Proof that you can not park at the Contemporary & walk to the Magic Kingdom

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
I have read a lot of posts where people ask if it's ok to park their car at the Contemporary & then go to the Magic Kingdom. Well some people have said no it's not allowed & others have said that a CM told them it was no problem. Well so we don't have to deal with this again we all know that your not allowed to park your cars at the Contemporary & walk to the Magic Kingdom. How do I know that, well their is a sign posted before you enter the Contemporary that says "We do not provide parking for the Magic Kingdom." So if anyone was thinking of asking in the future this question just remember that it's not allowed & if you don't belive me then look for that sign the next time you drive into the Contemporary. Also I am sure they have the same sign when you enter the Polynesian & Grand Floridian.

TimeTrip

I don't think anyone *really* believed that you could actually park at the Contemporary solely for the purpose of visiting MK.

What people really mean to ask is "Can I do it and get away with it?"

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
Well hopefully after reading this they will not want to get away with it & breaking the rules. Also like I said before if they don't belive me the next time they go to the Contemporary, I am sure they will when they see the sign I was talking about.

comics101

We've lied and gotten away with it before. We just said we made reservations for Chef Mickey's and they beliveved us.

jmvd20

comics101 said:
We've lied and gotten away with it before. We just said we made reservations for Chef Mickey's and they beliveved us.

How can you sleep at night after doing such a thing? I have never even thought about something as bad as that :lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Another little `secret` loophole is officially closed...

I remember when you could just stroll up to the Top of the World and go straight out onto the NW Obs deck for FITS. Do I sound old?

Horizons1

marni1971 said:
I remember when you could just stroll up to the Top of the World and go straight out onto the NW Obs deck for FITS. Do I sound old?

Nope, you sound just like my parents! :lol:

DME

marni1971 said:
Another little `secret` loophole is officially closed...

You don't sound old to me Marni..Since I remember doing that too!!!

ZapperZ

I thnk the same could be said for the Epcot Resort. I recall reading a notice while driving into the Beach Club resort that you can't park there to go to Epcot.

I, unfortunately (or fortunately), have sorta done that, but that was because we had dinner reservations. Afterwards, we just walked over to Epcot to catch IllumiNations. I would of course never park at the resort without any reason.

Zz.

ToTBellHop

ZapperZ said:
I thnk the same could be said for the Epcot Resort. I recall reading a notice while driving into the Beach Club resort that you can't park there to go to Epcot.

I, unfortunately (or fortunately), have sorta done that, but that was because we had dinner reservations. Afterwards, we just walked over to Epcot to catch IllumiNations. I would of course never park at the resort without any reason.

Zz.
Well that seems reasonable to me...it would be dumb to get back in your car and drive all the way to the Epcot parking lot when you were a 5 minute walk from World Showcase. Granted, I've never dealt with the whole parking situation...Disney Transport for me any day!

SteveUK

I'm so glad you are here to answer yet another of those questions which bothers us all daily.

I'm so relieved you cleared this one up, maybe I will be able to sleep tonight now.

hansel1

SteveUK said:
I'm so glad you are here to answer yet another of those questions which bothers us all daily.

I'm so relieved you cleared this one up, maybe I will be able to sleep tonight now.

hehehe!

DonaldD23

I know that there is a sign at the Contemporary that says exactly what you quoted. However, how can you title your post as "PROOF..." when all you did was write something. That's not "proof". Now, if you actually posted a photo of the sign with your post that would have constituted as proof. But, since you didn't, anyone who has not seen the sign for themselves can consider it heresay if they wanted to! :lol:

Jayhawk

b21nhl said:
i've done it at the poly. "have reservations" and you're in.

Yeah we had a tea party reservation at the grand floridian and after the tea pary went to the magic kingdom, leaving the car at the gf. When we came to the gate and talked to the guard he glanced down at some list as to confirm that we really had reservations. I don't know if this was a real list or him jsut making us believe it was. Anyway, after our tea party it was nice to be able to just hop on the monorail to the mk instead of having to go through all the hassle at the big lot.

dm77

Its easy too pull off at night when they have those "magic hours" or whatever they are called. Think we did it a few times for that and also a couple of times to go see fireworks.

You can always park there and if someone gives you crap just say, "Oh we have dinner reservations in the Contemporary" :wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
DonaldD23 said:
I know that there is a sign at the Contemporary that says exactly what you quoted. However, how can you title your post as "PROOF..." when all you did was write something. That's not "proof". Now, if you actually posted a photo of the sign with your post that would have constituted as proof. But, since you didn't, anyone who has not seen the sign for themselves can consider it heresay if they wanted to! :lol:
:lol: You sound like a lawyer ! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom