Project xCloud

erasure fan1

It sounds great, but right now I have way to many questions about it. My biggest concern, and it comes up with any all digital/streaming service, is internet speeds and data caps. I know a lot of people will chime in with, I have 100mbs and unlimited data! Well I don't so it is something I have to consider.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It sounds great, but right now I have way to many questions about it. My biggest concern, and it comes up with any all digital/streaming service, is internet speeds and data caps. I know a lot of people will chime in with, I have 100mbs and unlimited data! Well I don't so it is something I have to consider.

They somehow got it down to 10 mbps, which is absolutely amazing - and they are still working on it. I have very high hopes for what Microsoft can do with this tech. I'm so far very impressed with the integrations they've done between Xbox and PC (as I have both).

Now i'm wondering how much Project Xcloud is going to be, or if it's going to be included with a xbox live gold membership.

erasure fan1

That's another factor. Will I be able to stream any game I own? Just my digital copies? Will you pay extra for that feature, kind of like buying a Blu-ray with a digital key? I would like to see them do a combo of their services like live, game pass, this into one price. Along with having alacarte options as well.

Indy_UK

Really hope Microsoft roll this out to as many platforms as possible like AppleTV, so it can sit alongside Disney+ and Hulu. Somehow I can see Apple being difficult and it not happening

erasure fan1

Really hope Microsoft roll this out to as many platforms as possible like AppleTV, so it can sit alongside Disney+ and Hulu. Somehow I can see Apple being difficult and it not happening
Well it will at least be on iphone. I'm not sure apple could stop them just like Microsoft can't stop google from having chrome... From the sound of it, xcloud will just be an app, so as long as Microsoft follows the app store standards, I don't think apple can do much about it. I don't think apple or nintendo would be thrilled about it, but I don't see them being able to really do anything about it.

erasure fan1

Digital Trends said:
Microsoft said that its Project xCloud video game streaming service will not only support all the current games in the Xbox family of systems, but also all upcoming Xbox One titles.
Project xCloud will let players stream games from Microsoft’s own servers to the device of their choice. The technology will open up console-quality gaming to people who do not have the necessary hardware, with the only requirement being a strong and stable internet connection.
In an update on the technology through an Xbox Wire post, Microsoft said Project xCloud is capable of running three generations of games, namely all the titles from the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. The service is capable of streaming all of the more than 3,500 games without any adjustments or modifications required from their developers. In addition, when a developer updates the Xbox One version of a game, the changes will automatically be applied to all versions of the title on Project xCloud.
Microsoft also said there are more than 1,900 games in development for the Xbox One, and that all of them will run on Project xCloud. This brings the total number of current and future Xbox games supported by the streaming service to more than 5,000 games.

I'm still not sold, but it sounds promising. I can't wait to see it actually work in real world conditions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom