Project Kiwi (Groot) and Exo (Wampa & Hulk) in NYT

Magenta Panther

Name me one over sized Disney character that doesn't already have a walk around character in the parks.

And shouldn't Disney characters have walk-around characters in Disney parks?

But come to think of it, I haven't seen Bambi lately, have you? And what was that rabbit's name? Oswald? Roger? Oh yeah. Both of them. Was Mr. Toad ever a walkaround? He did have a ride in WDW once. And where's Clawhauser? Or Pongo and Tramp and Peg? Pegasus and the Gargoyles? The Gummi Bears? Gadget from Rescue Rangers?

I mean, are Marvel fanbois completely blind to the weirdness of the Hulk in Disneyland? Are they that eager for their unwilling kids to hug the Hulk while Hulk yells "Hulk smash!"?

Well, whatever. If this project happens, I bet customers will have to pay Genie prices for it, and IMO it'll serve them right. :D

Kamikaze

But come to think of it, I haven't seen Bambi lately, have you? And what was that rabbit's name? Oswald? Roger? Oh yeah. Both of them. Was Mr. Toad ever a walkaround? He did have a ride in WDW once. And where's Clawhauser? Or Pongo and Tramp and Peg? Pegasus and the Gargoyles? The Gummi Bears? Gadget from Rescue Rangers?

I mean, are Marvel fanbois completely blind to the weirdness of the Hulk in Disneyland? Are they that eager for their unwilling kids to hug the Hulk while Hulk yells "Hulk smash!"?

Well, whatever. If this project happens, I bet customers will have to pay Genie prices for it, and IMO it'll serve them right. :D
Yes, having The Hulk at Avenger's Campus would certainly be 'weird'. /s

Movielover

Wait, you do realize half of those characters are not original to Disney and were only acquired through the purchasing of rights which is literally the same thing as what they did with Marvel? So what makes them different from more modern day acquisitions?

Marvel is not in Disneyland, it's in California Adventure. If you are going to wine like a pestilent child then please at least get your facts correct. Also how is that any different than kids hugging Buzz Lightyear as he says "To infinity and beyond!"? Plus I think you are way underestimating how many kids who would want to see The Hulk. Marvel is huge with kids, almost as if it's a popular IP brand that Disney is capitalizing on. A walk around Hulk would be super popular.

Look at how popular the Transformers M&G's are over at Universal. People, including kids, love to meet Megatron. Marvel is here to stay, I recommend you get over your personal bias against it and just move on.

Robbiem

Name me one over sized Disney character that doesn't already have a walk around character in the parks.

The giant from mickey and the beanstork would be cool. I think its a very looong shot we would ever get him though. Avatar could be another example they could go for though

Magenta Panther

Wait, you do realize half of those characters are not original to Disney and were only acquired through the purchasing of rights which is literally the same thing as what they did with Marvel? So what makes them different from more modern day acquisitions?
Call yourself a Movielover, hoo boy. It does get tiring having to explain this distinction over and over to people who think they've pulled a "Gotcha!"

True, Walt and company didn't create Pinocchio, for instance. But he created his own version of it. Compare Carlos Collodi's (the creator's) Pinocchio to Walt's. Huge difference, and hence, because it was the superior version, when people think of Pinocchio, they think of Disney's Pinocchio. Throw in the songs and brilliant animation along with the superior adaptation, and you get why people think of Pinocchio as a Disney creation. Because in a very real way, it is. And what brought that about? Disney artistry, Disney input, Disney plussing. Work and insight and risk. Not just emptying pockets for a creation somebody else did, developed and risked for, and bought only for merchandising. That's not creativity, that's acquisition. There's a difference between artistry and acquisition. Artistry is - or was - the "Disney difference". That's why, as old as those Walt creations are, they continue to enchant and inspire every generation.

Here's to the probably-futile hope that you get it now. Have a magical Disney - oops - Marvel - day!

SirLink

The giant from mickey and the beanstork would be cool. I think its a very looong shot we would ever get him though. Avatar could be another example they could go for though

Yep could be but Magenta doesn't class Star Wars/Marvel/21CP as 'Disney' though.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

You mean something like this? the "4.2 ton utility suit".

iu-1.jpeg

Brer Panther

Was Mr. Toad ever a walkaround?
I'm not sure if he ever roamed the parks, but at one point there was indeed a Mr. Toad costume.

1629722054730.png
And where's Clawhauser? Or Pongo and Tramp and Peg? Pegasus and the Gargoyles? The Gummi Bears? Gadget from Rescue Rangers?
The Gummi Bears and Gadget have done meet-and-greets in the parks previously, as has Goliath from Gargoyles. But yeah, why ISN'T Clawhauser a meetable character? He's be a natural choice for it.

Sir_Cliff

Yes, it is a mystery that Disney is investing so much money in bringing Marvel characters to the parks when they could have Roger Rabbit, Clawhauser, the Gummi Bears, or Gadget from Rescue Rangers instead.

Inspired Figment

And of course the Imagineers are focusing this tech on Iger's acquisitions, instead of actual Disney characters.

Because the Incredible Hulk is just so magical!

:greedy:
To be fair.. the Groot idea I think was initially being played around with for Pinocchio as you can see his hat in the background I believe in one of the videos

UNCgolf

I can't envision a scenario when they'd ever be able to have something like that Baby Groot freely wander around an area of the park unsupervised. They'll have to have a CM with it at all times because of guests who will want to push it over or do other things to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom