Project Kiwi (Groot) and Exo (Wampa & Hulk) in NYT

dreamfinder

That's exactly what R&D is for. Research and develop to see what works and what doesn't.

It's how alot of things get developed. Even though a lot of these projects may get shelved, information they gather from their construction and development can be folded into other things. The controls they develop to curl the Bantha's lips may find it's way into the next generation Avatar shaman for instance. (Making that example up, but the theory applies)

dsinclair

Original Poster
If they knew something worked there wouldn't be research and design put into it. R&D is for finding out what works.
confused laura dern GIF by EditingAndLayout

SpoiledBlueMilk

I also meet Lucky at AK. We were early to the area in Dinoland and it was worth the wait as far as I was concerned. Yeah, Lucky wasn't real but it didn't matter. It was definitely memorable. A wonderful example of what imagineering could do when they were allowed to do what they did best.
Same. That bird was impressive. I agree that people go to the parks for different reasons. For me, it's Disney as a whole - that means tried and true old school Disney, as well as Marvel and Star Wars.

aliceismad

Bollocks on Marvel is Disney. Most people going to the Disney parks don't go to see Iron Man; they go to see Cinderella or Tinker Bell or Beauty and the Beast or Pirates or Elsa. And all of those are very popular still. And they still sell a ton of merchandise, so yeah they might be worthy of some of the tech the Imagineers are wasting on superpowered Spandex. :p
I thought that as forum members we were all supposed to go to Disney for original IP like Haunted Mansion and Figment and never to see IP from movies.

MagicHappens1971

From a company that has cut even the most basic of entertainment offerings that cost next to nothing. Do we really think any of this will see the light of day in daily ops?
I can’t imagine they would. Which is why all of this is so frustrating, they talked about the droids who would roam galaxy’s edge, and keep hyping up things like this, which will probably never see more than a 2-3 day run once every other year for a press event

MagicHappens1971

I had not seen one. But believe you. Hell if they want walk around characters they have one ready made for many years!!
And no not Mr Price but I am sure he would find it funny at Halloween.

sweetums.jpg
He used to meet @ Epcot

Attachments

• 10B75A16-659A-47BE-971F-5499D82E753D.jpeg
    10B75A16-659A-47BE-971F-5499D82E753D.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 54

TikibirdLand

From a company that has cut even the most basic of entertainment offerings that cost next to nothing. Do we really think any of this will see the light of day in daily ops?
well, you'll need to be on the skycruiser or the Marvel Mystery Cruise to see it in person. Oh, and that should add $1000 to each ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom