Project Jumbo: Disney's Lone-Star Resort

Coast

Original Poster
Hello everyone! The folks from Animated Midway Productions have decided to take on there biggest project to date and have chosen the WDWMAGIC Forums to be the host of this massive project. I am here speaking on behalf of MCBRIZZ5, the creator behind this project and he has asked me to be his voice on the forums (he is currently having trouble logging into the forums). I am working along side him on this new idea that he has to create the THIRD Disney resort here in the United States. Three years ago, MCBRIZZ worked on a project called the ISLE of Disney Project (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=50309&page=13) and has decided to lead and hopefully finish a similar project. This is where everyone else comes in! If you take a look at that project, it was created by 4-5 individuals and was left undone after about a month. It is his hope that this does not happen with his “dream”. He asks for everyone on these IMAGINEER forums, to please give some thought into joining me and him on this project. Any help, it could range from becoming a full collaborator to just an occasional assistant to just being an annoying critic. Basically his idea is to fully describe each part of the project, from theme parks to areas to rides, in great detail through words, art, and hopefully some working animations on RCT3 and other simulators. If anyone is interested in joining in on the fun, you can contact him on AIM (mcbrizz5), leaving a message here, or on SKYPE (mcbrizz5). You can also contact me on AIM (lildaredevil235) or SKYPE (coastin.east2). We really do want a lot of Disney fans to get in on this project. Mcbrizz said that the last time he did this it was a lot of fun talking and sharing ideas with others who are passionate about Disney and he would love to see it happen again! What follows is his introduction to the project and phases of the theme parks.

1. INTRODUCTION
For years, millions of American’s and guests from numerous destinations around the world have flocked to the south eastern and western parts of the United States to experience the magic of a Disney Resort. But the distance between these two resorts created a large area across the Midwest of the United States that was “magic-less”. Well for citizens in the heartland of America, this void will not last much longer! Marking the 40th anniversary of Walt Disney World and opening in 2011 is Disney’s Lone-Star Resort, located just outside of Dallas, Texas. This massive project, entitled Project Jumbo, will be the largest of the 6 Disney resorts around the world and will combine timeless classics and new ideas to create the ultimate guest experience. Spread throughout 3 different phases, the Lone-Star Resort will house FIVE Disney quality theme parks, ranging from the Magic of a SIXTH “Magic Kingdom”, to a taste of world flavor at an expanded World Showcase Theme Park, to a totally innovative and first of its kind, Disney Adventures/Thrills Park (currently unnamed and unthemed). The resort will also include a plethora of on-site Disney quality hotels, a Night-life/shopping/entertainment project, numerous sporting activities and venues, an airport, and several unannounced but totally innovative projects. The Disney Lone-Star Resort will not be thought of as just another Disney Resort. It will take the meaning of a Disney Resort to a whole another level!

PARK PHASES
Phase 1-
-Magic Kingdom
-Disney’s American Adventure (basically a huge celebration of America split into several different areas like Midwest, New York, and California)
-Water Park (theme not yet decided)
Phase 2-
-Disney’s Hollywood Studios (name subject to change)
-Disney Thrills Park (Think Islands of Adventure with Disney themed land)
-World Showcase Park (Pretty much Epcot’s World Showcase on steroids)
Phase 3-
If we get here there will probably be an EPCOT like place or possibly a Disney Seas or something totally innovative.
Hotels and other activities to be added in the near future….

romanarms

i think i want in... by i dont really get it: what do I need to do? do i have to do everything that you tell me or just what i want?

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
Count me in, too! I'm already involved with a fe projects in the Imagineering section, so getting involved with this one won't hurt. I reviewed the thread that MCBRIZZ posted a few years ago and the ideas were amazing. I'd happily fill any position you have for this project.

Coast

Original Poster
O.K., thanks guys for showing interest!

Can you give more details and be more specific as to what exactly you are confused about?

Either post that here or PM or leave your instant messaging or email info here and we will chat with you.

You can reach me on AIM at lildaredevil235 or on Skype at coastin.east2 or McBrizz on AIM at Mcbrizz5 or on skype at mcbrizz5 to ask us the questions as to what you are confused about or for ideas you have. We will be glad to answer your messages and questions at any time.

Or, simply post the questions here.

Also, McBrizz needs to figure out how to get unbanned since his ip has changed to a large network at a college if any of you know how or can contact a mod, let us know.

Thanks again!

Update tomorrow with more info!

Oriolesmagic

I'll join but I'm not sure I have a full grasp on what I'm supposed to do, I think that I'm supposed to just give you advice and ride ideas right?

Coast

Original Poster
Well, we ask for everybody's ideas.

Now as to helping out, you can do something as simple as post an idea you have in as much detail as you can so we can create a visual rendering of what the attraction would look like.

We are looking for those with drawing talents, Sketchup or 3-D modeling talents, and talents in Roller Coaster Tycoon. All these will be used in creating the visual parts of this project.

Also, feel free to contact us at anytime here on the forums, on AIM (I'm LiLDaReDeViL235 and McBrizz is McBrizz5) or on Skype (I'm coastin.east2 and McBrizz is McBrizz5) or through email at coastineastpodcast@hotmail.com

Thanks again! Update soon.

MaterA113

I could write storylines for attractions, or at least try, but someone else would have to draw/ recreate them because I am not a very good drawer.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I want to join, I came up with a concept for the American Adventure and put it here on WDWmagic. Although you probably just altered the Imagineers idea like I did

MCBRIZZ5

JAMBO EVERYONE!!!!! It seems Rowan University's IP is banned which really sucks but it's good to know I'm not actually banned. This is McBrizz the brains behind this little design here and I am ready to do a little 'splaing. Pretty much I was in Chem one day not paying attention and I was like wow I kinda wanna start working on that project we did 4 years ago. But now that I'm the big boy instead of the small fry in the project (I was a mere 14 at the time and now 18 so let me think I'm a big boy!!!) I wanna kinda take this in my own direction. Now let me begin by saying that anyone who says I've stolen ideas or am using similar ideas to what they have, it is pure coinicidence! I haven't been on this site in over a year and my first thoughts about a project like this began while I was at Rowan and I obviously can't get on from there. With that being said, anyone who wants to help and has similar ideas to what's being presented I beg you to come aboard. I want this project to accomplish two things: 1. Being massive and 2. being completed. Isle of Disney had one of those things now I just wanna finiish up (so to speak) what was started. If any of the other people who worked on it are here PLEASE jump in cuz the group was pretty cool. I'm gonna post alot more info over the weekend about what I'm thinking and answer some more questions but I just wanted to come out and kinda let everyone know the fearless leader is here lol! Hope to see more people get excited about this and PLEASE do not feel weird about iming about questions. I'm a college student who is majoring in Engineering, what else do I have better to do!

Sassagoula-Rvr

JAMBO EVERYONE!!!!! It seems Rowan University's IP is banned which really sucks but it's good to know I'm not actually banned. This is McBrizz the brains behind this little design here and I am ready to do a little 'splaing. Pretty much I was in Chem one day not paying attention and I was like wow I kinda wanna start working on that project we did 4 years ago. But now that I'm the big boy instead of the small fry in the project (I was a mere 14 at the time and now 18 so let me think I'm a big boy!!!) I wanna kinda take this in my own direction. Now let me begin by saying that anyone who says I've stolen ideas or am using similar ideas to what they have, it is pure coinicidence! I haven't been on this site in over a year and my first thoughts about a project like this began while I was at Rowan and I obviously can't get on from there. With that being said, anyone who wants to help and has similar ideas to what's being presented I beg you to come aboard. I want this project to accomplish two things: 1. Being massive and 2. being completed. Isle of Disney had one of those things now I just wanna finiish up (so to speak) what was started. If any of the other people who worked on it are here PLEASE jump in cuz the group was pretty cool. I'm gonna post alot more info over the weekend about what I'm thinking and answer some more questions but I just wanted to come out and kinda let everyone know the fearless leader is here lol! Hope to see more people get excited about this and PLEASE do not feel weird about iming about questions. I'm a college student who is majoring in Engineering, what else do I have better to do!

I said I would like to help out with the American park, I plan on going into a Engineering program in 1.5 years and am really interested in this stuff. Do you aspire to be an imagineer at some point? I don't really care if you did take my idea I could give a hoot less, I just want to make that clear that I wasn't accusing you. I PM'd you as my AIM has not been working properly and am going to be getting a new laptop shortly. :wave:

SWatsi

Ah. I vaguely remembered that Isle of Disney thing, I remembered reading a bit of that, but couldn't remember where from.
If this gets off, and I'm about I'll provide some critique for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom