Project Gemini???

DisneyJill

Original Poster
Can someone explain what exactly Project Gemini is? I have heard the terms used, but I don't know specifics. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

DisneyJill

Original Poster
Thanks so much! What an interesting article. I'm not sure how I feel about all of it though. It will be interesting to see how it all shapes up in the next few years. Thanks again for your help! :D

RnRCJohn

I never realy realized what project gemini was all about, but now that I know its realy depressing. Epcot being my favorite park and all Future world is what I go for. And the good food of course in the World Showcase. I love the theme there and this would just ruin it. No offence to IOA because it and epcot are tied for my favorite parks ever.. but Rainforest rollercoaster? Kinda lame IMO.. outdoor coasters fit in much better at IOA. I go to epcot mostly because of the incredible theming and the futuristic feel.. I go to IOA to be thrilled and because of the theming. I hope they dont go through with this :cry: :cry: :cry:

John

Dayma

I just cringe when I hear Project Gemini and Time Racers...If they change SSE I am going to cry...Horizons was one thing but SSE :(

Rory Mitchell

great news

That sounds absolutly fantastic. I definatly think that EPCOT needs newer and better attractions, but I dont like the roler coaster rain forest idea (wouldnt it be better at Animal Kingdom?) just a thought.:hammer:

bmxviper02

noooooooo epcott STAY AS U ARE DONT LET THE MONEY WANTING POWER PPL TAKE U OVER.. NOO!!!!! .. lol rainforest.. ya ... i mean NO!!.. leave epcot the way it is and just add a ride or 2.. i mean jeeez DIsney THINK!:fork:

Kenan

Some components of Project Gemini, in my opinion, will not work with Epcot. They must rethink it. I am all for redoing Spaceship Earth, but with the coaster going outside, it will take away from the geospheric look of Epcot and its official icon.

Dayma

They must rethink it. I am all for redoing Spaceship Earth, but with the coaster going outside, it will take away from the geospheric look of Epcot and its official icon.

Plus that means u would have 4 thrill rides! I am sorry but that is too much. Body Wars, TT,M:S and Time Racers....Where the heck am I supposed to bring my kids when I have them? Think Disney THINK! The one place that they need to improve for kids is Epcot and instead they are gearing it more towards teens and up.....

Kenan

Originally posted by blackride
Plus that means u would have 4 thrill rides! I am sorry but that is too much. Body Wars, TT,M:S and Time Racers....Where the heck am I supposed to bring my kids when I have them? Think Disney THINK! The one place that they need to improve for kids is Epcot and instead they are gearing it more towards teens and up.....

Epcot has always been geared more for the adult oriented crowd. As for Body Wars, I really believe that is pretty much in the can, unless the traffic from Mission: SPACE will give it another 2 years or so, but I cant see it going more than that. OR they may end up making the Wonders pavillion and Living Seas pavillion geared more towards the kids. Like you said, Disney should think about it, and see how they can improve.

RickEff

I'd sure rather them do something with BodyWars before they even thought about touching SSE.

EPCOT is my favourite place to be - and with Mission Space, I'm sure it'll only get better.

I miss Horizons, but it sounds like MS is a great new addition. I only hope if they DO decide to do something new with SSE that they keep in mind the theming of EPCOT. It was designed and built to be different than the other parks - it's nice to have something different once in a while.

:D

Rick

Lee

Adventurer
Parts of Gemini would do wonders for EPCOT, some of it would not.
The overhaul of the themeing would be wonderful. It would breathe new life into a bleak, dated Furute World.
The Midget Autopia idea reeks, and will never see the light of day.
The coaster is an interesting idea, but is unlikely to happen.

What to really look for:
New themeing.
A Soarin' attraction, which is a true marvel. Worth the admission to DCA.
Revamped Spaceship Earth, but not into a thrill ride.
Complete overhaul of Living Seas.

We should see bits of this start to fall into place in the not too distant future. Starting with the Soarin'.

Luke1984

Originally posted by Lee

The Midget Autopia idea reeks, and will never see the light of day.

I actually think it could be a good idea. Then they could close down the car ride in Tomorrowland and put something better there like maybe the Villian Mountain. They could do the same thing with Carousel of Progress. Put COP in one of the innoventations buildings and then put the Flying Saucers in the COP building.

Of course I'm not sure if my "Put old Tomorrowland attractions in Epcot to make Tomorrowland fresher." will actually help Epcot's attendance.....But hey, Tomorrowland will be alot better right? :cool:

Dayma

I think a roller coaster would be kinda weird at epcot. I just dont think it fits..... TT and M:S yes becasue it has to to with Science but a coaster has nothing to do with Science...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom