Professional Internships

LongballMG

Original Poster
Just applied for my PIs...

Labor Operations Project Analyst
Labor Operations Time Team
Management Operations

I'm bugging out.... this waiting is going to kill me.

Figment82

I applied last March, received a phone call a few weeks later for preliminary questions (round 1 to get accepted into round 2). Then it wasn't until November that I heard back from one of the positions (I applied to 8) and was told I was accepted Thanksgiving week.

So patience is key for the PI's. :)

Good luck!

SFSC26

when you applied for those 8 PI's in march did you have any idea of WHEN the internships would start? I didn't think I would have to apply 9 months before the internship.

I guess I'm confused at how the PI timeline works compared to the College Program if someone could explain this to me!?

I'm assuming now that they're not specific times for internships like the sessions for the college program then?

Pioneer Hall

All the PI's are listed on the Disney Careers site now. They application deadlines are in March I believe for programs starting in the fall semester. I wanted to do one, but my school is not being very cooperative with the credits and letting me get away. Guess I will just have to be ready to go for full time after graduation.

sandicinderelli

I applied for mine this week:

Disney Learning Center
Labor Operations Cast Deployment
Communication Technology (I really want this one)
Field Marketing - Disneyland

As with everyone else, I'm just trying to stay sane while waiting.

Figment82

I believe in the philosophy that you can never apply too early - as soon as they start posting for the semester you want, go for it. When I applied, the positions had only been up for maybe a day or so.

Not sure how much it helps, but it sure didn't hurt (worked out well for me!).

flower4pwr

I once again applied...

You've applied before? How is the process if you don't mind me asking?

Anyway...
I've applied for 3
Operations Management
F&B Management and
MK Special Events Assistant

I am so nervous, I hope to move down since I graduate in May but it all hinges on my ability to get these internships. Whenever I think about it get butterflies in my stomache! I'm so nervous already!

getfuzzy77

How many people do they normally recruit for PIs? I noticed many of us have applied for the Operations Management PI (I have as well). I don't want you guys to not get it, but I like thinking the odds are on my side. lol

Good luck to you guys, btw.

TiggersPooh

Last season about 7,000 applied for PI and only about 475 spots were available

for the College Program about 16,000 applied for 6,000 spots

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm a lil dissapointed.. This year/semester is really a point where i'd be in a position to be taking off for an internship and there's nothing that really is right for me. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. It's just dissapointing.

I passed some stuff along to people i know who normally couldn't give a flip about Disney or the theme parks but who are perfect an dhave the exact resumes and qualifications for some of the creative roles at the parks in costuming and such. Too bad i'm not a costuming or graphic designer *sigh*

I guess i could be a stage hand or do the events setup staff.. but.. really, that's actually below my qualification level. I think my advisors would be quite frowny-faced at me for doing that because it's "Disney" instead of taking a design role with another company. Oh well.

Really bummed the only thing i've seen from imagineering lately is project architects, business people, and engineers. Used to be lots of lighting and creative art people they needed. Oh well.

sandicinderelli

How many people do they normally recruit for PIs? I noticed many of us have applied for the Operations Management PI (I have as well). I don't want you guys to not get it, but I like thinking the odds are on my side. lol

Good luck to you guys, btw.

Thanks for the encouragement...:brick: Kinda gloating there, don't you think!

SSE

I have questions for people that may know anything about the PIs. I plan on graduating in May of 2009 with a bachelor's in accounting and would like to do a PI after graduation. So I was wondering if anyone knew, when they usually start posting jobs for the following summer, I want to apply as soon as possible. I am going to try and talk to people at my school this week about it, because I am suppose to go into an MBA program in the fall after I graduate and want to find out if there is a way I could postpone that. Any help would be appreciated.

Pioneer Hall

I have questions for people that may know anything about the PIs. I plan on graduating in May of 2009 with a bachelor's in accounting and would like to do a PI after graduation. So I was wondering if anyone knew, when they usually start posting jobs for the following summer, I want to apply as soon as possible. I am going to try and talk to people at my school this week about it, because I am suppose to go into an MBA program in the fall after I graduate and want to find out if there is a way I could postpone that. Any help would be appreciated.

PI's starting in next summer (and going through the fall to January) would be listed sometime in Jan 09. I am having the same issue as you are actually graduating with my Finance and Marketing degrees next May. I want to apply for a PI (if I can't get a regular full time position) but I would get a decision right around when I graduate, and by then I would have had to accept other offers. I am going to see if there are any ways to possibly work around that decision date if needed since waiting until May just isn't feasible when you are graduating (as I am sure you would understand as well).

getfuzzy77

Has anyone heard anything yet? I am having my first phone interview tomorrow. I'm so nervous! I guess if you pass round 1 you pass on to the next round of phone interviews or do they send you a packet or e-mail?

And the excitement has begun...

SSE

PI's starting in next summer (and going through the fall to January) would be listed sometime in Jan 09. I am having the same issue as you are actually graduating with my Finance and Marketing degrees next May. I want to apply for a PI (if I can't get a regular full time position) but I would get a decision right around when I graduate, and by then I would have had to accept other offers. I am going to see if there are any ways to possibly work around that decision date if needed since waiting until May just isn't feasible when you are graduating (as I am sure you would understand as well).

Thanks for the response. It is kind of confusing to figure everything out, especially when I plan on going for my MBA at the same school which is in NY, so I can't really do a PI and take classes. I did the CP from January 07 - August 07 and feel this would be a good next step in my goal of hopefully working for Disney full time in the future.

Pioneer Hall

Thanks for the response. It is kind of confusing to figure everything out, especially when I plan on going for my MBA at the same school which is in NY, so I can't really do a PI and take classes. I did the CP from January 07 - August 07 and feel this would be a good next step in my goal of hopefully working for Disney full time in the future.

I completely agree...there is so much to think about. I originally thought about getting my MBA right out of undergrad, but so many recruiters discourage you from doing that so I decided to wait. If you don't mind me asking, which school do you attend?

SSE

I completely agree...there is so much to think about. I originally thought about getting my MBA right out of undergrad, but so many recruiters discourage you from doing that so I decided to wait. If you don't mind me asking, which school do you attend?

I attend Mount Saint Mary College, it is located in Newburgh, NY. My parents are really trying to discourage me from applying for a PI next year once I graduate, because they want me to get my MBA and be completely done. Then they say I can do whatever I want. When I applied to my school I applied for the 5 yr program and thats what I was accepted into, and one reason I chose it, is because it seemed it would be easier to just do it here. I don't need to take the GMATs, no application, no essay, I'm basically in as long as I have a good GPA and take the required undergrad courses.

Pioneer Hall

I attend Mount Saint Mary College, it is located in Newburgh, NY. My parents are really trying to discourage me from applying for a PI next year once I graduate, because they want me to get my MBA and be completely done. Then they say I can do whatever I want. When I applied to my school I applied for the 5 yr program and thats what I was accepted into, and one reason I chose it, is because it seemed it would be easier to just do it here. I don't need to take the GMATs, no application, no essay, I'm basically in as long as I have a good GPA and take the required undergrad courses.

OK...My 5 year program still requires me to take the GMAT's and apply to the school (but the system works a little differently than applying to regular grad school). However, I still think I would rather wait at this point even though finishing completely would be appealing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom