Professional Internships

TiggersPooh

Original Poster
Is anyone on here currently in the process of interviewing for the Spring 08 internships?!

I made it past the first round of interviews (Park Operation Management and HR/MK) and today I received a phone call saying that I have a second interview for Park Operations Management!

Anyone who has applied or had this internship before do you have any tips or thoughts on what they are going to ask?!

Im very excited! Keep Your Fingers Crossed!

Scar Junior

I have yet to apply for a PI or Management role. I expect to do so in the Spring. However, from those I've talked to who interview the candidates... one bit of advice I got was to come across less as a Disney fan and more of a professional. It sounds obvious, but from what I hear a lot of former CPs and Campus Reps don't get that they're supposed to be more mature in the interview.

In other words, don't interview like it's Disney anymore than you would for another fortune 100 company.

Scar Junior

Best of luck! I trust you'll keep us up to date.

Question... if you apply for operations management when do you find out your assignment? Also, if you end up being my boss I'm going to slack off alot.

Just if you want to compare timelines. I interviewed for an Animal Technology internship on September 28. I was offered the position on October 12. I interviewed for a Human Resources Information Solutions on October 2, and was offered the position on October 16. But don't think too hard about it, every department/manager will be different. For the record, I accepted the HRIS one - it starts January 11.

Good luck to all!!

I think he ^ wasn't talking about a management position specifically.

Do you guys (and girls) know how many internships there are total? I heard 300... anyone know for sure? Kinda curious.

chines83

accepted professional internship

I just accepted a professional internship on Wed working as the College Education Program Coordinator with the CP's. I am going down this week to look at apartments but if anyone is looking Im interested in getting a 2 bedroom. I found one place in Kissimmee that is 700 a month plus utilities for 2 bedroom(which is really cheap) that i am looking into. Just let me know!

emileekay04

I just got my acceptance for a professional internship last week! I am SOOO excited and can't wait to go back :) I'm going to be with Sales and Events... and I begin January 11! I'm in the lottery for an apartment at Northbridge... anyone have any feedback if those are good or bad? If I don't get in... I'm gonna be in need of a place too!

Just yesterday, November 12, the Information Technology people called me asking for an interview... but I already accepted the other one so I told them. I think it's strange they are still interviewing when November 15 is the cutoff date for making decisions..

Also, not to scare you but I heard Northbridge offers low-income housing. So there may be some riff-raff in there. But it's a really really cool complex.

chines83

northbridge

So here is my thoughts of Northbridge housing. Did you like all the rules at Vista and Chatam??? I know its not exactly the same with the rules but they still have control over your living situation. And sharing a bedroom again just makes me feel like im back in the college program, not a Professional intern. but it is cheaper than most apartments. the place im looking at is 600 for a 1 bedroom and i heard that was super cheap. some friends of mine are paying 760

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom