Prof. Internship Interviews

monorail256

Original Poster
Hey guys, I'm having my introductory interview tomorrow night for a spring 2008 professional internship.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on what to expect. Do they focus on past experiances and qualifications -- or are they more interested in learning more about me?

I feel confident in that I'll move on to the next round, but you know how it is... I've just got the interview jitters, haha.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan :king:

dave2822

Hey, couldn't help but notice your thread, and though I can't help you with your question, maybe you can help me with mine :)

Did you do the WDW College Program before you applied for this professional internship? Was it a pre-requisite before applying for the professional internship? Was it beneficial? Thanks

Nobody posted back to my thread :(

monorail256

Original Poster
The initial interview today went really really well, and I'm moving on to round two... now just the waiting period for the specific departments to call... haha.

:wave:

PinMadness

Hey, couldn't help but notice your thread, and though I can't help you with your question, maybe you can help me with mine :)

Did you do the WDW College Program before you applied for this professional internship? Was it a pre-requisite before applying for the professional internship? Was it beneficial? Thanks

Nobody posted back to my thread :(

For some of the Professional Internships, the WDW College Program is a pre-req.

But there are some that do not require that you do the College Program first. It'll tell you in the job descriptions.

sandicinderelli

Hey, all! I was wondering if anyone could help me with these two questions.

1. Can a student do more than one Prof. Internship?

2. Can a student apply for a Prof. Internship the semester they a graduating?

If anyone could help me, it would be wonderful.

Thanks! :wave:

I don't know the answer to your first question, but the campus reps I have talked to said yes about your second one!!

egionet

Yes, you can do more than one, but you can not be a professional intern no more than one full year.
Yes, you can apply as long as you're a student at the time you apply.

For the other poster who asked, no there are no summer internships. Most last for 6 months, but some are only 4 (those are rare and are usually only if the intern extended their program for a few more months).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm currently on my PI, and I'm absolutely loving it.

sandicinderelli

Yes, you can do more than one, but you can not be a professional intern no more than one full year.
Yes, you can apply as long as you're a student at the time you apply.

For the other poster who asked, no there are no summer internships. Most last for 6 months, but some are only 4 (those are rare and are usually only if the intern extended their program for a few more months).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm currently on my PI, and I'm absolutely loving it.

What are you doing your PI in, if you don't mind me asking? It's so good to hear how someone is doing. I just haven't found a lot of people on the boards who are PIs.

Thanks for your response and I hope you can help with me a couple of more questions.

If you live there, how is Northbridge? I've heard that it's so far from Disney that it would probably be better to get an apt/condo closer. How is the pay for PIs? Do you work mostly in the day, or do you still get evening hours?

Just some questions to start out with. I don't want to overwhelm you. Thanks again!! :)

egionet

What are you doing your PI in, if you don't mind me asking? It's so good to hear how someone is doing. I just haven't found a lot of people on the boards who are PIs.

Thanks for your response and I hope you can help with me a couple of more questions.

If you live there, how is Northbridge? I've heard that it's so far from Disney that it would probably be better to get an apt/condo closer. How is the pay for PIs? Do you work mostly in the day, or do you still get evening hours?

Just some questions to start out with. I don't want to overwhelm you. Thanks again!! :)

I work for Operations Learning and Development (listed as training and development on Disney Careers website) specifically supporting Animal Programs at DAK. But I basically work to help design training program for all operations of the resort.

I don't live in Northbridge because it's far away and ridiculously expensive. Instead I found some other girls (through facebook) who didn't want to live there either. We found a 3 bedroom townhouse in Kissimmee, right off of 192, that is much cheaper, and it's fully furnished. We found it on craigslist.

I personally work regular business hours, M-F, 8:00-4:30, but it all depends on your specific internship. One of my roommates works the same; the other works at night and on the weekends. So it just depends on what you're doing and where you're located. Pay also depends on your location. But from what I've heard they are between $9 and $13 per hour. Unless you get a management internship, and then it pays more.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

SeaBreeze

Hi,

I could be wrong but I just finished my PI and there was a group of PIs coming in behind me that are there for just the summer. They were on the 4 month rotation and therefore have summer PIs. I think it just depends on the department you work for...mine may have just been strange lol.

I didn't live in Northbridge either so I can't help in that area. I lived in Celebration and absolutely loved it :)

Good luck and keep us posted!!

EDIT: My pay rate was also different from the aforementioned. I made more than that but maybe because I was in a technical role? We also generally worked 8-5 but there were quite a few times when I was working third shifts so again, depends what your job is. Definitely had a blast though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom