Problems at the World?

RonAnnArbor

And to add my 2 cents -- the last two weeks in September and the entire month of October are when WDW has traditionally done any minor repairs and things, moreso than any other time of year. Couple that with a few unfortunate real breakdowns (which do happen from time to time) and it sounds like you just had an unfortunate vacation experience...but not completely out of line with what might be expected at the most off-peak time of year - British crowds or no British crowds not withstanding....they were at DLRP packing the qeues to the gills a few weeks ago when I was in Paris too ---

Philo

I did notice a lot of people from Great Britain and many other countries while I was there this week. Our economy won't have a negative effect on them. Actually I think they may be getting better deals than us. :lookaroun

Nope, we've got a terrible economy problem too! I think most of the UK visitors will be those who booked and paid a while ago.

Disney are also really pushing a WDW vacation (and free dining) this year. Whilst it's certainly not cheap, it's not crazy expensive to get there. I think a 9 day stay for two adults at a value resort including a 14 day pass (which includes park hopper and unlimited entry to waterparks and DQ) will cost something like £2400 (including flights).

sweetsugar

I'm from the uk, my sis and i booked our holiday last month. We are staying in a disney hotel for 2 weeks 14 day disney pass (14 days for the price of 7, was on offer at the time) and a 14 orlando flexi plus ticket with flights and its only cost us under £2000 each. Then we just have spending money to save for

sleepybear

Just got back yesterday, and I didn't see too many closures or breakdowns. The EE yeti was on B mode the entire time, the Davey Jones mist was there Monday but not Friday and the hopping Brer Rabbit was gone from Splash (of course). Oh, and we came to an emergency stop on Test Track toward the end of the loop around the building. Our car braked so hard the tires were smoking. But I think that was simply due to slowness at the load/unload dock.

As for crowds -- yikes! It was crazy busy the entire week. I chalked it up to Columbus Day and discounts for neighboring states. But anyone looking for signs of a recession certainly couldn't find it at WDW last week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom