Probably the most cheesy thing in all of WDW!

Main Street USA

I'm pretty sure the railroad thing with pocahontas is supposed to be a joke. The "listen closely" comment, and then playing it loudly. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

OH MY GOD!!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOOO FREAKING HALARIOUS!!!

tenchu

Originally posted by Bairstow

You know, the concept of Jago and Zazu "Highjacking" a ride isn't such a bad idea. I bet you could have some real fun with something similar, say on Pirates of the Caribbean where say, I dunno, Gaston and Lefou took over(Holy Anachronisms Batman!) or maybe have the narration of Spaceship Earth be a back-and-forth british comedic/straight-man fight between Jeremy Irons and Eddy Izzard.

"Like a grand and miraculous spaceshi-"
"Boooo-riiiiing"
"Eddy Izzard?! what the devil are you doing here?"
"I'm looking for a slidshow with a wooly mammoth in it. Wait, there i'tis."

Heck, I dunno. You people figure something out.

Ha ha ha ha. That would be hilarious! Then there could be a nice selction of Eddie Izzaerds own range of lipsticks in the global neighbourhood at the end!

WDWGarden

Originally posted by alee4eva
OMG i know exactly what you're talking about!! LOL the "Little girl" thing threw me off so I thought you meant something I missed. Yess, the whole ride is so relaxing and comfortable and then bam! She invites you to go to the global neighborhood which you have to do anyway to get out of the geosphere. And on top of that.. its a bad exhibit.

Yes, I agree that girl is as annoying as all get out and I dread that part of one of my fav attractions. I am also annoyed by the fact that it is still the "NEW GLOBAL NEIGHBORHOOD" when it has been the same since Millennium Celebration started over 2 years ago! Grrrr....

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by gcurling
Then, walk through the portal to AT&T's New Global Neighborhood and a whole new way to communicate. Come on, I'll meet you there!

Ever Notice she isn't even there...she makes no announcements or anything. So she wakes everyone up for nothing...NOT VERY NICE!!

monorail256

Originally posted by grizzlyhall

Yep. They really ruined it.

I would have enjoyed a hyped up, more colorful ORIGINAL Walt Disney show...that actually gives you TIME to enjoy...

I'll just have to visit Disneyland's....*sigh*

i like the new under new management show... everytime i go to it.. all the ppl seem to enjoy.. o well... i also like the girl at the end of SE... i think i've got use to her :)

disneyfamily

I don't think the girl at the end of SE is any louder than any other part of the ride. Its just that happens to be the only part of the track that doesn't pop or click. You would think they would spend some money on the ride track instead of putting those stupid monitors at the beginning of the ride. Why don't they put those monitors at the entrance of every ride. We can't have anyone being suprised by something.

DisneyrazZ

The Pocahontas song on the WDW Railroad is EXTREMELY cheesy...they really need to do away with that part!!! hehe...it doesnt match the rest of the ride...

~DisneyrazZ~

TinkerBell9988

I CAN'T stand the Pocahontas thing on the WDW Railroad. I mean, its so stupid. What does she have to do with the Ralroad anyway? No offense, but keep Pocahontas out of the Railroad's way!

I also agree about the girl at the end of SE. "CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!" ahhhh I wanna die. Girl, you just ruined my nice, relaxing ride. :snore:

Yeah, Grizz, we have to go all the way to Cali to see the "original" Tiki room. Oh well, at least I get to ride the Matterhorn while I'm there. :D :lol:

alee4eva

Yeah, Grizz, we have to go all the way to Cali to see the "original" Tiki room. Oh well, at least I get to ride the Matterhorn while I'm there.

No Fair! I've never been to DL so it's been soo many years since I've seen the original Tiki show. And, ive never ridden the madder horn. Jeez Louise, I haven't lived! lol

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by alee4eva

No Fair! I've never been to DL so it's been soo many years since I've seen the original Tiki show. And, ive never ridden the madder horn. Jeez Louise, I haven't lived! lol

That's okay You can come with me. Anyway, Ive only been to DL twice, so I dont have "experience" like some other Californians' have. But when it comes to WDW, get outta my way!

Id love to take you to DL and ride the Matterhorn! Its my all time fave DL attraction....

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

At the end a girl comes on (I don't think shes too little) over the car announcer and invites you to join her in the AT&T Global Network. Her voice though is EXTREMELY LOUD ana ANNOYING!!

B/c they are trying to wake everyone up......of course not me usually at that point I'm dying to go again

Disneynutcase

This is supposed to be a thread about "Cheesy" things at WDW, right? First of all, in my book Iago is not Cheesy. He's annoying. And that's by character design. After all, why else would they get Gilbert Gotfried to do the voice? Cheesy is actually the old Tiki bird show. But that's what also makes it appealing.

I actually saw "Under New Management" for the first time last month and was actually going, "what the...?" when Jose and company started in on the old show schtick, only to be interrupted. Sorry, Griz and other old school fans, I actually cheered and laughed loudly when the old parrots were interrupted.

Helps that Iago is one of my favorite Disney characters of all times. My kids even took a photo of me with the Iago Tiki Room sign. See, kids mean we watch a lot of Disney Channel, which means the Aladdin show has been played a lot. And I have this theory that Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and company do nothing but get themselves in trouble and it always takes a freakin' bird with the help of a monkey and a carpet to save everyone. Watch enough of the shows and you'll see what I mean (note: they added Iago to Al's core of amigos--just in case you're confused).

I agree the Pocahontas thing on the train is cheesy. Helps that I don't like P.C.-ahontas much.

But the cheesiest thing I witnessed is actually the new Tiki Room pre-show with the faux parrot agent argument with Don Rickles and Phil Hartman doing the voices. I know it sets the new theme, but it's a bit over the top.

And I still find the Poacher script thing on Kilimanjaro Safaris to be a bit excessive. Like the train ride, here we are enjoying something that's a bit serene (albiet bouncy) and the concentration on all the animals is broken up by a somewhat hackneyed script. Please don't flame me for my feelings on this. I had a page and a half of it about three weeks ago when I posted my trip report on my visit to AK.

Last, has anyone noticed that Maria's new photo has her looking a lot like the gal who played Councelor Troi on Star Trek Next Generation? Seriously, she should send the shot out as an 8x10 head shot to all of Mexico's premieir Telenovelas--since the thread did go into a Univision/Telemundo side track.

alee4eva

LoL it does look like Troi from TNG.. But in response to your post about the Tiki room, I think the whole "Under new management" was a cheesy way of changing the attraction. I guess some think its cute--I think it's cheesy. To each his own. And you're right about Iago, he's meant to be irritating.

WeirdOne

The cheesiest thing in WDW is Food Rocks.

God, me and my friends wanted to die during that. We went in with hopes, but came out vowing to burn it. I hate it. Were were crawling around the theater screaming and banging on the doors to let us out. It was so cheesy and BAD! - The WeirdOne :D

BSikor

I agree. Food Rocks is the worst. It's lame and cheesy. A great joke for anyone looking for probably the stupidest thing in all of disney.

But when I worked in the Land, you have no idea how many people loved the show. And not just kids! People thought it was funny.

I just like the idea, that it's the only place in Walt Disney World that you can here "Layla".

Just kindda funny.

"What's with all this nutition stuff, huh, salad?"

BSikor

You know what though, Food Rocks is much cooler if your "in the show". One time me and a buddy were walking in the backstage area of the show, we "accidently" got caught on the platform behind the refridgerator, as the "Police", were coming out. We were exposed to the audience, (Good thing there weren't many people there). Just thought it was kindda funny afterwards. I should have started mouthing the words to "We'll be part of you".

"You must conclude....you depend on food."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom