Probably the most cheesy thing in all of WDW!

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
I think the part in the WDW Railroad at the MK where Pocahontas sings that one song (sorry, can't remember the name) should be taken out of the railroad audio, I think it's very cheesy. It is just fine with the Native American audioanimatronics, but the Pocahontas music just kinda ruins the scene. I like that song alot, but I don't think it should be on the railroad anymore. And also, it says "If you listen closely, you might be able to hear Pocahontas singing." or something like that, but it blows right in your ears! I don't really have to listen closely to that! Does anyone think that it should be taken out too? I am really sorry that I am making a big deal about a small little audio clip, I just wanna know if you agree with me. Bye!
-Kevin

figmentmom

I don't like that, either, but I would MOST like to get rid of that annoying girl at the end of Spaceship Earth - her voice is like fingernails down a chalkboard! (We were there just 2 weeks ago, and she was just as LOUD as ever.)

Nifty

Agreed

I will have to agree with you on two things. It IS a trivial thing to complain about, and it IS very cheesy. I could do without it too. Of course it doesn't stop me from riding the railroad any chance I get.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by figmentmom
I don't like that, either, but I would MOST like to get rid of that annoying girl at the end of Spaceship Earth - her voice is like fingernails down a chalkboard! (We were there just 2 weeks ago, and she was just as LOUD as ever.)

That girl should not be on Spaceship Earth. I think half the people on that ride relax (and even fall asleep)...then at the End your ears get BLASTED!!!!!

It's a killer!!

orlandoparks

Every time I ride SE, my sister and I lean foward to avoid that awfull woman screaming in our ear,"MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE". It is so annoying. I agree that they need to get rid of that.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by alee4eva
Which little girl on SE??

At the end a girl comes on (I don't think shes too little) over the car announcer and invites you to join her in the AT&T Global Network. Her voice though is EXTREMELY LOUD ana ANNOYING!!

alee4eva

OMG i know exactly what you're talking about!! LOL the "Little girl" thing threw me off so I thought you meant something I missed. Yess, the whole ride is so relaxing and comfortable and then bam! She invites you to go to the global neighborhood which you have to do anyway to get out of the geosphere. And on top of that.. its a bad exhibit.

Bairstow

Kevin, I'm right there with you on the Pochohontas thing. I can't believe it's still in there. There was one yearly visit to Disney when my sister and I both rode the train a couple times. By the second time we knew what to expect, so we had a bit of fun with audience participation.
I thought the cheesiest bit of the narration was that introduces the song like this, "And if you listen closely, you can still hear her(Pochahontas)" And then the music would start over the speakers, quite loudly and distinctly. So my sister and I would go totally silent after it the narration told us to "listen closely", our heads for a couple seconds as if straining our ears to hear something faint and distant, and then both shout excitedly, "I HEAR HER!!"
There's another bit of the train narration near adventureland where some cheesy african drums play. My sister was a Spanish minor and had begun to watch Telemundo whenever she was in Atlanta, and apparently this drum music sounds just like the themesong to a certain bizzarre Mexican gameshow, so whenever the drums would start out we would sing "Jeva, Jeva, Jeva Telo!, Jeva Jeva, Jeva Telo!, etc." and the words fit perfectly.

One other thing, the boarding announcement is terrifying. "boooooaaaaAAAAAAARD!"

You know, the concept of Jago and Zazu "Highjacking" a ride isn't such a bad idea. I bet you could have some real fun with something similar, say on Pirates of the Caribbean where say, I dunno, Gaston and Lefou took over(Holy Anachronisms Batman!) or maybe have the narration of Spaceship Earth be a back-and-forth british comedic/straight-man fight between Jeremy Irons and Eddy Izzard.

"Like a grand and miraculous spaceshi-"
"Boooo-riiiiing"
"Eddy Izzard?! what the devil are you doing here?"
"I'm looking for a slidshow with a wooly mammoth in it. Wait, there i'tis."

Heck, I dunno. You people figure something out.

Goofette

Originally posted by figmentmom

We were there just a little over a week ago and I didn't remember that. We rode SE 3 times (DD loved it) but I'm going to have to get my video tape out to remember it.

General Grizz

Originally posted by alee4eva
Ugh Iago!! Ruined the whole experience.. and they never even finish the Tikki song!!!

Yep. They really ruined it.

I would have enjoyed a hyped up, more colorful ORIGINAL Walt Disney show...that actually gives you TIME to enjoy...

I'll just have to visit Disneyland's....*sigh*

gcurling

May I have your attention please! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, you are approaching the New Global Neighborhood. Now that you've seen the future, we invite you to experience it yourself. Soon your vehicle doors will open automatically, please gather your belongings and watch your step on the moving platform. Then, walk through the portal to AT&T's New Global Neighborhood and a whole new way to communicate. Come on, I'll meet you there!

Maria

Originally posted by Bairstow
My sister was a Spanish minor and had begun to watch Telemundo whenever she was in Atlanta, and apparently this drum music sounds just like the themesong to a certain bizzarre Mexican gameshow, so whenever the drums would start out we would sing "Jeva, Jeva, Jeva Telo!, Jeva Jeva, Jeva Telo!, etc." and the words fit perfectly.

LOL! :lol: You crack me up! I can´t remember which mexican show that was, but it should be "Llévatelo, llévatelo, llévatelo!" which means "take it, take it, take it!" :lol:
I never thought of writing it with J! I love when people post what they hear in another language... if you could see what I heard in songs in English! :rolleyes: hehehe :D (no offense, please... I´m joking!)

Now you have me thinking of which show that was! :brick:

:lol: :animwink:

Oh! Back to the topic.... I also hate the woman at the end of SE... she is so loud! Ruins the smoothness of the ride... ;)

Bairstow

Here's a description from THIS page:

this channel also carries a really hilarious game show called
something like "Llevatelo". Man, if you think "Wheel of Fortune"
exploited Vanna, you ain't seen nothin' yet, this show was really
full of what I heard a guy once refer to as "eye candy". Yet it was
so nutty and, of course, unintelligible to someone like me who didn't
understand Spanish, I actually watched more then a few minutes of it.
The best parts were the fairly crazy things the contestants would do,
like play a miniature version of soccer with all their feet tied
together, or try to navigate a maze of poles and gather balls held at
the tops of the polls, while blinded and aided by a fellow contestant
giving directions over the phone by watching the show live! Not as
strange as some of those Japanese game shows, but nutty in its own way,
and quite hard to turn off!)

Speaking of bizarre TV to watch while at Walt Disney World, does anyone else know about Florida's favorite used car salesman, the ghastly
Family Man?

Maria

I´ve been :brick: trying to remember a show like that and I don´t recall anything..... I´m gonna ask around though... but if you mentioned that it was Telemundo, most probably it was not a mexican show, it was a "Miami Show", and you know, they have their own different culture there! :rolleyes: :D
:lol: ;)

Bairstow

No, I was mistaken. After looking around on a couple search engines, the show was definitely on Univision, not Telemundo. Hope that helps.

And before you ask, I wasn't able to find any webpages with more information or pictures.

Maria

Originally posted by Bairstow
No, I was mistaken. After looking around on a couple search engines, the show was definitely on Univision, not Telemundo. Hope that helps.

And before you ask, I wasn't able to find any webpages with more information or pictures.

Oh they are the same thing.... ;)
Don´t worry, I was not going to ask for more info... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom