Princess "Run"

bkgrim

Original Poster
My wife wants to run the 2012 Princess 1/2 and would like me to run also. What is Disneys policy about "male princesses" participating in this activity.
I could dress in a wig but this would look strange. I noticed over 700 males ran this year. What do I do? (I would run both the 5k and the 1/2):shrug:

Ariel484

No problem!

My brother and I ran the race this year (proof below :D):

IMG_0177.JPG

I saw a few men dressed as frogs and princes, so you could do that if you really want to dress in a costume. Do keep in mind that the tech shirts that you get as part of your entry fee are women's size/cut (you can see my brother wearing his shirt in the above picture...note the cap sleeves). :lol: He originally ordered a medium shirt and had to exchange for an XL at the expo. I am not completely sure what the situation is with the 5k shirt, but I imagine it would also be women's size/cut.

Really, it's not weird at all for men to participate. No one gave my bro any funny looks or anything, just a bit of good-natured heckling on the course from one of the volunteers when he was taking a walk break.

You should totally do it. It's SO much fun! :sohappy:

dreamfinder

My wife wants to run the 2012 Princess 1/2 and would like me to run also. What is Disneys policy about "male princesses" participating in this activity.
I could dress in a wig but this would look strange. I noticed over 700 males ran this year. What do I do? (I would run both the 5k and the 1/2):shrug:

In my opinion, go whole hog with it. I did both the 5k and 1/2 this past year, and I rocked a kilt. Not a full on dress, but the kilt I can at least reuse, its harder for me to justify buying a princess costume. It is fun, and most of the women could care less that you are there. (And there are plenty of guys at the 5k) As Ariel484 said, the shirts are womens cut, and the goodie bags/vendors are pretty much women stuff only. So they will welcome you with open arms, but won't go out of their way to let you fit in.

enchanted_belle

A group of friends and I are considering going for the 1/2 (it's my birthday weekend)... And, out of the five of us, only two are girls. :lol:

My one friend is thinking of wearing running spandex, or something similar, with a tutu and a tiara for the run. His dad and I have a bet going to see if he'll actually do it :ROFLOL: but that's always soemthing small, yet fun, that you could do?

Danhockey04

I did it in 2011, I did run in a princess dress, and then gave the outfit to my girlfriend. I might be doing it again as a different princess next year, it was fun and no one cared I was there, and they enjoyed that I did dress up. I did see some snow whites on guys, some skirts and tiaras, some frogs, a prince and others in just plain running gear.

bethram

I saw plenty of men running in the half this year. My husband and daughter ran int he 5K and his shirt is a mens cut shirt, although he isn't overly fond of the graphics.

I say go for it and have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom