Princess Elena of Avalor to meet in Fairytale Hall

Castle Cake Apologist

She isn't a Disney Jr princess. She airs on the Disney channel during their normal programming hours. They only show the reruns on Jr.

I think you missed the OP's point. Whether it's Disney Channel or Disney Jr., they are replacing characters from classic animated theatrical films for a character from a TV show. I get it, it is kinda odd to me as well.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think you missed the OP's point. Whether it's Disney Channel or Disney Jr., they are replacing characters from classic animated theatrical films for a character from a TV show. I get it, it is kinda odd to me as well.

I am of the opinion that character rotation is a good thing...no matter where they came from...

the demand is there for Elena at the moment...

oceanbreeze77

I am not sure how I feel about this. So they are kicking out one of the original Princesses for a Disney Jr. Princess to be along side Cinderella. Maybe I am over thinking it.
this is actually an excellent move on disneys part. Elena dresses/ dolls are wiped out over here on the west coast and she is EXTREMELY popular. Creating a meet and greet with her in this environment will attract many guests. Its not like their replacing the classics with Sophia.

tl77

this is actually an excellent move on disneys part. Elena dresses/ dolls are wiped out over here on the west coast and she is EXTREMELY popular. Creating a meet and greet with her in this environment will attract many guests. Its not like their replacing the classics with Sophia.
I was expecting Elena to show up at maybe the Mexico pavilion at Epcot, but the demand for her is just as big on the East coast and Fairytale Hall at MK is set up to handle crowds

I would think moana would do meet and greets on the fronteirland/ adventureland side of the park. Kind of like Pocha at disneyland
I'm guessing Moana will meet with Maui, it seems like kind of a buddy movie staring both of them, and they will probably be in Adventureland... and I'm staring to wonder if maybe the current Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse refurb is going to end up being a Monana re-make over, because that would be a pretty good spot for them

Sped2424

I was expecting Elena to show up at maybe the Mexico pavilion at Epcot, but the demand for her is just as big on the East coast and Fairytale Hall at MK is set up to handle crowds

I'm guessing Moana will meet with Maui, it seems like kind of a buddy movie staring both of them, and they will probably be in Adventureland... and I'm staring to wonder if maybe the current Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse refurb is going to end up being a Monana re-make over, because that would be a pretty good spot for them
No Maui meets are planned at the moment just Moana.

Biff215

Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider Elena any different than Sofia. Whether they're considered Disney Channel or Disney Junior, they were both created for tv shows unlike the other princesses. I was at DHS for Sofia's first day, and there has been plenty of demand for her even till now.

This is not to say Disney cannot place either of them in Fairytale Hall, I just don't consider Elena on that higher level, at least yet. If she never evolves past the show, she will likely fade into the past and never become a "classic" Disney princess.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider Elena any different than Sofia. Whether they're considered Disney Channel or Disney Junior, they were both created for tv shows unlike the other princesses. I was at DHS for Sofia's first day, and there has been plenty of demand for her even till now.

This is not to say Disney cannot place either of them in Fairytale Hall, I just don't consider Elena on that higher level, at least yet. If she never evolves past the show, she will likely fade into the past and never become a "classic" Disney princess.

Just two things. The target age for Elena is supposed to be just above Sofia. And the characters at the parks are totally different. Elena is a face character and Sofia has a silly looking big fake head.

Tavernacle12

Depends on who you ask. I see a lot of bad rumors circulating

Has there been any confirmation of Moana meeting? It seems obvious but I feel like I haven't seen it confirmed officially or unofficially yet. Unless there were already auditions that just weren't publicised on this board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom