Princess Dress Question

lisaf1

Original Poster
I will be going to Disney World in Apr with my DD (5). She a sleeping beauty dress for the trip. Can anybody tell me if the princess dresses in the big store in downtown Disney are the same price as they are in the Disney store website? If they are the same I may just wait and buy the dress there. If they are less expensive on the Disney store website I will but it ahead of time and bring it with me.

Thanks,
Lisa

LoriMistress

I believe they'll be more expensive to purchase the princess dress in the Disney Parks. You may want to purchase them either at Target/Wal-Mart/etc.

MissM

All the princess dresses are $59.95 in the shop on Main Street in MK. I specifically looked for someone on the board a few months ago.

lisaf1

Original Poster
Thanks for your help. I checked WalMart and didn't have anything. Somebody recommended that I try Ebay. I did and found a Sleeping Beauty dress from the disney store for $19.99... I was thrilled... I should have it in about a week...

Lisa

erstwo

I'll say this about the $59.95 dresses from WDW - They last!

We have a $19.99 Cinderella dress from Wal Mart and it is in tatters (how appropriate I know!) but our Ariel seafoam dress from WDW has survived numerous washings and still looks brand new. Even the glitter and sparkles have stayed in place (all the glitter came off of the Wally world one the first time I washed it.)

I also love that the WDW stretches over her head and doesn't have the "velcro gap" in the back like the ones from the big box stores.

When you get your dress from the Disney Store, will you post and tell us how you like it? I'd love to know if the quality is as good as the WDW ones! :wave:

lisaf1

Original Poster
The dress arrived today. It is adorable. The quality looks pretty good. The back is a stretch material so there are no zippers or Velcro closure. The seams look to be made well. I am very happy with the Disney Store sleeping beauty dress. For reference purposes, the original price tag on the dress was $49.50

Lisa

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom