Princess Character Meal

mrtoad

I am thinking about surprising my daughter (and wife) with a character meal when we go to WDW at the end of January. We already booked the Ice Cream Social in Epcot.

My daughter is way into the princesses right now. Is there a meal just with the princesses? If so where is it? Is the meal in the Castle a princess meal?

Does anyone know the cost?

Lastly, my daughter is just 3 about a month ago. She gets fidgety. How long are the meals and does anyone have any experience with a fidgety kid in on the meals?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Dwarful

We did the character breakfast at the castle and the kids loved it (boys didn't mind it either although they wo uldn't admit to loving it, but they were teen boys so you know how that is ;) Anyway, we had 5 kids with us the girls were 7, 5 & 2 1/2. They loved it. There is so much going on that your daughter, fidgity or not should have a great time. Alot of character interaction, lots to see and do. The waitstaff brought out Mickey confetti and that entertained our little one while she was waiting for food or for her turn with the princesses. We did let the girls wear their princess outfits for the breakfast and photos turned out great. we just brought a little bag w/change of clothes and changed them in the upstairs restroom at the castle, before heading out to the park. This made the girls feel special, they love the photos and they weren't in their favorite dresses all day long in the heat. The ressies can be hard to get but I hear there is a princess meal in Norway at Epcot so I would try there as well. its worth it ..just to see their faces when they love the princesses. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply. I was reading the 2004 Unofficial Guide to WDW and they mentioned the one in Norway too. I might do that. I just thought the castle would be neat. I ate there as a child when it was King Stephan's Banquet Hall. It was very detailed and thought them might enjoy it.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

First of all, what dates are we talking about? I hope we are more than 90 days out. If so, call and try for either Princess breakfast. I have done both and thought both were good. Eating in Cinderella's Castle is pretty amazing, but the food in Norway was actually pretty good!!!I had read a bunch of reviews and the Norway one seemed only so-so, but I had a great time and walked out stuffed!! There is also a Princess Dinner over at the Grand Floridian, but I havent done that one to give an opinion. The Character meals were about $24.00 for an adult ( Tax & tp included) and the child's price without tax & tip is $9.99. As I said I enjoyed both. Cinderella is exclusively at her Castle though and is never at Norway. All the other characters are on Rotation. I saw Jasmine, Mary Poppins, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Belle at my breakfast on Monday Dec 7th. As I dont have a child I cant speak to figety kids however most kids are so enthralled they forget to figet!! Good luck and call for this meal as soon as possible, the Castle is harder to get but they are both usually sell outs. The number is 1-407 WDW- DINE Belle

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by wannabeBelle
First of all, what dates are we talking about? I hope we are more than 90 days out. If so, call and try for either Princess breakfast. I have done both and thought both were good. Eating in Cinderella's Castle is pretty amazing, but the food in Norway was actually pretty good!!!I had read a bunch of reviews and the Norway one seemed only so-so, but I had a great time and walked out stuffed!! There is also a Princess Dinner over at the Grand Floridian, but I havent done that one to give an opinion. The Character meals were about $24.00 for an adult ( Tax & tp included) and the child's price without tax & tip is $9.99. As I said I enjoyed both. Cinderella is exclusively at her Castle though and is never at Norway. All the other characters are on Rotation. I saw Jasmine, Mary Poppins, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Belle at my breakfast on Monday Dec 7th. As I dont have a child I cant speak to figety kids however most kids are so enthralled they forget to figet!! Good luck and call for this meal as soon as possible, the Castle is harder to get but they are both usually sell outs. The number is 1-407 WDW- DINE Belle

Unfortunatly it is only at the end of January so I probably can't get it I found out. But I am calling today. If not I have eaten in Ekersus (Spel?) in Norway for dinner and the food was great so that might be an option. And considering Belle has become one of her favorites, that might be a good option.

Thanks,
Mike

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Definitely call TODAY!!!! I Doubt you would be able to get Cinderella's Castle, but definitely try for Restaurant Akershus in Norway. I thought it was really quite nice. As far as Belle, they never guarantee a specific princess will or will not be there, but it is a good shot. Other than that contact someone at Guest Relations, I believe there is a number they can call to find out where a specific character will be on a given day, but I am not sure how far i advance they can do this. Belle

Upvote 0

hadesrules

We went to both Cinderella's Royal Table and Princess Storybook Breakfast in early November. We thought that the CRT was much better as far as food and atmosphere. (of course, it's also the harder one to get!). We saw 5 princesses at each one. Mulan was at Akershus and of course Cinderella was at Cinderella's Royal Table, but Mary Poppins, Belle, Snow White and Aurora were at both. So for us it was kind of a waste to go to both. Of course, that's just us on those particular days, but it is something to consider, because you're looking at a pretty good chunk of money for each one.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Original Poster
Definitely call TODAY!!!! I Doubt you would be able to get Cinderella's Castle, but definitely try for Restaurant Akershus in Norway. I thought it was really quite nice. As far as Belle, they never guarantee a specific princess will or will not be there, but it is a good shot. Other than that contact someone at Guest Relations, I believe there is a number they can call to find out where a specific character will be on a given day, but I am not sure how far i advance they can do this. Belle

Belle,

Thanks,

I did call, no luck on the castle. I will try tomorrow for Akershus. I have eaten there for dinner and it is a very nice place.

I did book a dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern but will try to the the princess meal at Akershus. I did the Liberty Tree becuase it is a place my wife and I eat at every trip but never for the character meal before. Also Minnie is at that one and my daughter is also way into her right now. In fact she went to bed tonigth with two plastic figurine Christmas ornaments in her hands tonight. Minnie in one hand and Mickey in the other.

We will have so much fun on this trip, I can't wait!

Upvote 0

CheshireCatStar

There are three "Princess" meals as already mentioned.

Cinderella's Royal Table- Princesses appear at breakfast only, of course, you may see Cinderella at other times during the day downstairs in the lobby.

The princess breakfast in Norway- Again, a breakfast only option.

1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian- Not too sure if this is dinner only or what, but scheduled(but never guaranteed) to appear are Cinderella, Prince Charming, The Fairy Godmother, and Suzy and Perla (two of Cinderella's mice friends).

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Original Poster
OK, I have a few PS's set up. I set up the CM Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern which has Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Chip or Dale.

But I now also have the Princess Breakfast at Akershus in Norway. My daughter will flip her lid. I just hope that Belle, Sleeping Beauty or Snow White will be there. Those along with Cinderella who is not there are her favorites.

It will be great!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Good job Mr Toad!!! The Liberty Tree is pretty good also!!! I have eaten there a ton of times. Please keep in mind that both meals are an all you can eat format, but served to your table!! If you want more of anything, ask your server and they will get it for you!! The bakery items at the Princess Breakfast are really very good!! Extremely fresh and tasty!!! If you have any other questions, please ask and we will do our best to answer!! Have a great time!! Belle

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Original Poster
Good job Mr Toad!!! The Liberty Tree is pretty good also!!! I have eaten there a ton of times. Please keep in mind that both meals are an all you can eat format, but served to your table!! If you want more of anything, ask your server and they will get it for you!! The bakery items at the Princess Breakfast are really very good!! Extremely fresh and tasty!!! If you have any other questions, please ask and we will do our best to answer!! Have a great time!! Belle

Belle,

Thanks. I am excited about this. I love the Liberty Tree Tavern. My wife and I eat there at least once every trip. And when I was a child, same thing. I have never been for a character meal and never for the family style. We always eat lunch there for a sit down rest your legs in the middle of the day meal.

We have also eaten at Ekershus once on our last trip. It was for dinner for the hot and cold buffet. If you have not done that, it is excellent. We won't be doing that this time. My daughter being 3 will not be into the cold fish and such. It is hard enough getting my wife to eat that stuff. But for me, yummy!

I appreciate your help and advise very much. It will be so different going to WDW with a small child. We have just decided to go with any open mind. If my daughter does not want to do something we will not force the issue. We will miss a lot of rides, but there is always next trip, right? The only thing I will push a little is the Ekershus breakfast because you have your credit card blocked out for it. If you don't show they charge you. But if she hears, princesses - we are in.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Well I can tell you I went once with my niece and my two nephews. The guys were older 11 and 7 but my niece was 4 at the time and let me tell ya, she was a complete trooper!!!! She went on all the rides because she didnt think she was supposed to be scared of them. Well all the rides she was tall enough for at any rate. Bring a stroller to allow her to rest between rides. THAT idea was the best we had going for this!! She actually might be scared of the characters in Liberty Tree, although my niece wasnt. Talk to her about it and let her realize that Goofy is BIG!!!! They arent quite used to that!!
The Princess meal will be awesome though, bring you cameras, video cams and an autograph book for your daughter!! She will love it and even if she gets shy, she can always just hold out her autograph book & the princesses will sign it. Dont miss this one!!! Kisses to your daughter and I hope you have an amazing time!!! Let us know when you get back!!! Belle

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Original Poster
Well I can tell you I went once with my niece and my two nephews. The guys were older 11 and 7 but my niece was 4 at the time and let me tell ya, she was a complete trooper!!!! She went on all the rides because she didnt think she was supposed to be scared of them. Well all the rides she was tall enough for at any rate. Bring a stroller to allow her to rest between rides. THAT idea was the best we had going for this!! She actually might be scared of the characters in Liberty Tree, although my niece wasnt. Talk to her about it and let her realize that Goofy is BIG!!!! They arent quite used to that!!
The Princess meal will be awesome though, bring you cameras, video cams and an autograph book for your daughter!! She will love it and even if she gets shy, she can always just hold out her autograph book & the princesses will sign it. Dont miss this one!!! Kisses to your daughter and I hope you have an amazing time!!! Let us know when you get back!!! Belle

Belle,

I agree about the Liberty Tree. We are going to make sure we do some character interaction first so we know if she can handle it. Fingers crossed.

I will let you know how everything goes.

Thanks again,
Mike

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom