Princess and Pirate Firework tech rehearsal dates

mom2of2

I certainly heard it the other night. It was long too. Started around 11:20 and went until almost 11:40. I couldn't figure out what it was until I saw it posted here.

mickey04

There was (as far as I know) last minute Cast preview of the new fireworks and parade tonight. The parade was decent, with a few new floats. The fireworks however, were beyond words. Absolutely AMAZING. Perimeters, off the castle, the whole shabang. By far some of the best fireworks I've seen at WDW! :D

bob0012

There was (as far as I know) last minute Cast preview of the new fireworks and parade tonight. The parade was decent, with a few new floats. The fireworks however, were beyond words. Absolutely AMAZING. Perimeters, off the castle, the whole shabang. By far some of the best fireworks I've seen at WDW! :D

Great, now they're going to make us all pay again to get it and see diffrent fireworks! :D

Dr Albert Falls

I saw them last night (Saturday) from behind MK.

These are easily be the BEST fireworks ever.

The perimeter fireworks are used constantly throughout the entire show-- not just for short bursts like at Halloween or Christmas.

One of the highlights will certainly be the skull faces surrounding the MK. I'm guessing there were at least 8-12 stretching all around the park.

There were also several awesome new shells I've never seen at WDW before.

ISTCrew20

I really liked them too. The 'Part of your World' sequence is beautiful, but that lasts only so long before Captain Hook bursts in and the Pirates Movies score starts playing. Skulls and Crossbones appear on the castle and then it is an all out high seas battle, with the fireworks from the roofs of Fantasyland 'bombing' the castle.

The show was about 12-15 minutes. The first few minutes are alot like the 'This Is Love' sequence from regular wishes, but then it gets pretty good.

The parade was great too. Much more than I was expecting. The Music is very 'Spectro-ish" (and at one point, sounds like "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory). The blacklit Pirates were very neat, and of course, Tinkerbell was riding high on a HUGE treasure chest float. Not surprisingly, the castle float is used again in this parade, but they re-do it for the event, and it looks very nice.

And the thing that thrilled me the most the entire night...Fantilusion is used in the Main Street Area Loop for the event.:D

goof29

Omg

The fireworks were SPECTACULAR to say the least. In the beginning I thought "okay this is cute" but then the pirate sequence started and my jaw hit the ground. BREATHTAKING the way the perimeter fireworks were integrated so well into the program.

And my favorite part was how Tink emerges out of nowhere! OMG I hope everyone here gets to see it. I was jumping up and down and screaming through most of it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CrashNet

Drooling for a good video... :D
This one may be tough to come by until its officially unveiled for park guests next week. CMs were explicitly told not to take pictures or film it (not that that would have stopped them). The first one is tomorrow though, so I would imagine next week you'll see a video. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This one may be tough to come by until its officially unveiled for park guests next week. CMs were explicitly told not to take pictures or film it (not that that would have stopped them). The first one is tomorrow though, so I would imagine next week you'll see a video. :)
Thanks for that. I`m hearing nothing but good things about this show, and being 3000 miles away I can`t exactly pop round to see it :(

mickey04

Not only that, they had people literally stepping into your pictures to stop you. I'd be surprised if anyone managed to video tape the whole thing.

goof29

Mickey04 was that not the most fun you've ever had at a rehearsal? It was like a big awesome block party. I had so much fun!

And yes, I saw dozens of people trying to discreetly and not-so-discreetly film parts of the evening. I'd be surprised if any footage gets out before tomorrow.

mickey04

Mickey04 was that not the most fun you've ever had at a rehearsal? It was like a big awesome block party. I had so much fun!

And yes, I saw dozens of people trying to discreetly and not-so-discreetly film parts of the evening. I'd be surprised if any footage gets out before tomorrow.

The hour they kept us standing outside of Cosmic Rays left something to be desired, but once we got onto Main Street, it was a great time. I missed the Halloween and Christmas party previews, so it was a whole new experience for me.

And I still can't get over the fireworks.

missionspace

Wow sounds great!
To bad most of us won't get to see it unless they have more nights throught the year! I hope they extend the P&P till the fall!

ToTBellHop

Wow sounds great!
To bad most of us won't get to see it unless they have more nights throught the year! I hope they extend the P&P till the fall!
They can't really do that b/c they would need to cut back on regular park hours...that's why they use these parties during traditionally slow periods to drive up profits. People might not be very pleased if the Magic Kingdom had to close at 6:30 pm some evenings in July...........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom