Pre-Trip Prince Charming's 1st Trip! June 2017

Helloooooooooooooooo humans! :p
b4255e10f60fc8cc0f664ca8904d629e.jpg

After what seems like FOREVER, it's finally getting to the point in my countdown that I can start my PTR! For those of you who don't know me, you can check out my past TR's here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-take-on-disney.914554/

Here we go! :D

Who: I'm Brittany, 24 years old, hardcore Disney diva. I'm the planner, organizer, ADR guru, and FP+ booker. This will be my 9th trip to WDW and the excitement is just as real as it's ever been. :joyfull: I will be accompanied on this trip by my Prince Charming, Dylan. He's 25 years old and has NEVER been to Disney! What is this madness!? He's excited to experience what my life revolves around, but I think that most of that excitement is just to appease me. :rolleyes: I'm sooooo excited to show him what Disney is all about and *cough* convert him *cough*. ;)

We've known each other for years as we grew up just a few towns away from one another. When we were in 9th grade, we messaged back and forth on MySpace (lol) and actually made plans to meet up at a basketball game to hangout. He ended up DITCHING ME! My little teenage heart was broken. :p Fast forward a few years and we ended up going to the same college and crossed paths often. I worked in the campus bookstore and waited on him multiple times, while he worked at a sub shop and made me lunch a time or two. It's funny to look back now and hear each other's "sides of the story" about our interactions. :) Anyway, we reconnected a couple of years ago, finally went on our first date, and the rest is history. Now we're a happy little family. :inlove: We'll have been together for about 2 years at the time of our trip.
image1.JPG

Dylan is extremely laid back and "go with the flow," while I tend to get stressed easily and can be a little high strung. :angelic: I'm sure that we'll get into a few tiffs because WE CANNOT CHANGE THESE PLANS I SLAVED OVER FOR A YEAR and he'll remind me that yes, we can. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney with a first timer, so I'm going to try really hard to always keep that in mind and SLOW DOWN so he can take everything in. I'm headstrong and obviously have certain things at Disney that I can't miss and things that I don't make time for.. So that alone is going to be a challenge lol. He is my perfect complement and will make me appreciate Disney in ways I never have before. Did I mention that I can't wait!? :D

When: June 6th - June 13th, 2017

How: I'm not sure yet.. It depends on where I can find the cheapest flight. We typically fly Spirit out of Latrobe, however their prices haven't been as reasonable as they once were. I flew Southwest to a conference this summer and the prices weren't bad. Plus, I love the option of taking TWO suitcases for "free." :rolleyes: So we may end up flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh instead. That will also impact what time we arrive which could leave opportunity to visit DS on our arrival day, which I've never done before! The Spirit flight always arrives late at night, but Southwest may give us some other options.

Where: All Star Sports; Every year I consider staying at a moderate or AOA, but I just don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost. I asked Dylan which of the All Star resorts he wanted to stay at and he thought Sports looked awesome! It's where I stayed last year, but I actually loved it there so don't mind staying again! :)

Other: We have PhotoPass/Memory Maker.. I'm still not sure what the proper thing to call it is lol. I've gotten it on my last two trips and it's SO WORTH IT. We're also on the Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, and 3 SC per day). I tried it for the first time last year and loved it. I don't feel guilty about getting what I want, regardless of price, it makes it easier to budget for my meals since it's included in our package price, and DESSERT. :p

So there you have it! This is my most anticipated trip yet and the next 180 days are (hopefully) going to fly! Back to you soon with our ADR's! :hungry:

LisaBelle

Honestly, I was really disappointed with the Beast's look prior to seeing the movie but once I saw it.. HOLY MAN. :inlove: He's dreamy! Lol

So funny that you said that, I said almost exactly the same thing to my daughter after the movie. I still think the horns were a bit much, but noticed them way less as the movie progressed.

GUYS.... I GOT A JOB!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

And if you think THAT'S great... It's in Osceola County which means DISNEY WILL BE LITERALLY IN MY BACKYARD!!!!! :D:D:D:D

But wait.. THERE'S MORE! The district wanted to secure my employment so badly that I was able to get them to offer Dylan a job as well! The recruitment team was fantastic and spent so much time with us. They're working to place us in buildings that are close to one another so that we can find a place to live that doesn't require a long commute for either of us. I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

On another note... @prfctlyximprct @Doc Disney I had a dream last night that the three of us were eating at Be Our Guest and you were secretly working to help Dylan propose to me in the restaurant. It was absolutely perfect! :inlove: So if you guys could actually make that happen in June I'd be extremely appreciative. ;):p

This is awesome news!!! :joyfull: Brittany, I am so excited for you and Dylan!!! :happy: Congratulations :inlove:
Your new district sounds amazing! So great of them to offer Dylan a position AND work to put you in buildings that are in close proximity to limit your commutes!! WOW! Did you have to go to Florida to interview or did you do a phone/video interview?

Sending pixie dust that @prfctlyximprct and @Doc Disney are able to help Dylan propose at BOG in June :)!

Can't wait to come and visit you in Florida!!! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
That is soooo awesome. How freaking exciting!!!! You must have some insane skills for them wanting you so badly. Congrats!!!

Thank you!! :) I still can't believe how lucky we are!

So funny that you said that, I said almost exactly the same thing to my daughter after the movie. I still think the horns were a bit much, but noticed them way less as the movie progressed.

This is awesome news!!! :joyfull: Brittany, I am so excited for you and Dylan!!! :happy: Congratulations :inlove:
Your new district sounds amazing! So great of them to offer Dylan a position AND work to put you in buildings that are in close proximity to limit your commutes!! WOW! Did you have to go to Florida to interview or did you do a phone/video interview?

Sending pixie dust that @prfctlyximprct and @Doc Disney are able to help Dylan propose at BOG in June :)!

Can't wait to come and visit you in Florida!!! :joyfull:

I think that we all fell under the same spell that Belle did.. the more we grow to love the Beast, the less we notice his physical features. :inlove: Thank you so much! A district that is so understanding is surely going to be fantastic to work for! I can't wait to get my placement and find out exactly what I'll be teaching. :) There is a huge education job fair (PERC) that takes place in Pittsburgh each year. Schools from all over the country come seeking PA teachers, which is awesome! I interviewed with a principal and recruiter there on Wednesday and they offered me the job. :D I'm not sure if we'll have to go to Florida to do final interviews or anything (that varies by district), but we do have the option to visit our schools while we're there in June if needed.

I can't wait for all of my visitors!!! :joyfull:

I just got goosebumps reading this! It's fate!!! I am so excited for you! Congratulations!!! And who knows what @Doc Disney and I have up our sleeves ;)

I KNOW!!! Thank you! It's so crazy how perfectly things are falling into place. Somebody sure is throwing pixie dust our way. :) I'm putting my faith in you girls to keep Dylan on track for a June proposal. :p

MomofPrincessGrace

My daughters are convinced that they auto tuned her throughout the movie
They totally auto-tuned her singing voice. If you listen closely, you can hear certain parts that sound totally auto-tuned. Not complaining though, auto-tuned Emma Watson is probably much better than non auto-tuned Emma Watson. I just wish she didn't have her British accent. Maurice doesn't speak with an accent, and they don't have British accents in Paris, so where did the accent come from?... I will definitely be buying it on DVD, it was so much better than I thought it would be.

gdisneyfans

And if you think THAT'S great... It's in Osceola County which means DISNEY WILL BE LITERALLY IN MY BACKYARD!!!!! :D:D:D:D

But wait.. THERE'S MORE! The district wanted to secure my employment so badly that I was able to get them to offer Dylan a job as well! The recruitment team was fantastic and spent so much time with us. They're working to place us in buildings that are close to one another so that we can find a place to live that doesn't require a long commute for either of us. I FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

On another note... @prfctlyximprct @Doc Disney I had a dream last night that the three of us were eating at Be Our Guest and you were secretly working to help Dylan propose to me in the restaurant. It was absolutely perfect! :inlove: So if you guys could actually make that happen in June I'd be extremely appreciative. ;):p
Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! That is awesome news and how great for Dylan to get a job too. Wow, that is a huge stress reliever knowing you have a job prior to moving. And if you are dreaming, don't wake up - ha!

MerMom1981

Well done! I want those for my next birthday!!
My daughter, my sister and I are going to see the movie on Thursday. I can't wait! So happy that everyone has been so positive about it. I don't love the look of the Beast, though.

Awe, thanks!
If a WDW Magic Chicago meet-up ever happens, there'll be Master's Cupcakes for all!

I didn't love the horns on Beast, but I was impressed by how expressive his face was.

Last edited:

MerMom1981

That's fantastic news!
What an exciting time for you both!
Before long, I'm sure you'll have even more exciting news to share! ;)

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I think that we all fell under the same spell that Belle did.. the more we grow to love the Beast, the less we notice his physical features. :inlove: Thank you so much! A district that is so understanding is surely going to be fantastic to work for! I can't wait to get my placement and find out exactly what I'll be teaching. :) There is a huge education job fair (PERC) that takes place in Pittsburgh each year. Schools from all over the country come seeking PA teachers, which is awesome! I interviewed with a principal and recruiter there on Wednesday and they offered me the job. :D I'm not sure if we'll have to go to Florida to do final interviews or anything (that varies by district), but we do have the option to visit our schools while we're there in June if needed.

I need to convince my wife to transfer to a Florida school. I mention this to her every time it snows in PA, or when we get those really cold days!!

Doc Disney

I don't know how I missed this!!!!!! I'm so so so excited for you !!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Ah I used to never think I would want to live in Florida but when I was there a few weeks ago (even though it was cold) I just really felt like Florida was home. But, alas, Buffalo will remain my home for awhile longer at least. Also, I can totally picture you and @prfctlyximprct and I eating some French Onion soup plotting out an engagement :)

LisaBelle

Awe, thanks!
If a WDW Magic Chicago meet-up ever happens, they'll be Master's Cupcakes for all!

I didn't love the horns on Beast, but I was impressed by how expressive his face was.
Mmmm, Master's Cupcakes would definitely be worth the trip ;).
I agree about the Beast's face being very expressive. I found that the horns became less noticeable as the movie progressed.

blreinsel

Original Poster
That's fantastic news!
What an exciting time for you both!
Before long, I'm sure you'll have even more exciting news to share! ;)

Thank you! We're definitely excited. :) All of my fingers and toes are crossed for more good news to share in the near future. ;):inlove:

I need to convince my wife to transfer to a Florida school. I mention this to her every time it snows in PA, or when we get those really cold days!!

I'm from an extremely small area so I might be a little blind going into things but it just seems like Florida is up and coming in terms of education. It was encouraging to hear all of the amazing things that districts there are doing, most notably all of the new buildings that are going up! Around here, buildings are just being closed. :( I'll miss the delays but the beautiful year round weather will make up for that, I think. ;)

I don't know how I missed this!!!!!! I'm so so so excited for you !!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Ah I used to never think I would want to live in Florida but when I was there a few weeks ago (even though it was cold) I just really felt like Florida was home. But, alas, Buffalo will remain my home for awhile longer at least. Also, I can totally picture you and @prfctlyximprct and I eating some French Onion soup plotting out an engagement :)

Thank you!!! :D Maybe one day Florida will become home for you, too. ;) I've been saying for around 7 years that I wanted to move to Florida.. Good things take time!

Oh my gosh.. BOG French Onion Soup and planning an engagement with people who UNDERSTAND me!? :inlove: *Starts searching for ADR's immediately.* :rolleyes: Book those plane tickets girls! @prfctlyximprct

blreinsel

Original Poster
Those of you who have been to WDW lately... What time can we make FP+'s now?? I feel like it keeps changing!

blreinsel

Original Poster
It rolled over a few minutes before 7 this morning for me. Had plenty of time choices for the Pandora rides and Frozen. Good luck getting what you want!

I'll start trying a little before 7 then. :) That's so good to hear! Pandora and Frozen are the ones I'm most worried about!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How awesome is that! Remember, if you find a place with a spare room, we'll be happy to come to visit. lol

Thank you! :D Dylan can't understand why I keep showing him apartments with TWO bedrooms.. WDW Magic friends are why. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom