Prince Caspian

joanna71985

Original Poster
I saw Prince Caspian at midnight. All I can say is WOW!! It was really good. I won't give anything away, but it is very well done overall. And the 5 kids were great.

catinthehat

I'm so happy that opening day is finally here! I feel like I've been waiting so long to see it :)

In honor of the film, here's a new featurette that I found today - it's about the creatures of Narnia. They look amazing - the special effects have really really improved from the first one.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eozBeBY1DI

imagineer boy

Okay, I just got back! It was great. Here's my review:

What was good:

All the cast is great. All four returning kids are back in full form and the guy who played Caspian was really good too.

It was a visually more beautiful film than the first one. The Telamarines castle sets were very well done with extravigant furniture and spanish architecture. The on-location scenes were very beautiful as well.

The SFX were a HUGE improvement over the last film. The last film had some great effects, but some iffy ones here and there. All the CGI was completely flawless. The CGI talking animals were far more realistic looking and believable. The best effect was the water spirit at the end that would give the water horses from LOTR a run for their money.

Both battle scenes were terriffic. The attack on the castle was exciting, and the final battle was really epic.

What was bad:

I was VERY dissapointed with the music. The score for the last film was magnificient, but the new one was just more of the same. Hardly anything new at all. Plus I didn't like the cheesy song that played at the end.

Unfortunately the pacing hasn't improved much since the last film. There were some scenes that were slower than they needed to be, and some scenes were clearly filler. The film is also simply too long.

I was also dissapointed by the lack of Aslan. He's hardly in the film at all. And I would've liked to see the professor character developed more.

Other than that, its a great sequal. I definately reccomend it if you liked the last film.

Grade: B

ms7479a

Just saw the movie and I thought it was awesome. It definitely lived up to the high standard set by the first film. While there was alot more action and epic battle sequences than in the first film, the movie did not lose any of the magic and charm found in the first Narnia movie. I agree that the digital effects were awesome and the acting was great. I especially though that Reepicheep (voiced by Eddie Izzard) stole the show. I was impressed that the movie managed to stay fairly close to the book (although it did expand upon the battle scenes). I agree with the previous comment about the score, which was basically just the same as the first movie. As for the lack of Aslan, that basically goes along with the role that he played in the book. Personally, I can't wait for the third movie and really hope they eventually make all seven books into movies.

lilo091701

Great!!!

I went with my daughter (6) and husband. My daughter and I LOVED IT!!!! My husband soso:brick:. My daughter and I cried when we saw Aslan the first time and also at the end!! My daughter loved it so much that she woke up this morning and told me she had some really good dreams about Narnia:). She made me promise that we would buy it when it came on DVD!!!!

A MUST SEE!!!!!

haveyoumetmark

What Disney trailers played before Caspian? I'm surprised there hasn't been a Bolt trailer yet.

There was a hysterical Chihuahua one, I couldn't believe they were serious.

The movie was incredibly epic. LOVED every minute of it, I definitely want to go see it again. The parts were cast so well, and the badger was adorable. The SFX were top tier, especially the water spirit. I was just in awe. Going to see it again for sure. The landscapes were beautiful too, from Poland to New Zealand, all I have to say is wow.

Dreamstuff

OMG I NEED to go see Caspian, I've read each of these books about a thousand times, and though they made Prince Caspian a bit to old in the movies I don't care...I think i'm going to go sell my kidney right now so I can buy a movie ticket.

New2WDW

Saw the movie last night with my Wife and two daughters (7,11) and we all loved it. It does say BASED OF THE BOOK at the beginning because they do expand upon it alot! I reread the book a couple of weeks ago and the majority of the book is the children getting to the others while in the film that part luckily only lasted a short time. Usually people say the book is way better than the movie, but with Prince Caspian I would say the opposite.

Side note: I heard on the news that while Prince Caspian came in Number one this weekend it did not meet expectations at the box office. I know that there were a lot of graduation events going on this past weekend and that may have cut down on some crowds. :shrug:

MousDad

Our local newscast (radio) actually commented that Caspian was much more dark and violent than the first film, and they went on to say that it is not for small children.

How do those of you who have seen it feel about that, say for the 5-8 year range?

lilo091701

My 6 year old loved it!!

Our local newscast (radio) actually commented that Caspian was much more dark and violent than the first film, and they went on to say that it is not for small children.

How do those of you who have seen it feel about that, say for the 5-8 year range?

There are alot of battle scenes but hardly any blood!!! My daughter wants to go back and watch it again!!!!

joanna71985

Original Poster

Prince Caspian is darker then LWW, but it is not gory at all. I took my 2 brothers (7 and 10) to see it, and they absolutely loved it!!

lilo091701

There was a hysterical Chihuahua one, I couldn't believe they were serious.

The movie was incredibly epic. LOVED every minute of it, I definitely want to go see it again. The parts were cast so well, and the badger was adorable. The SFX were top tier, especially the water spirit. I was just in awe. Going to see it again for sure. The landscapes were beautiful too, from Poland to New Zealand, all I have to say is wow.

YES!!!!!!! My daughter and I both looked at each other and just busted out:lol::lol:. When my husband returned from getting popcorn he di not beleave us about the Chihuahua's!!!!!!!:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom