primeval whirl!!!

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Tonight I rode Primeval Whirl for the first time. It was GREAT!!!!! (and this is coming from a non-coaster person) I was in a car with one of the engineers that designed and built the ride. He was very nice and gave me some information on the ride. (speed, drop height...) Here is some important information. (pictures to come tomorrow)

Maximum Speed: 35 mph on the largest drop
Largest Drop: 42 feet
Drops: 2 large drops, several "bunny hops"
Track Layout: Wild Mouse, twin tracks with separate loading stations
Vehicles: single car, 4 passengers per car; some cars are free spinning while others constantly face forward
Safety restraints: 2 lap bars, 2 passengers per lap bar
Fastpass: yes

kal1484

That sounds really cool, and I don't like coasters. I know it was mentioned in another forum, but when does it open fully? I will be there from the 29 of march till april 7th or 8th....will I get to ride it?

sillyspook13

Original Poster
How intense?- pretty bouncy if you are in a spinning car. My car didn't start spinning until about half through the ride, so I could really tell the difference.

Can you choose?- I guess you could ask the ride operator at the loading station... I'll have to check on this.

What does the queue look like?- I'll post plenty of pictures later today!

How did I get to ride it?- Last night there was a cast member appreciation party. (I went as a guest with my sister who works at Animal Kingdom) Primeval Whirl was opened for this event.

That sounds cool and I don't like coasters.- As I mentioned before, I'm not a coaster person. I'm terrified of heights. (this evolved from severe motion sickness I had as a child) The drops, which I expected to give me a headache, didn't affect me at all.

When does it open fully?- Soft opening is today, official opening is March 31. (well ahead of schedule!!!)

I hope this covers everything!!!!
I have about 30 or so pictures from the past 2 days to post.

ToTBellHop

That sounds like disney did this coaster right! You make it sound like it's not too intense, and I like how you never know exactly when your car will spin. They should reserve the cars that don't spin for people with motion sickness...I know my mom said she wouldn't ride if it spun too much, so I think she might like the non-spinning cars better. Please post the pictures soon...we are all quite eager to see them!

TURKEY

Early Opening

From the March 7 issue of Eyes & Ears, the cast newspaper.

"Primeval Whirl, an new 'Crazy Mouse' style roller coaster that represents the final phase of Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama at Disney's Animal Kingdom, is set to debut ahead of schedule on March 31."

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Originally posted by Alberrisford
what else is in the "dino-rama" area?
Triceratop Spin (a Dumbo style ride, though more like Magic Carpets of Aladdin with 4 people per dino) and midway games themed to relate to dinosaurs

Invero

Just so y'all know... it hasn't opened yet... I happened to be at DAK today, and the cast members said that they don't have any info on a CM Preview or soft opening... but that it will open on the 31st.

Attachments

• dcp01995.jpg
    dcp01995.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 179

WeirdOne

Premevil Whirl looks awesome. Fantasia Boi, please post more pictures. sillyspook13's were great, and now yours would also add to the ever growing collection of pics. Your are awesome pics too. So, the spinning is a random thing, some spin, some not, and some maybe. I'm confused there.

- The WeirdOne :D

ToTBellHop

They need to have a way to control whether or not they spin...just a switch...the randomness of when it spins is good, but some people don't want the spin, and others would be ticked after waiting an hour for it not to spin...

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyWorld30th
Where is the second track? I keep seeing pictures of only one track!
The two tracks are identical. I posted picturesof both tracks, but it's hard to tell them apart.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom