News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

Animaniac93-98

Am I correct to assume you have not been on GoTG?

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

There was backlash to the idea of GotG going into EPCOT. There were objections to the giant show building built to house the ride itself.

Those have now been dismissed/forgotten because the ride is considered enjoyable by most.

I suspect Zootopia at AK [if true] to have a similar reaction/outcome.

pdude81

While I like Zootopia, I really don't want it replacing Dinosaur.
To be fair, they have a train that could easily take you to an empty area of the park where there is plenty of space for expansion if they added another stop (or made you walk far in another direction from the existing one). However, I still think it would be dumb to add a land themed to an old movie that nobody particularly cares about and doesn't fit the park. I also think if they added it they'd use that as a reason to get new train cars and pretend that's a additional ride.

Brer Panther

To be fair, they have a train that could easily take you to an empty area of the park where there is plenty of space for expansion if they added another stop (or made you walk far in another direction from the existing one).
Does anybody really give a rat's tail about Rafiki's Planet Watch? Surely there's a way we turn that into a new land without getting rid of all the backstage/animal care parts.

UNCgolf

To be fair, they have a train that could easily take you to an empty area of the park where there is plenty of space for expansion if they added another stop (or made you walk far in another direction from the existing one). However, I still think it would be dumb to add a land themed to an old movie that nobody particularly cares about and doesn't fit the park. I also think if they added it they'd use that as a reason to get new train cars and pretend that's a additional ride.

I said it above (or maybe in another thread) but I don't think that's feasible. That train just can't move enough people to accommodate travel to/from a major expansion -- I believe they seat 250 people. Even if you tripled the size to get it up to 750, that still doesn't feel like enough (and I'm not sure the engines could handle that).

pdude81

I said it above (or maybe in another thread) but I don't think that's feasible. That train just can't move enough people to accommodate travel to/from a major expansion -- I believe they seat 250 people. Even if you tripled the size to get it up to 750, that still doesn't feel like enough (and I'm not sure the engines could handle that).
That's a good point but it couldn't be the only way to move people. There would have to be a walking path for mass crowds and a safe second entrance/exist. It could even be a bypass right past the RPW train station as just across conservation way from there is the unused area.

Honestly if it were to be an IP based land I think the least problematic would be Kashyyyk. It has strong conservation stories and allows for some of the older characters to be present, even if some have had enough with Star Wars.

pdude81

Does anybody really give a rat's tail about Rafiki's Planet Watch? Surely there's a way we turn that into a new land without getting rid of all the backstage/animal care parts.
I do actually care about RPW. Before the initial closure it was one of our favorite places to visit, and get some different character greets. After the reopening the goats were much more reserved around the guests and almost running away from us. Far from the before times when they would have odd relationships with peoples' canes.

The drawing thing is cool but a bad fit there. I wish that were back in DHS.

pdude81

Also IIRC they have more space for animal medical checks and surgeries there. If they closed it (to us) I expect it would just be a backstage area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom