News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

nickys

Premium Member
??? It has the highest domestic box office of any film in 2021. If it is "weak", then wouldn't you say that about all films nowadays? Worldwide isn't as exciting, but it isn't being released in China which would dramatically affect those numbers.
And movie theatres didn’t reopen in much of Europe until the Summer anyway. So any movie released in 2021 will be weak in comparison to any other movie in history.

Jambo Dad

:bored: You lost me right there. You sure about that? Number one movie in almost 2 years.
I would say weak, its potential is not tested and it’s well south of preCovid marvel. i do not think it’s got much legs and I certainly dont think that franchise would be a gamechanger as a ride. but my major thrust is not to put it in Animal Kingdom, nor the other Disney ip’s mentioned. None of them make sense in ak. Hollywood? Knock yourself out.

Last edited:

DC0703

I would say weak, its potential is not tested and it’s well south of preCovid marvel. i do not think it’s got much legs and I certainly dont think that franchise would be a gamechanger as a ride. but my major thrust is not to put it in Animal Kingdom, nor the other Disney ip’s mentioned. None of them make sense in ak. Hollywood? Knock yourself out.

Everything is well south of box office pre-COVID. It actually did remarkably well as a pandemic-era movie, especially considering that it released near the peak of the delta variant spread.

MagicHappens1971

Shang chi did weak box office - wouldn’t be a good idea or fit. I do like the suggestion of something for Dr. Strange and Wong related to the multiverse of madness at Hollywood. That character not off limits?
Shang-Chi did pretty well… however Doctor Strange is not off limits, and I don’t believe Shang-Chi is either

GustoGummi

The top three domestic films of 2021 are all Marvel films. MCU fare on Disney+ consistently are among the highest watched shows on any streaming service. If the MCU is “dying”, the entire entertainment industry is failing.
Literally none of their films made a cultural impact this year. Their biggest success was WandaVision, everything since then has failed spectacularly. Anyone who argues this claim is in denialtown.

UNCgolf

Literally none of their films made a cultural impact this year. Their biggest success was WandaVision, everything since then has failed spectacularly. Anyone who argues this claim is in denialtown.

Well Loki definitely didn't fail. They immediately announced a second season, which tells you it was a success.

It was also better than WandaVision IMO.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom