News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

doctornick

Yeah, Disney has a history of letting anything closed just sit there until they're ready to put in a replacement.

Right, so since they are tearing down PW, it begs of the question as to if something new is going in. I mean, it was sitting there closed for a while without being removed so what changed?

TrippedUp

But the same could be said about Primeval Whirl. Why close that down unless replacement was imminent? It wasn’t hurting anything by being open
It was literally hurting people. Guest satisfaction was low. Sometimes you do addition by subtraction. I have no basis for this but part of me still thinks they'll replace it with another off the shelf attraction and thats why they're moving so fast, with a theming company doing the demo.

nickys

Premium Member
But the same could be said about Primeval Whirl. Why close that down unless replacement was imminent? It wasn’t hurting anything by being open
Do we actually know the real reason for it being closed permanently?

Was it to do with needing better restraints that turned out to be too costly? Did the engineers decide it needed far more maintenance than they realised? We’re the regular maintenance costs too high? Or something else entirely?

@MansionButler84, @Magic Feather?

ImperfectPixie

Was it to do with needing better restraints that turned out to be too costly? Did the engineers decide it needed far more maintenance than they realised? We’re the regular maintenance costs too high? Or something else entirely?

I could swear I remember reading someone got injured while working on the attraction, and then more safety fences were added or something?

DisneyDean97

Eh, I get why people on here want a family-friendly dark ride to replace Primeval Whirl, but I feel like Animal Kingdom needs another outdoor ride, or at least a majority outdoor ride. Other than Everest, Kali and Kilimanjaro, what other outdoor ride do they have? For being "nature park" so to speak, why have so many indoor attractions. I would love to see an outdoor coaster, personally

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Eh, I get why people on here want a family-friendly dark ride to replace Primeval Whirl, but I feel like Animal Kingdom needs another outdoor ride, or at least a majority outdoor ride. Other than Everest, Kali and Kilimanjaro, what other outdoor ride do they have? For being "nature park" so to speak, why have so many indoor attractions. I would love to see an outdoor coaster, personally
I mean, they literally have nature trails, and I'd argue the queue for It's Tough to Be a Bug is almost an attraction in and of itself.

I'll be real... I go to Disney as opposed to typical amusement parks because a majority of their stuff is inside. lol

PaulZ

IIRC the company that supplied replacement parts or whatever went out of business. So maybe whatever they needed they couldn’t get?

I hated the ride so it’s no loss to me it’s gone. I also get why they need to remove it even if nothing else going there is imminent. It’s one thing to fence off an area near a resort like River Country was and do nothing with it for years. No one should be there. It’s another to do it in a theme park where there’s a lot of foot traffic walking by a structure that can fall into disrepair over time.

doctornick

I mean, they literally have nature trails, and I'd argue the queue for It's Tough to Be a Bug is almost an attraction in and of itself.

I'll be real... I go to Disney as opposed to typical amusement parks because a majority of their stuff is inside. lol
Also most of the indoor rides are set up so that they take place outdoors (eg both Pandora ride, Dinosaur) so they are still presenting you the outside natural world - just in a comfortable climate controlled setting.

I’m sorry but the idea that DAK “needs” more outdoor stuff seems laughable to me.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Also most of the indoor rides are set up so that they take place outdoors (eg both Pandora ride, Dinosaur) so they are still presenting you the outside natural world - just in a comfortable climate controlled setting.
That’s actually quite an interesting point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom