News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

mikejs78

Premium Member
First, I think most people would agree that Disneyland Park is better than Magic Kingdom in pretty much every way.

I don't think that's true. There are many things in MK that I think are better than DL. There are many things in DL that are better than what is in MK.

Some things better in MK (IMO)
* The view down Main Street with Cinderella Castle.
* Tomorrowland (in general)
* The People mover
* The emphasis on classic Walt attractions that aren't in DL anymore - CoP, Country Bears
* Splash Mountain
* Jungle Cruise
* TSI
* Fireworks

So yeah, DL has a much better Pirates, more rides, etc. But I'd say MK has a lot to offer as well...

Last edited:

BubbaisSleep

First, I think most people would agree that Disneyland Park is better than Magic Kingdom in pretty much every way.
I have to agree.
It's crazy how DL is my favorite theme park on this planet and MK is probably one of my least favorite out there. I visit the other three parks & IOA way more. MK does have some great things to see though, but it usually doesn’t take me very long to see those things (Peoplemover, the fort on TSI…)

Last edited:

pdude81

I don't think that's true. There are many things in MK that I think are better than DL. There are many things in DL that are better than what is in MK.

* The People mover
* The emphasis on classic Walt attractions that aren't in DL anymore - CoP, Country Bears
* Splash Mountain
* Jungle Cruise
* TSI
* Fireworks

So yeah, DL has a much better Pirates, more rides, etc. But I'd say MK has a lot to offer as well...
And I catch hate for this but I think Small World (the ride, not the building) is much better at WDW.

Definitely more things at DL that are better in a straight up comparison, but it's not a landslide victory

cranbiz

I enjoy both parks. WDW has things that DLR doesn't have and DLR, things that WDW doesn't have. I prefer the DLR version of Pirates, IASW and Big Thunder over the FL versions. I liked the mansion in CA but agree that I think the FL version is better. I think Space was better in FL but that was 10 years ago.

The FL castle is more impressive.

Movielover

and Big Thunder over the FL versions.
Interesting that you say that. I find the actual roller coaster element to be better with the Florida version since its a slightly larger variant, It feels faster and a bit more intense in Florida. But of course the scenery side of things Disneyland has the upper hand with the Rainbow Caverns and Third Lift Effects.

cranbiz

Interesting that you say that. I find the actual roller coaster element to be better with the Florida version since its a slightly larger variant, It feels faster and a bit more intense in Florida. But of course the scenery side of things Disneyland has the upper hand with the Rainbow Caverns and Third Lift Effects.
The coaster by itself, yeah, FL has the upper hand. However when you put the entire package together, IMHO, DLR has it beat. To me, it's the entire experience that makes the ride. To others, it's the ride vehicle experience that makes the ride. And that is OK.

ToTBellHop

The coaster by itself, yeah, FL has the upper hand. However when you put the entire package together, IMHO, DLR has it beat. To me, it's the entire experience that makes the ride. To others, it's the ride vehicle experience that makes the ride. And that is OK.
And then you go to Paris…

aliceismad

* The People mover
* Splash Mountain
* Jungle Cruise
* TSI
* Fireworks

You make some valid points, especially about People Mover and Jungle Cruise, although I haven't ridden the newest revamped version at either park. Dumbo is also better at MK. Magic Kingdom also has wider walkways and just space overall, and obviously DL doesn't have the 7DMT. My husband prefers the dining in MK to DL. I love both parks, but I think overall DL is the better park over MK.

I think DL is better in IASW, Space, Pirates, BTMRR. I prefer the DL HM personally. I love Mr. Toad, Alice, Indiana Jones, and the Matterhorn (although my husband refuses to ride it again). I love the charm of some of the older rides like the Storybook boats. I'd like to see some improvements in Toon Town, but MMRR is coming. DL also has SW:GE (which I know some people feel doesn't fit properly with the park, but it's there). DL's main street feels more cozy to me, and I like the castle walkthrough. Parades have usually been better at DL. I'll be interested to see how the new MK night show compares to DL's.

mikejs78

Premium Member
You make some valid points, especially about People Mover and Jungle Cruise, although I haven't ridden the newest revamped version at either park. Dumbo is also better at MK. Magic Kingdom also has wider walkways and just space overall, and obviously DL doesn't have the 7DMT. My husband prefers the dining in MK to DL. I love both parks, but I think overall DL is the better park over MK.

I think DL is better in IASW, Space, Pirates, BTMRR. I prefer the DL HM personally. I love Mr. Toad, Alice, Indiana Jones, and the Matterhorn (although my husband refuses to ride it again). I love the charm of some of the older rides like the Storybook boats. I'd like to see some improvements in Toon Town, but MMRR is coming. DL also has SW:GE (which I know some people feel doesn't fit properly with the park, but it's there). DL's main street feels more cozy to me, and I like the castle walkthrough. Parades have usually been better at DL. I'll be interested to see how the new MK night show compares to DL's.
I agree with a lot of what you say. My point is that MK has a lot to offer as well, and some things are legit better in MK, some are better as a matter of taste. And the opposite is also true, that there are some things legit better at DL and some that are more a matter of taste.

They're both amazing parks IMO.

Marc Davis Fan

It seems odd that Primeval Whirl is being dismantled, yet there's no apparent movement on TriceraTop Spin. With the "main attraction" in DinoRama finally gone, the spinner is more out of place than ever.

Do our insiders have any thoughts on when the spinner (and carnival games) will finally get out of DAK?

mikejs78

Premium Member
It seems odd that Primeval Whirl is being dismantled, yet there's no apparent movement on TriceraTop Spin. With the "main attraction" in DinoRama finally gone, the spinner is more out of place than ever.

Do our insiders have any thoughts on when the spinner (and carnival games) will finally get out of DAK?
Given the lack of attractions without height requirements at DAK, I suspect this one will stay until whatever they have planned is ready to go vertical.

Marc Davis Fan

Exactly. It’s the least of the park’s worries.

Thank you for your kind response re it possibly staying and possibly leaving. This is interesting to know about.

Regarding it being the least of the park's worries, I have to respectfully differ (somewhat) about that.

I find DinoRama in general (including its component parts, such as the spinner) to be a real blight on what's otherwise an aesthetically near-perfect theme park (unique to Florida in that regard, and perhaps nearly unique in the world alongside DLP and TDS).

It also confuses guests who don't understand the "this is themed as a carnival" backstory, thus creating the perception that Disney deals in amusement parks (blurring the line between Disney and lower-quality places that it should be actively differentiating itself from).

That being said, the placement could be far, far, far worse. At least it was shoved into a corner of the park that was the weakest land anyway, and doesn't directly affect all the other wonderful areas.

Of course, if your statement that it's the least of the parks worries is due to other plans that I'm not privy to... then I'm really worried.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom