News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

Suspirian

I see that the conversation has drifted towards a family coaster that serves as a spiritual successor to The Excavator and this is exactly what I've wanted to come to the area for a while. I doubt anything will happen without an IP attached, but it's fun to dream.

This is what kinda confuses me because they don't have many IPs that can be used that would make sense? There's the Good Dinosaur which was a flop and now Ice Age which I know they're interested in investing in, but i doubt will be used in the parks anytime soon. I guess the Wilderness Explorers/ UP is a possible way to attach an IP as well. Don't get me wrong I'd love and prefer for whatever replacement they plan on doing to be original but I just thought they weren't interested in non-IP attractions anymore.

UNCgolf

I understand and get Disney isn't Universal, and doesn't really cater to the thrill market, but man, if Disney listened to some of you guys and never built thrill rides we would have never gotten the masterpieces like Expedition Everest or Tower of Terror.

There's a huge difference between themed thrill rides and the kinds of roller coasters some people are calling for. Everest and Tower of Terror are heavily themed on the outside so it doesn't look like you're just seeing a ride in front of you (Baron 1898 is not). I wouldn't mind an intense coaster that was heavily themed/disguised for people who aren't actively riding it, but I don't really see a feasible way to pull that off. Slinky Dog (not that that's an intense ride) gets away with it to an extent due to the nature of the area it's in, but it's still a C/C- for theme while seeing it overhead -- although they probably could have made it a B+ with more work.

999th Happy Haunt

This is what kinda confuses me because they don't have many IPs that can be used that would make sense? There's the Good Dinosaur which was a flop and now Ice Age which I know they're interested in investing in, but i doubt will be used in the parks anytime soon. I guess the Wilderness Explorers/ UP is a possible way to attach an IP as well. Don't get me wrong I'd love and prefer for whatever replacement they plan on doing to be original but I just thought they weren't interested in non-IP attractions anymore.
If I ever see Ice Age in a Disney park I would have to seriously reconsider going back

I know that’s an extreme reaction but like cmon

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Actually, Ice Age would be the perfect fit for the area. Any other 'see the dinosaur' ride would be redundant to DINOSAUR and draw too close comparisons to UO's Jurassic Park.

But Ice Age features more recent extinct animals. A LPS ride would work here (not yet used in DAK).

OR, a Night at the Museum of Natural History LPS which can have animals of all eras and regions.

Karakasa

I don't think an additional "see the dinosaur" ride would be redundant, especially if it used more updated science (i.e., feathered dinosaurs). I didn't actually ride Dinosaur until my third trip to WDW - the warnings posted outside of the ride made sure of that (and, honestly, rare is the occasion when I ride it and I'm not in the same car as a scared kid). It'd be nice if there was something for the little kids who love dinosaurs but don't want to do a thrill ride.

Ice Age honestly is a great fit though. I think it's a way better fit for DAK and particularly Dinoland than Guardians at Epcot or a whole Star Wars Land in Disneyland. So that'd be swell.

IMDREW

Actually, Ice Age would be the perfect fit for the area. Any other 'see the dinosaur' ride would be redundant to DINOSAUR and draw too close comparisons to UO's Jurassic Park.

But Ice Age features more recent extinct animals. A LPS ride would work here (not yet used in DAK).

OR, a Night at the Museum of Natural History LPS which can have animals of all eras and regions.
Ooooh Night at the museum dark ride like Mystic Manor. Sign me up!

doctornick

disagree. What is really missing from Orlando in regards to dinosaurs - well has been seen Energy closed - is a ride where you get to see and enjoy dinosaurs as majestic animals. Rather than a more scary ride where the dinos are a threat. I like to say that it would be awesome if Uni had aan attraction like if the Jurassic Park river ride took the first portion of that ride when it’s calm and educational and… just have that be the ride. JP as an IP is all about dinos attacking and Disney would actually differentiate by featuring them in a way to enjoy them.

So I’ve always been a fan of adding to Dinoland USA by having a calmer ride where you get to see some of the dinos brought back through time that maybe were injured or dying and were treated and are now in a “zoo”. It would be a good compliment to Dinosaur (the ride) and would be the kind of ride the park needs.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

Indy perhaps? Cuz we know they ain't touching DHS for a while.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Zooptopia is coming. Calling it now.
1632406237223.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom