News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

M:SpilotISTC12

This just crossed my mind. There is a large section of the RoL seating not far from Primeval Whirl. Maybe there is something to be done with this whole area. Most of this area can be cleared and built upon rather quickly. The only question I have is...Where is the money coming from that would be used on any of this area?
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 3.53.41 PM.png

DisneyDebRob

No matter the hate for any of these, I so dislike things closing without announcing something new in its place. There are enough buildings and attractions sitting in a spot with no plans on it. Much rather have a bad attraction then no attraction. For the record, I enjoyed RoL. Could have been more but was a good relaxing nightcap to a day at AK.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This just crossed my mind. There is a large section of the RoL seating not far from Primeval Whirl. Maybe there is something to be done with this whole area. Most of this area can be cleared and built upon rather quickly. The only question I have is...Where is the money coming from that would be used on any of this area?
View attachment 484151

Let’s just learn this through repetition: they are NOT sinking capex in during this financial situation.
So they have this huge theater on the water now. What to do with it I wonder...

The problem is Nahtazu...can’t park world of color there.
Let it rot of course.
Likely

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No matter the hate for any of these, I so dislike things closing without announcing something new in its place. There are enough buildings and attractions sitting in a spot with no plans on it. Much rather have a bad attraction then no attraction. For the record, I enjoyed RoL. Could have been more but was a good relaxing nightcap to a day at AK.
Saint Iger is really the only CEO to accept closing without replacement openly. There’s no going back now.

fngoofy

Stitch. Obvious. Primeval Whirl seemed more like a temporary carnival ride that filled useless space. River of Light...very strange. Any thoughts on this one?

PW makes all kinds of sense in that:
1) It's hurt people
2) AK actually rents the attraction from a coaster company
3) Resides in the least like area of any park

ROL
The tech didn't do all that they thought it would (moving things to specific points reliably.) The water was the issue in that just a little wind meant the float was blown off course.
The show is limited in what it can do noise wise.
The current world of having thousand of people packed in there, even with skipping rows and distancing on seating just doesn't work. You end up being too close entering, exiting for sure, and even on the sitting.

So they cut their losses, they have a great seating area for when they can mount a new show in the future.

Haymarket2008

I’m one of the apparent few who actually enjoyed Rivers of Light when it first opened. People had expectations of it that it had no intention of ever meeting. Although, there were some unfortunate initial cuts to its development budget. An understated and lovely event. But I’d much rather see it put out of its misery than to continue with the non-actor/shaman based, IP infused mess it became.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom