News Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom experiencing extended downtime

BlakeW39

Having a bad attraction isn't better than simply not having one and freeung up space. It's ugly, it's cheap, it's loud and peace-disturbing, and massively unpopular, widely regarded as the worst thing at the park (check the polls).

It's too bad for older people who want something better and little kids who don't care can't ride it...? What am I missing?

ToTBellHop

Having a bad attraction isn't better than simply not having one and freeung up space. It's ugly, it's cheap, it's loud and peace-disturbing, and massively unpopular, widely regarded as the worst thing at the park (check the polls).

It's too bad for older people who want something better and little kids who don't care can't ride it...? What am I missing?
My kids are continually annoyed that they aren’t tall enough. They’ll be let down when they hit 48”...

Lirael

It's a great ride... when you're with First Timer's at WDW. The look on their faces as they experience the ride for the first time is hilarious and worth the pain. Last time I rode I felt sure it had dislodged my intestine at leasto_O

starri42

I've never ridden it, but is it that much worse than any other wild mouse coaster? For comparison's sake, I've ridden both Busch Gardens Tampa's Sand Serpent back when it was in Williamsburg and called Wilde Maus and Six Flags New England's Gotham City Gauntlet. I don't feel like I was notably abused by either.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Kids seem to enjoy this ride more than adults, maybe it's because of their smaller size?
I don't remember my nephew or younger brother complaining about it being rough.

For me, it's a tad rougher than I'd like, nothing unbearable, though.

Goofyque'

Surpised it's open today!! Time for a spin, just in case!!

Attachments

• 15704668587533950063316072922859.jpg
    15704668587533950063316072922859.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 117

Epcot82Guy

I actually don't mind this one. Not the best by far. It just felt incomplete and thrown up. There are a number of cute little details in the ride. But, they often don't work. And, with the sparse implementation to begin with, that is an issue. I'll be interested to see where this goes...

bpiper

Anyone know if the restraints in the cars have been changed?

If the downtime was due to the accident in the UK with the same model ride, I would think that they would have reworked the restraints, maybe with a seat belt in addition to the padded bar across 2 seats.

MiddKid

Slower? Interesting. How's that work?

It was already slower than the off the shelf version. Must be braking even more now. See my previous post here:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom