Primeval Clone

The_CEO

Original Poster
dscf0009-_pwh_---20th-aug_172.jpg

I spy a clone - Primeval Whirl

@ Pleasurewood Hills..

I think it was built first though! :)

Connor002

its like a alternate universe where disney has cr--py attractions that are on par with state fairs

*walks into dinoramma*

"What the...!"

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I was just at Six Flags yesterday, the one near Chicago, and there is a ride there called Ragin Cajun that is just like it too.

WDWFREAK53

Mr. Six's Pandemonium at SFNE is a spinning coaster...but at least it's not a clone.

Wasn't it well known that this was a clone before it even went up? Or, was PWhirl the first and it was cloned?

longfamily

I see it as a tad bit insulting to be on a clone ride from another park. I have always thought that Disney was cutting edge, that they had a neighborhood of think tanks whose sole purpose was to create cool innovative attractions for Disney alone. Now I feel cheated:cry:

imagineer99

longfamily said:
I see it as a tad bit insulting to be on a clone ride from another park. I have always thought that Disney was cutting edge, that they had a neighborhood of think tanks whose sole purpose was to create cool innovative attractions for Disney alone. Now I feel cheated:cry:

Well, never go on Rock'N'Rollercoaster again. The ride was turnkey design that is in Six Flags Holland. The only difference? Theming, a building, and a lot of speakers. ;)

longfamily

imagineer99 said:
Well, never go on Rock'N'Rollercoaster again. The ride was turnkey design that is in Six Flags Holland. The only difference? Theming, a building, and a lot of speakers. ;)

NOOOOOOO

**Goes off pouting****

WDWFREAK53

imagineer99 said:

The ONLY difference? isn't that the ENTIRE difference?

Theming, the building, and the speakers change it from an ordinary rollercoaster, to an experience with a storyline.

It's kind of like saying that an omnimover attraction is cloned from Disney...but Disney's is housed in a giant geosphere, has multiple animatronics, and a soundtrack :)

(Not picking on you...just quoting your post...just trying to get the point across that the technology is out there for everybody to use...but what makes it a "classic" attraction or "Disney quality" is the theming and the storylines.) Even Mission:Space's ride technology isn't "a Disney first"...what IS a Disney first is the experience that is combined with that technology.

Madison

WDWFREAK53 said:
Mr. Six's Pandemonium at SFNE is a spinning coaster...but at least it's not a clone.

Wasn't it well known that this was a clone before it even went up? Or, was PWhirl the first and it was cloned?

There are many manufacturers of Wild Mouse coasters and many look alike, though there are subtle differences between each model. Mr. Six's Pandemonium is of the 'new generation' of Wild Mouse coasters and is manufactured by Gerstlauer.

Animal Kingdom's Primeval Whirl was manufactured by Reverchon, a French company. It was, by no means, the first of its kind. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril and Raging Spirits are each clones as well. Most people, for better or for worse, can't tell the difference and are just as likely to assume a coaster is a clone because it has the same name or color scheme as another. Goofy's Barnstormer and Gadget's Go Coaster? Clones. Mulholland Madness? Clone, though not of Primeval Whirl, interestingly.

In Rock n' Roller Coaster's case, Superman at Six Flags Holland was built after the MGM ride opened. I imagine that Disney saved some money by allowing Vekoma to design something they'd be able to sell again.

imagineer99

WDWFREAK53 said:
The ONLY difference? isn't that the ENTIRE difference?

Theming, the building, and the speakers change it from an ordinary rollercoaster, to an experience with a storyline.

It's kind of like saying that an omnimover attraction is cloned from Disney...but Disney's is housed in a giant geosphere, has multiple animatronics, and a soundtrack :)

(Not picking on you...just quoting your post...just trying to get the point across that the technology is out there for everybody to use...but what makes it a "classic" attraction or "Disney quality" is the theming and the storylines.) Even Mission:Space's ride technology isn't "a Disney first"...what IS a Disney first is the experience that is combined with that technology.

Oh, your totally right...I was trying to make a joke (a failed one at that :))

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom