PRIDE: Community

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
This should help on the NYC end. I don't have a clue about Seattle.

Woo hoo! Thank you!!
Im Ready To Party Kristen Wiig GIF

Wendy Pleakley

Hello friends! I'm off to Seattle for two days this weekend before my Alaska cruise and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for some gay bars to check out while I'm in town. Alternatively, I'm perfectly content with a brewery too. Similarly, I'll be in the NJ/NYC area in two weeks to see Lady Gaga so any suggestions for places up that way would also be welcomed. So looking forward to getting out of the south for a few weeks :cool:

This is not an answer to your question, but I would point out that as a Disney fan you may want to check out Wings Over Washington which is a 'Soarin type attraction on the Seattle waterfront.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
This is not an answer to your question, but I would point out that as a Disney fan you may want to check out Wings Over Washington which is a 'Soarin type attraction on the Seattle waterfront.
Oh woah, that looks like so much fun!! I'll pass it along to the group, it's only about a 15 minute walk from our hotel. Thanks for sharing!

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
Hello friends! I'm off to Seattle for two days this weekend before my Alaska cruise and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for some gay bars to check out while I'm in town. Alternatively, I'm perfectly content with a brewery too. Similarly, I'll be in the NJ/NYC area in two weeks to see Lady Gaga so any suggestions for places up that way would also be welcomed. So looking forward to getting out of the south for a few weeks :cool:

Okay so I do not know as much about the gay scene in Seattle, I have been to some bars long ago but forget.... I think Queer/Bar is a place people go.

BUT

- I highly recommend doing an underground old city tour if cost and time is permitting.
- Of course Pike Place (go to Beechers Cheese, great Mac and Cheese/ Grilled Cheeses).
- Skip the OG starbucks, not worth it.
- We really liked Von's 1,000 Spirits. They do Sourdough Pizza and Pasta, great food.
- Top Pot Doughnuts is great.
- Crab Pot for seafood feast.

Is your cruise stopping in Vancouver?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Okay so I do not know as much about the gay scene in Seattle, I have been to some bars long ago but forget.... I think Queer/Bar is a place people go.

BUT

- I highly recommend doing an underground old city tour if cost and time is permitting.
- Of course Pike Place (go to Beechers Cheese, great Mac and Cheese/ Grilled Cheeses).
- We really liked Von's 1,000 Spirits. They do Sourdough Pizza and Pasta, great food.

Great suggestions, the OG Sbux didn't even cross my mind lol. Our last port of call is Victoria.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

BUT

The only place we were able to make it to was Pike's Place, but we just did a quick walk through. I was too tired to check out any gay bars lol. That time zone shift kicked my butt those first few nights. We did eat brunch at a fabulous place called "Linda's" which I highly recommend. My rural NC country soul food loving family loved it, so you KNOW it's good. Haha.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
For anyone looking for an LGBT+ friendly cruise line, Royal Caribbean has nightly LGBT+ meet ups in one of their lounges. I was sadly only able to make it one night of my 7 nighther but it was so nice to just briefly connect with other fam outside of a traditional bar setting (omg I AM getting old :eek:😂) The Alaska cruise was a blast of course but the highlight was driving to NJ to see Lady Gaga at her sold out MetLife show on 8/11!! Been a fan since 2009 and it was amazing to see Mother Monster at what is, arguably, her best yet!
299019694_10223663908019817_5220833036019512448_n.jpg

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
For anyone looking for an LGBT+ friendly cruise line, Royal Caribbean has nightly LGBT+ meet ups in one of their lounges. I was sadly only able to make it one night of my 7 nighther but it was so nice to just briefly connect with other fam outside of a traditional bar setting (omg I AM getting old :eek:😂) The Alaska cruise was a blast of course but the highlight was driving to NJ to see Lady Gaga at her sold out MetLife show on 8/11!! Been a fan since 2009 and it was amazing to see Mother Monster at what is, arguably, her best yet!
299019694_10223663908019817_5220833036019512448_n.jpg

Chromatica Ball looks so amazing. I’m so sad I am not seeing her this go around, haven’t missed one since Born This Way Ball!

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Chromatica Ball looks so amazing. I’m so sad I am not seeing her this go around, haven’t missed one since Born This Way Ball!
I've seen Monster Ball (2.0), Joanne Tour, and now Chromatica Ball. My date for BTWB was one of the cancelled ones. Still so devastated all these years later that I couldn't experience it. This tour is giving the BTWB a run for the money as her best ever. I mean, you know it's going to be killer when she sings her three biggest hits right at the start in succession. I mean who else can pull that off?? Only a TRICON tbh!!

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
I've seen Monster Ball (2.0), Joanne Tour, and now Chromatica Ball. My date for BTWB was one of the cancelled ones. Still so devastated all these years later that I couldn't experience it. This tour is giving the BTWB a run for the money as her best ever. I mean, you know it's going to be killer when she sings her three biggest hits right at the start in succession. I mean who else can pull that off?? Only a TRICON tbh!!

Okay we need to be friends, clearly you’re a stan like me 😂 BTW Ball was my first, it was INCREDIBLE

I wasn’t in Vancouver yet during Monster Ball days, but since moving here:

- Both BTW Ball shows (second show I got in monster pit)
- ArtRave
- Tony and Gaga C2C tour
- Joanne Tour

But alas; Vancouver didn’t make the list for Chromatica 😭

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
All the ducks are in a row and I'm officially going to my first Pride ever in Atlanta this October!! I'm so excited to spend a weekend with a close friend, same one who went with me to see Gaga, in a city I've never been to before.
Okay we need to be friends, clearly you’re a stan like me 😂
My religion is Lady Gaga, so I'm okay with this 😂😂

BuddyThomas

Reviews are in. 86% positive on Rotten Tomatoes.

BuddyThomas

Hurray! Jason directed my first off-Broadway play and now he’s a bigshot Hollywood director. His next project better be a movie adaptation of my play, LOL.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Since the last time I posted in this thread (and on WDWmagic in general, wow it's been a long time) I realized I was non-binary. So I've got that going for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom