Pricing

bb5953

My husbdand and I are going to Disney in October with our daughter. We just found out that we get free dining but our TA is telling me it is only a little over $300. We will be there for 6 nights. That doesn't seem right. Can anyone help?

Lucky

I agree it doesn't sound right. Even the quick service plan is about $35 for adults and $12 for kids. So even if your daughter is young enough for the kids' price it would be $82 per night or nearly $500 for 6 nights.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you are staying for 6 nights AND all are with free dining (ie not a split stay) Then that number is off by a good bit. Make sure nothing else changed such as ticket options, insurance, etc. One distinct possibility is that you might have had to change from a standard to a preferred/water view room because of availability.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

If you are staying for 6 nights AND all are with free dining (ie not a split stay) Then that number is off by a good bit. Make sure nothing else changed such as ticket options, insurance, etc. One distinct possibility is that you might have had to change from a standard to a preferred/water view room because of availability.

Excellent advice!!!!! (I know who I'm booking my next year's trip to Disney with.. KK!!!)

Upvote 0

bb5953

Original Poster
I spoke with my TA. She said our original invoice from Disney was 3468 and the invoice they sent her with the food taken off was 3056 so I'm only getting 412 back. I told her that doesn't seem right and that I wanted to know exactly how much I was being charged for everything and she said since it was a charter trip Disney gives her the invoices directly and she would show it to me but its not itemized. I don't know what to do. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

If it was me, I would go the disney world website, and under special offers see what the exact same trip would cost with free dining, same ticket options, etc. and see what the difference would be.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Sounds like you were probably originally getting a room discount, but since you have to pay rack rate for your room to get "free" dining, the difference was less than you expected.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I spoke with my TA. She said our original invoice from Disney was 3468 and the invoice they sent her with the food taken off was 3056 so I'm only getting 412 back. I told her that doesn't seem right and that I wanted to know exactly how much I was being charged for everything and she said since it was a charter trip Disney gives her the invoices directly and she would show it to me but its not itemized. I don't know what to do. :lookaroun
Disney does not itemize a package deal. All you can do is break out the knows (ticket prices, DDP cost) and whatever it left is your room price

would I see that by looking at my reservation online? Would it be noted anywhere?
If you booked with a TA you will not be able to view it online but your TA should be able to provide you with a print out of your reservation via email or fax.

Sounds like you were probably originally getting a room discount, but since you have to pay rack rate for your room to get "free" dining, the difference was less than you expected.
This sounds like a good possibility.

Upvote 0

lbrad

Sometimes the "room discounts " are better deals than FREE dining. You almost have to do the math yourself. Hope you can get it all figured out !!!!

Have a magical trip

Upvote 0

Korfar

Also consider that on top of the $400 savings up front you don't have to buy your lunch or dinner while you are there. If you don't take it you don't save the additional $400 and you still have to spend a big chunk of money on food when you are there.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I would do as some of the others here have suggested and run the pricing for yourself. See what the cost would be with the Free Dining offer and all of the correct options and that should be the amount your TA is charging you. If not, Id investigate the cancellation policies. Best of luck!! Marie

Upvote 0

IloveSleepy

I read the replies and had one other thought - at which resort are you staying?

At the values, free dining only includes the quick service plan. If you are staying at a value and would like the regular dining plan, you just have to pay the difference. This could account for the smaller refund. The refund is only for the quick service dining plan cost.

Upvote 0
One thing that grabbed me by surprise, I booked my upcoming Sept 17th vacation (2 adults, 1 child 8 nights, 7 days at Pop Century) was I paid more for the free dining package due to the free dining being part of the memories package. It ended up being a little more than $100 more than just the room rack rate + tickets. I believed this was an add on cost of the package which included a free 20 page photopass photoalbum.
Not sure if this is similar to discrepancy that you are seeing.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Let us know which resort you are booked in and which dining plan is listed on your reservation. If you are in a Value resort and have the quick service plan for free, then yes your savings will be less. The same applies if you are in a Value and have the free quick service but upgraded to the basic plan. Your savings will only be on the quick service portion of the package and you will pay the difference between the two dining plans.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom