Prices for a family of four

Astro_Digital

Original Poster
Read and article if you go budget all the way, least expensive "All Stars Resort", no sit down meals, you will spend on average $4000.00 Canadian, and if you upscale get a dining package, moderate hotels it can cost up to $10,000 Canadian for a Disney Vacation.

Weird that so many people have that much disposable income.
Nobody has a problem with the price of a Disney Vacation ?

erasure fan1

I do, that's why we havent been to the parks since 2015 and we just canceled this summers trip as well. We will most likely go in 2020 for star wars but no longer will we go every year. Heck I could see us going only every 4 or 5 years and even that could be a stretch at the rate they are raising prices.

NickMaio

Read and article if you go budget all the way, least expensive "All Stars Resort", no sit down meals, you will spend on average $4000.00 Canadian, and if you upscale get a dining package, moderate hotels it can cost up to $10,000 Canadian for a Disney Vacation.

Many vacations are this expensive. It really depends on what you do. A Tremblant ski vacation for a week can easily be this much.

Bartledvd

All of this is only relative to someone’s household income.

For us staying for two weeks at OKW with flights from the uk and the dining plan works out at around £115 per person per night thats around $150 for us thats pretty good value but for others it is probably crazy.

Thing is single day ticket is $100 so for and extra $50 each per day we get hotel food flights and transfers.

eliza61nyc

Why is it weird??
So this is just one view,

1) I don't know where all these really cheap vacations are but imo vacations are expensive. My family just booked a vacation rental at the Jersey shore. 3500.00 bucks for the week and no it's not beach front. no food, nada . Cruises?? costly. Europe? costly. my trip to greece in September? 4K just for me. now of course, you can go lower or go higher, depending on taste.

2) everybody has their vices, things they think are worth their disposable income. my best friend does not like to travel, you should see here back yard. it's like freakin "shangri la back there. lol they dumped tens of thousands of dollars on their backyard paradise but it's what they like.

3) As far as disposable income?? well some people make good salaries, nothing weird about that. I'm in the stem field. my new boss is a great young lady. she just finished grad school, her position starts at 98,000 grand. Her hubby works here too, so between the two of them are pulling in 200K easy and they are in their mid 30's. no kids. she has a goal to retire at 50. everybody makes sacrifices, they decided not to have kids because they wanted a different life. for me, I like to travel a certain way, that means I have to sacrifice other things. I forgot who the poster was who said he takes more modest vacations which allow him to go more frequently. I can't afford to do that. when I was a stay at home mom, we lived off of one salary, so we had no disposable income, now I'm doing the happy naked dance because my last one finished college. lol, talk to me about disposable income when you get a load of the cost of college tuition. :greedy:😢:arghh:

No, I don't have a problem with the price of a Disney vacation because I can always decide not to go. this isn't health care or college tuition or a mortgage, this is a disposable product that is a non essential item. I'm sure at the rate the cost are going up that at some point Disney will no longer be worth what they charge. I won't have a problem with it, I'll simply go some where else.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

The prices have gotten ridiculous!

Now that they are actually adding new E-tickets again, I can see the parks being expensive. My main financial issue is with WDW's hotel prices and upcharge events that shorted the park hour for other guests who only paid the regular admission.

First, the hotels are way overpriced, for the product you receive. I am not a big Universal guy, but the one hotel I stayed at there, along with the others I visited, where much nicer and cheaper than what Disney offers.

Second, I hate the volume of upcharge event. It would be one thing if there was a cheaper buy-in and you can add things on top of it. When your paying 400-600 dollars for a family of four, the upcharges are a bit of an insult. It's sad that some nights at MK, there are no fireworks for guests paying the normal admission. Fireworks are only for guest paying extra upcharge prices.😕 And, when they are happening it is 3-4 times a week this happens.

There are only 2 people in our Disney party, so things are a bit more manageable for the wife and me. We are lucky enough to be able to afford to go at least once a year. However, my last trip was in 2017 and I won't be back to WDW til at least 2020. Between the prices and the crowds, we have decided to enjoy some of the other Disney parks (DLPR - 2018, DLR -2019). I was surprised at how much cheaper those parks were.

Astro_Digital

Original Poster
Ok cheap vacation, go to places like the local zoo.
You may pay $100 in total for a day not $400 for one day just to get into the place.
Go camping lots of fun and very inexpensive.

Yes there are other expensive places to take a family on vacation but so..... the point is what ? Will not go there either.

Disney built Disneyland because he thought there should be a place to take your kids and where everybody would enjoy themselves.
Not so much anymore some families may pull in $200K a year great so Disney is now a place for people that are very well off.

Thanks for the class system I guess.

Chef Mickey

That's a cheap trip for a family of 4. Have you priced out other comparable destinations?

Camping and the local zoo are not a comparable vacations, or even vacations.

We've been over this time and time again, but the bottom line is your per hour of entertainment value is very reasonable at Disney.

You are also not owed a trip to Disney, things cost money, and if you're unhappy with your financial situation, change it. You are the CEO of your own life and have limitless opportunity.

These kinds of posts really beat me down. I mean, what do you want? Disney is already packed with current pricing. Should they lower pricing? Business exists to make money, not to be some charitable entity for your enjoyment. I want an Aventador, but they are a little expensive. I'm not complaining to Lamborghini that their pricing isn't fair.

And the "Disney for everyone" argument is so tired. Walt was a business guy too. He wasn't running a charity operation. The spirit of that statement was that anyone was welcome in his parks and it was a place for families to spend time together. He didn't mean it should cost X dollars and no more.

Last edited:

MichiganDisneyDad4

Family of 4 here....7 days/6 nights this April....Port Orleans-FQ, plus airfare and $2500 in spending cash......my total will be $6900.
I have ZERO problems with spending this kind of money, because #1 I have earned it, I have worked my butt off to get to this point in my life and #2 My family is in pure ecstasy when we are in WDW and I can never put a price on that.
Before I got to this point in my life, we would still do Disney, but on a much tighter budget...
We would stay at Pop during a non peak time, drive from Michigan and maybe spend $1000 or less on food and souvenirs.

CaptainAmerica

You may pay $100 in total for a day not $400 for one day just to get into the place.

Yes there are other expensive places to take a family on vacation but so..... the point is what ? Will not go there either.

Disney built Disneyland because he thought there should be a place to take your kids and where everybody would enjoy themselves.
Not so much anymore some families may pull in $200K a year great so Disney is now a place for people that are very well off.

Lol.

eliza61nyc

The point is that it's about "value". People find value in different ways. You find value in sleeping in the forest, me?? you could not Pay me to do that. ever. it has no value to me so any amount of money I spend on that would be wasted.

It's not about "class" system. Disney NEVER was a place where everyone could afford to go. Now I don't really consider going to the zoo as a vacation (It's more of a day outing to me, but I do get your drift.)

And again, I have had years when my budget said nope, no vacation this year. everyone does. that's real life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom