Priceline,hotels.com, WHO?

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
Who do you use to book an offsite hotel at a good rate? We need a room for one night before we check into Disney. I have seen some really good deals out there, but I have never used any of these places to book before. Travelzoo was another one that I saw.

Any advice, or warnings? :)

SAV

For Priceline, Go to biddingfortravel.com and look in the Orlando forum. It lists out bids that were accepted and for which hotel. It will give you a good guideline so you don't over bid for a room. It shows the trends of what hotels are being given for a specific zone and star level.

The way I save big bucks is to buy the "Entertainment Book" and use their half off discount.

You should also go directly to a specific hotel's website and poke around for deals. They are all hurting, so you may do well to just call up their ressie line and see if you can get a room for your price.

GatorGambit

I'd use Priceline if I was looking for "Resort" level hotels. You are looking for a one night stay, so this may not be ideal. +1 for BiddingForTravel.com here.

If I didn't know what off-site hotels were available, I'd use tripadvisor.com to determine the best option. I would make reservations directly from the hotel's web site, unless I was sure I could get a better rate elsewhere. Buying direct means you don't pay additional agent fees, you're not locked into your reservation if you find something better, and you have flexibility on customer service issues. +1 on Entertainment Book here.

Since I do know what hotels are there, I prefer Hampton Inn. Free breakfast, Free WiFi, several in the area, all with decent proximity to the parks. There may be Entertainment Book discounts here as well.

Good luck!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Book direct. If something goes wrong, the hotel can help you. When you book through a consolidator or discounter, you're likely gonna be SOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom