Price hike coming 10/9

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Just out of curiosity, how are people currently affording Disney world vacations? I’m assuming the vast majority either live locally in Florida, or make combined incomes over 100k -150k.

For families making less than 100k how are y’all doing it? I haven’t been able to go on a vacation in 2 years because I just can’t afford life anymore.

The real issue is mostly going to stem from multiplying prices by number of family members depending on how many you've got.

It’s this. Having a small family makes it possible. For us it looks like this for a family of only 2:

Flights$650Southwest
Tickets$8753 day tickets plus MNSSHP tickets
Hotel$7221 night POP and 4 nights SoG
Mears$62To and From airport
Souvenirs $250
Food800$80 per person per day
LLMP$100$25 per person per 2 park days
Total$3,459

I mean it’s still a lot but scaling this to a family of four makes it $6,196 😬

One thing we did when my daughter was little was buy season passes. We’d go at the last week of September for like 9 days, then the next year we’d go a week and a half earlier for 9 days and the park tickets that second trip were zero cost

Splash4eva

They all add resort fees and parking fees so if you are driving, Disney can still be cheaper or basically the same price.

The only one that will likely be cheaper than All Stars is the Wyndham, especially on Priceline and if you aren’t parking a car.

If you have hotel points with Hilton - they don’t charge resort fees if you use points so it is totally free.
I dont know what other hotels charge but i cant see you saving much if any money staying elsewhere vs any of the all star resorts when factoring it all in not to mention the convenience factor where time is money as well…

MAGICFLOP

Anyone willing to pay $200 a day (park/ fast line upgrades) would certainly pay $250, so my thought is to let them pay it.

Anyone willing to pay $800/night for the hotel would certainly pay $1000/night, again let them pay it.

Anyone who can't afford that and wants to go and put $4000 on their credit card, let them put $5500 and pay it off with interest and struggle.

I noticed over the years that their are people that love Disney so much they will pay anything to go and I think Disney should capitalize on that (same way a bar capitalizes on an alcoholic). There are people like myself that even if Disney offered me my AP that I gave up in 2016 for $430/yr now, I still would not go back...

They should capitalize on those that they can... so up the price...

JoeCamel

Anyone willing to pay $200 a day (park/ fast line upgrades) would certainly pay $250, so my thought is to let them pay it.

Anyone willing to pay $800/night for the hotel would certainly pay $1000/night, again let them pay it.

Anyone who can't afford that and wants to go and put $4000 on their credit card, let them put $5500 and pay it off with interest and struggle.

I noticed over the years that their are people that love Disney so much they will pay anything to go and I think Disney should capitalize on that (same way a bar capitalizes on an alcoholic). There are people like myself that even if Disney offered me my AP that I gave up in 2016 for $430/yr now, I still would not go back...

They should capitalize on those that they can... so up the price...
Oh they did capitalize it long ago, they call it DVC

TrainsOfDisney

I dont know what other hotels charge but i cant see you saving much if any money staying elsewhere vs any of the all star resorts when factoring it all in not to mention the convenience factor where time is money as well…
If you aren’t parking a car the Wyndham can be cheaper than All Stars on Priceline - it’s also right across the street from springs and an easy walk to the Saratoga Springs bus too.

Depending on how you travel, being across the street from springs is very nice especially for non-park days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom