Pretty Pumped about California Grill!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
So I had originally booked Artist's Point for dinner in June as it is on our Disney Bucket List, but I had been leaning toward California Grill. Anyway, I had been kind of regretting it and I decided today to look at both menus again and I wasn't thrilled with Artist Point's but I was really diggin' the California Grill's. I didn't think California Grill would any availability for a decent dinner time any more but I checked anyway and lo and behold there was a good time left! So I'm super pumped! It may be an expensive meal as so many things sound and look good.

What are your favorites there? And feel free to post pictures!

DisneyPrincess5

Aww that's awesome! It's always so fun when something unexpected like a great dining time works out.
If you had gone to Artist Point, you would've had a great meal but never mind that-onto the roof top hot spot! I had the best meal of my life at California Grill, and no I'm not exaggerating. It is now called "Pork Two Ways" , formerly Grilled Pork Tenderloin, and the goat cheese polenta is WHOOOOAAA. Members on here do have photos of it I've seen them. Have a great time!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
The pork does look really good. I was thinking about that or the beef. I like the looks of the tomato flat bread and the pudding cake too!

RubyLee

Lucky change of plans! I enjoyed Artist's Point but the food/atmosphere at California Grill is phenomenal! One of the best meals I've ever had!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think it will stay on the bucket list, California Grill was on it too so I still get to cross something off.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I won't tell you that you made a bad call, but at the same time you should really put the Artist Point back on your bucket list.

I agree, not a bad call to go to Cali. But Artist Point is one of my favorites. Cali is a busy atmosphere and Artist Point is calmer. I love their food and have always had great service and wonderful food that is paced very well. Artists tables are spread out like most fine dining establishments. I find the table for two a bit too close for my comfort level, but also saying I've had fun at Cali. Both great.

I too would put Artist Point back on the bucket list.

Chip318

I was there two weeks ago. The bison is a must if you like a tender cut of meat. If not, scallops. The tomato risotto was the best I ever I had. Dessert hands down the trio banana split, Carmel pretzel flan, and a root beer float.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 36

HouCuseChickie

I haven't been to Cali Grill since the revamp, but we've had a number of great things in our few times dining there. The sushi has always been great and I had this phenomenal flatbread last time we dined there...smoked salmon, goat cheese, caviar, poached egg, etc.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was there two weeks ago. The bison is a must if you like a tender cut of meat. If not, scallops. The tomato risotto was the best I ever I had. Dessert hands down the trio banana split, Carmel pretzel flan, and a root beer float.

My husband will be very happy to hear that you thought the bison was good, on our trip out west last summer we ate a lot of buffalo at our meals and he fell in love with it.

CaptainShortty

You will NOT be disappointed! Cali grille is one of my favorite restaurants I property! The new pork two ways is one of the most delicious meals I've eaten in a longgg time. ENJOY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom