President's Day Weekend

NEL

OK, I always try to avoid holiday and peak season to avoid the crowds but we decided to take a short vacation to WDW this Presidents day weekend. My thought is tht it would be somewhat crowde but manegable since its in Febraury, right after the Holidays and right before the more popular spring break and summer vacations. But I have been looking around and some sites say this is considered peak season and will be very crowded. So I am lookingfor some expertise and previous experience from fellow posters. Who has gone before in Presidents weekend? How have teh crowds been ? What has been your experience? Any tips/suggestions/game plan? I will be Friday - Sunday staying at PoP Century.

All help and info is greatly appreciated !!!

THANKS

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I go every year. It's very busy. Not Christmas or Easter week busy, but much busier than any other time in February. You should definitely prepare for 90-120 minute waits at peak times for rides like Soarin', Toy Story Mania, and Space Mountain. Still, if you know how to work fastpass and EMH, it's definitely manageable.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Schools in the northern states often have an additional week of vacation in mid-February, coinciding with Presidents Day. So while kids in Florida will be in school, those from the cold northern areas (well, not so cold so far this winter) will be descending on Florida.

When I was a kid here in Massachusetts, we had vacation weeks in both February and April. I presume that's still the case.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Joshua&CalebDad

I go every year. It's very busy. Not Christmas or Easter week busy, but much busier than any other time in February. You should definitely prepare for 90-120 minute waits at peak times for rides like Soarin', Toy Story Mania, and Space Mountain. Still, if you know how to work fastpass and EMH, it's definitely manageable.

I concur with Nick A. It is busier but manageable. Just plan on being in the parks early and later in the evening and you will be able to hit most if not all the rides. I went last year during Presidents Day Weekend and had a great time. What we didn't get to ride was because we didn't want to. We got to ride our favorites, like POTC, Buzz, and Splash multiple times without a problem. By the way, if last year holds true, MK will be open till 3 am on Sunday night. Be sure to check the schedule.

Make sure to make use of Fast passes as that will help. Good luck and have fun. :wave:

Upvote 0

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
went last year for presidents weekend and we loved it! the weather was great (around 60 overnight, about 80 during the day) its crowded, but if you start early, you can get a lot done before the crowds arrive. enjoy your trip

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I concur with Nick A. It is busier but manageable. Just plan on being in the parks early and later in the evening and you will be able to hit most if not all the rides. I went last year during Presidents Day Weekend and had a great time. What we didn't get to ride was because we didn't want to. We got to ride our favorites, like POTC, Buzz, and Splash multiple times without a problem. By the way, if last year holds true, MK will be open till 3 am on Sunday night. Be sure to check the schedule.

Make sure to make use of Fast passes as that will help. Good luck and have fun. :wave:

Yup...it's on the schedule again this year. I LOVE 12-3 EMH. They're amazingggggggggggg.

Upvote 0

shipley731

Touring plans is calling Friday, 2/17 an 8 on the crowd calendar & then 10's Saturday 2/18 - Saturday 2/25.

That being said, I've gone over President's Day weekend & found it crowded but not unmanageable . Have a good time.

Upvote 0

53Herbie

Im not sure but I think Datona 500 is aproaching as well. Not a Nascar fan, but I know from past experience it brings people to WDW. Also check out park hours. If they are extended then you know Disney is expecting a busy week. They have already been extended at AK.

Upvote 0

dreamingofwdw

We were there for President's day week last year and it was very crowded, but not as crowded as it was the week after Christmas the year before. Like other people said, it was manageable. We were still able to do our favorite rides!

Upvote 0

WendyTinkerbell

Also, crowds are due to the vacation schedule of Louisiana. Many people from New Orleans go during Mardi Gras and that happens to be happening at the same time this year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom