Present refurb of Yacht Club: How much is it?

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
We are just planning a possible long trip to the World in September (stay at least 10 days) and are also planning a stay in the Yacht Club. As the YC is at the moment undergoing a refurb we need to know how much are they doing, can it influence in a negative way a stay there, does it include for example Stormalong Bay or the restaurants? Does it include a lot of noise? We know the YC pretty well so you can go into details pretty much.

lemon meringue

To my knowledge Stormalong Bay and the restaurants are not impacted by this refurb. I believe it is a guest room soft goods refurbishment primarily. The only other areas definitely included are the Club Level Lounge and the Club Level Check In area. We last stayed at Yacht Club in December 2015. The week that we were there the club lounge was being worked on and the lounge for club level guests was temporarily located in the Presidential Suite. Shortly after we left the new lounge opened. I have not seen it yet. As for noise, we could definitely hear work being done from inside our room during the hours of 8am to 6pm. We did see workers in the hallways but they were always polite and considerate of being in the way of guests. We are staying at the Yacht Club again this coming July and I did contact one of the concierge CMs who is always helpful to us when we stay there to ask about the current state of the refurbishment. She told me that work has still not started on the rooms and that it is expected to begin no earlier than late August. It will start with Club Level rooms (5th floor) and then proceed down to the 4th floor and onward. I do not know the exact timeframe and I got the impression that it isn't 100% planned yet.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
Thanks a lot lemon meringue, you were a great help for us. We were especially concerned about the possibility of Stormalong Bay being partially closed. Enjoy your stay there in July.

lemon meringue

I just want to add- they do seasonal work on Stormalong Bay yearly but they only close one third of it at a time. This is usually done in the winter months so it shouldn't impact you in September. I just wanted you to be aware since it sounds like maybe you didn't settle 100% on your dates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom