Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

IMFearless

There will always be the elite few who like to pay more for something simply because they can afford to do so, just because it makes them feel like they are worth more than those who cannot afford it.

If they introduced "premium" restrooms people would pay to use them, even if they were of a similar standard ones, it is the recognition and differentiation itself that the person is paying for.

The problem with this business model is that it makes the other 98% of your customers feel undervalued before they set foot in the park, and again the last thing they will notice as they leave.

Imagineerwannabe

So not to sound cynical...but

Reduce the bus service to the water parks and make it very difficult to get there on transport
encourage people to drive rather than bus
more cars end using the parking lots.
End result to make the preferred parking option look attractive....

Cash grab much?!

IMFearless

Reduce the bus service to the water parks and make it very difficult to get there on transport

Cash grab much?!

It's gone from a gradual decline in standards, to outright money grabbing cheek!

The removal of the hot cheese was the turning point!

TyrantBoss

Is there anything else Disney can charge for? I know get your meal, if you want napkins extra, silverware, ditto. This is getting stupid.

Now, now, now...You must qualify any and all criticism of Disney with "but they know exactly what they are doing. Their logic and decision-making is flawless in every respect" otherwise you risk offending the loyalists and they will attack you.

Whoops...I mean....

...but those loyalists are level headed, even tempered individuals who never over react to any negative information about Disney.

BrerJon

I think the difference in walking time for the water parks between the back of the lot and preferred is about one minute, so that's $15 per minute, meaning it only makes financial sense for someone who normally earns $900 per hour to shell out for it.

Who says Disney is only interested in the 1%!

MrPromey

Cash grab much?!

My guess would be the exact opposite. If anything, they want people staying on property and using their transportation. Staying on property means paying a huge premium to Disney for a room. Making parking confusing and possibly expensive makes staying on property and using their transportation more appealing. People staying on property without a rental are people that have a harder time going to Universal, Seaworld or pretty much anywhere else. With the new Disney Springs outdoor Mall, they're trying to keep people from going to outlets to buy stuff for less. It appears this is at least part of their overall scheme to close off as many guests' access to the physical outside world as possible.

A dome enclosing the whole place* with security that frisks you (only on the way out) is still too pricey, I guess.:rolleyes:

*Of course when they're finally able to do this, they'll say it's in response to the people who go to guest relations to complain about the weather and heat and asked why they hadn't done something like this before... And I'm sure there are people who have.:cautious:

Last edited:

BiffyClyro

The parking price has got so ridiculous. $20 for premuim parking... Ok. But I think if you've paid for entry to the park, parking should be complimentary. Tbh even $10 or less wouldn't bo so bad, but $20 per day is a lot of money savings for some people.

*Mic drop*

mousehockey37

That better be one hell of a bottle of water (which I highly doubt)...

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but if you want preferred parking, get to the park early! Disney is really finding any way they can to suck the money out of people.

Up next... Disney Parking Valet+... For $40, on top of regular parking, you can have a valet park your car at the theme parks or water parks, this way you can get out with the least amount of walking (even though you'll walk a ton during the day anyway), someone else parks your car and at the end of the day, they bring your car back! Tip is not included in this. Reservations can be made at 180 days. Use your MDE app!

Baloo62

latest

Hey mates! Watch this fool pay us extra for parking!! We can charge these idiots anything we want! Just give 'em water or a cupcake. That's what friends are for.....BWAAAhaaahaaahaaaaaa!!!!!!

Last edited:

Thunder Kz

Guys, I think you're missing it. Didn't you catch that people in preferred parking will be given a free bottle of water?

BahahaahaahahaHahahahahahaahaahahaaahaahahaaha.

NearTheEars

I'm sure it's been said about 50 times already, but everyone has just about the same walk to the tram, preferred or not. And heck, if the preferred is so far up in the lot, they'll actually walk further to the gate than the guests riding by them on the tram haha.

Adding it to the water parks is pretty funny. Kind of just sticking it to unknowing first time guests.
Unless I can park pool side, I'll keep the $15.

cindy_k

Is that one free bottle of water, or one for each person in the car?
At $3 a bottle, if you have 5 people in your car, then you might as well park premium.

brent2124

Is that one free bottle of water, or one for each person in the car?
At $3 a bottle, if you have 5 people in your car, then you might as well park premium.
Except you can bring coolers in the water parks. So go to Publix and buy a 24 pack for less than $5 and freeze them the night before and take them with you, save $10 and have substantially more cold water to drink.

cindy_k

Except you can bring coolers in the water parks. So go to Publix and buy a 24 pack for less than $5 and freeze them the night before and take them with you, save $10 and have substantially more cold water to drink.
You can bring soft coolers into all the parks. I rarely buy food or drinks in the parks. I usually walk in with a water bottle or two. I will refill from the water fountains, in every park except MK. The fountain water there is just awful.

glvsav37

Actually, preferred parking at a park where:

• There is limited food options—so people often bring coolers but no secure place to leave them, can now leave them in the car
• Guests, usually need a change of clothing, but don't want to rent multiple lockers
• Guests have babies but don't want to ruin clean diapers by getting sand in them

Parking up close makes some sense. I'll admit, we have done it at places like Sesame Place.

Securing personal items at water parks are generally tough b/c everything is out in the open and getting sand kicked all over them. I could see the average guest debating wether to bring the stuff in or leave it secure in the car, especially something like a change of clothes that you want to keep as clean and dry as possible.

Again, its up to the individual family to see what is value or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom