Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

Brad Bishop

How long before some bright spark sits in the TTC parking lot operating as an Uber driver and shuttles people across the parking lot in air conditioned comfort, therefore bypassing the $15

I think the tram already takes care of this. Yeah, it's not A/C but you're only out there for a few minutes. It's not like you're walking across miles of blacktop in the desert sun and heat.

Brad Bishop

Actually, preferred parking at a park where:

• There is limited food options—so people often bring coolers but no secure place to leave them, can now leave them in the car
• Guests, usually need a change of clothing, but don't want to rent multiple lockers
• Guests have babies but don't want to ruin clean diapers by getting sand in them

One of the things I dislike about WDW is their location of lockers. I suppose it makes sense in that you drop stuff off just as you enter and then pick it up as you leave but, to me at least, a set of lockers in a more centralized location makes FAR more sense. Then, throughout the day, I can visit the locker to drop off/pick up things like a camera, water bottles, etc. With the lockers being up front you have to make the trek all the way to the front of the park to swap anything out and at the Disney parks, with the way they're laid out, it's pretty inconvenient.

Some non-Disney parks get this and put lockers throughout their park (Six Flags comes to mind) so if you want a central location, then you have it. If you want something up front, then they have that, too.

rob0519

One of the things I dislike about WDW is their location of lockers. I suppose it makes sense in that you drop stuff off just as you enter and then pick it up as you leave but, to me at least, a set of lockers in a more centralized location makes FAR more sense. Then, throughout the day, I can visit the locker to drop off/pick up things like a camera, water bottles, etc. With the lockers being up front you have to make the trek all the way to the front of the park to swap anything out and at the Disney parks, with the way they're laid out, it's pretty inconvenient.

Some non-Disney parks get this and put lockers throughout their park (Six Flags comes to mind) so if you want a central location, then you have it. If you want something up front, then they have that, too.

I have this issue with Typhoon Lagoon in particular. I would have liked to see them closer to the front of the park, but having it close to the gate would cause a backup of people and probably ruin the ambience.

IMFearless

I think the location of the lockers is deliberate, because it discourages people from bringing their own food into the parks, which initially was an issue with people who wanted to bring picnics.

IMFearless

The other issue with lockers which I hate to point out is the potential risk from terrorism type threats. It makes sense to keep lockers away from highly populated areas.

NelleBelle

Is the bottled water they give you with the uncharge parking a 20oz Dasani they sell in the parks or is it a tiny little 12oz bottle?

G00fyDad

Is the bottled water they give you with the uncharge parking a 20oz Dasani they sell in the parks or is it a tiny little 12oz bottle?

Does it matter? They're still trying to appease people by assuming they're morons. They give you a water bottle after charging you $15 or more to park in a parking space that really doesn't make much difference. They may as well be offering everybody who does this 2 free hugs before they enter the park.

maxairmike

Hearing that at some point yesterday some guests were only given the option of premium parking at DAK. I really hope that's not what happened, but...I always did have that thought at the back of my mind they may do that.

G00fyDad

Hearing that at some point yesterday some guests were only given the option of premium parking at DAK. I really hope that's not what happened, but...I always did have that thought at the back of my mind they may do that.

What do you mean? The lots were full and the only thing available was premium parking causing the people to have to pay more or not park?

NelleBelle

Does it matter? They're still trying to appease people by assuming they're morons. They give you a water bottle after charging you $15 or more to park in a parking space that really doesn't make much difference. They may as well be offering everybody who does this 2 free hugs before they enter the park.

uhmm...thanks for answering the question?

G00fyDad

uhmm...thanks for answering the question?

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic toward you. ;) I just think it is stupid that they charge this price (or any price) for parking spots like these. Then the real slap in the face for people is the bottle of water as if they are really giving people something. My comment was not in any way meant to demean you or anything. :)

NelleBelle

Thanks! I totally agree that this idea is absolutely asinine! I just was picturing in my mind that they charge you this crazy amount of $ to park slightly closer and then hand you a small bottle of Kirkland-brand Costco water. I know that some have argued that the cost could potentially break even if you had 5+ in your car (if you were planning on buying water in the park). We love the parking tram and think of it as our "1st ride" of the day :D Even when we had a disabled parking permit when we took my grandfather...it was still closer to walk to the end of the aisle and get the tram.

But one other question...did they get rid of the AAA parking they used to have? Sorry--it's been a while since we last visited

G00fyDad

Thanks! I totally agree that this idea is absolutely asinine! I just was picturing in my mind that they charge you this crazy amount of $ to park slightly closer and then hand you a small bottle of Kirkland-brand Costco water. I know that some have argued that the cost could potentially break even if you had 5+ in your car (if you were planning on buying water in the park). We love the parking tram and think of it as our "1st ride" of the day :D Even when we had a disabled parking permit when we took my grandfather...it was still closer to walk to the end of the aisle and get the tram.

But one other question...did they get rid of the AAA parking they used to have? Sorry--it's been a while since we last visited

Yes. Disney's partnership with them ended (or changed) and this perk went away. I think it had to do with too many people purchasing the parking passes online and using them without a AAA package.

Goofyernmost

Universal has had that for ages and you didn't even get a thank you, much less a bottle of water. If you don't think it worthwhile you do have an option. Park were the rest of us lowlifes park!

Goofyernmost

What do you mean? The lots were full and the only thing available was premium parking causing the people to have to pay more or not park?
Believe me, as much fun as it is to watch this particular train wreck develop, I think it means that the only place where Premium Parking was being offered was AK. Assuming that the other parks had that area filled up and had no place to put new Guests. Not the other way around.

Clamman73

But if they start handing out a bottle of Lagunitas, I'm going with the premium parking. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom