PREGNANT(!) in Disney

We just found out that we are pregnant and are very excited. We have a trip planned for August 22 to Fl. We are planning to take a few day trips to DW. (sadly, no resort stay) I have been to Disney over 20 times so on the plus side I know where all the restrooms are! I will be about 3 months pregnant when we go so I am wondering what everyones opinions on the best two parks to go to while pregnant? We are thinking MK and Epcot. Rollercoasters are definetly off-limits. Anyone have any tips on being pregnant in the world?

Side note: We were thinking of doing Universal and/or Seaworld for the first time ever.(blasphemy, i know!) Is this a waste of money since I cannot do coasters. I was under the impression that the best part of Universal is the coasters?

wdwmomof3

Congratulations!! :) I have never been to Disney while I was pregnant so I have no advice other that the obvious and that is not to over do it and drink plenty of fluids. You will have a great time!

Upvote 0

durangojim

Congrats! My wife and I were there when she was 6 months pregnant with our first child and then 3 and 6 months pregnant with our second. The biggest thing is to take it slow or at your own pace, and most important stay hydrated! Water is best and I'd avoid caffeine. Have a great time and take lots of pics, that way you can show you little one that he/she was there even before he remembers!

Upvote 0

partyoffour

Congrats . Afraid I have no advice since I cancelled the trip we had planned when I found out I was pregnant. But I would have been 9 months in Sept of 07 and there was no way I could have gone !! LOL

Congrats again!

Upvote 0

CartersMom

Congratulations to you!!! We visited (did all 4 parks) when I was 3 months pregnant and then again when I was 5 1/2 months - the recent trip being 06/12-06/22 (yes, during the extreme HEAT!). Even though it was really hot, I actually did not experience any problems and had a wonderful time! Hey, I was able to keep up with my son (8) and my neice (6) - in fact, I'm pretty sure they got tired before I did on many occasions....

Just be sure to only attempt rides that you feel comfortable doing and keep hydrated! Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

mickey7879

That was the best souvenier you could get!!! :)

Got that right! haha! We were already planning on trying to get pregnant and just so happened we were planning on going to Disney when things should be taking place. Never in a million dreams did we think it would happen the first month! But glad it happened in Disney!

That didn't happen with our 2nd one that's on the way, but at least we're planning a trip in September so this one can go to Disney before he/she (find out today!!!:sohappy:) is born like we did with our first.

With our first I was 4 1/2 months along (he kicked for the first time right after we checked into the Poly) and this one I'll be 7 months along. (plus we're driving from Maine!)

We're thinking of renting a scooter for me from an outside company during our stay. After only walking a little ways in a mall or even grocery store, my left leg starts to get all numb and tingly and really slows me down and can get painful. I'm sure I'll get dirty looks from people :shrug:, but at least I'll be able to enjoy our trip and keep up with dh and ds 2.

Upvote 0

alice

I am going in 3 weeks, I will be almost 6 months pregnant. I am not really worried about my energy level, I mean, I know I will get tired, but no wheres near as tired as I was the first trimester. Plus I'm counting on getting there and my "Disney adrenaline" kicking in! Ya know, when you walk in and suddenly you have the energy level of a 5 year old, you suddenly have the power to run all over the place getting fast passes, meeting characters, etc, all superhyper like. The main worry is the heat, which I know I will take breaks and get in the AC as much as possible.

I don't do the roller coasters anyway (don't like that falling feeling)...I'd say Soarin' is fine, Dinosaur/Indiana Jones are out, too rough...but I'm questioning Test Track...I know there is a big halt/slamming on the breaks and then the big loop...I remember seeing a pregant woman get on in line before and thinking "Is that safe?" but I have probably ridden with worse drivers than that in the last 6 months lol...What do yall think about Test Track? I don't remember any warning signs, but I'd prefer to be on the safe side.

I'm trying to think about other rides...and I'm getting so excited! I think that is my only questionable one...everything else that I do is safe...Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, Pirates...Eeeee! I haven't been in 2 years and that is a record wait! And I will be bringing my husband who has NEVER been (how could I marry someone like that??) and my mom (a regular) and dad (who hasn't been since 1987!! I had to explain that there are more than 3 hotels now and they aren't ALL on the monorail!) Can't wait!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

mickey7879

I am going in 3 weeks, I will be almost 6 months pregnant. I am not really worried about my energy level, I mean, I know I will get tired, but no wheres near as tired as I was the first trimester. Plus I'm counting on getting there and my "Disney adrenaline" kicking in! Ya know, when you walk in and suddenly you have the energy level of a 5 year old, you suddenly have the power to run all over the place getting fast passes, meeting characters, etc, all superhyper like. The main worry is the heat, which I know I will take breaks and get in the AC as much as possible.

I don't do the roller coasters anyway (don't like that falling feeling)...I'd say Soarin' is fine, Dinosaur/Indiana Jones are out, too rough...but I'm questioning Test Track...I know there is a big halt/slamming on the breaks and then the big loop...I remember seeing a pregant woman get on in line before and thinking "Is that safe?" but I have probably ridden with worse drivers than that in the last 6 months lol...What do yall think about Test Track? I don't remember any warning signs, but I'd prefer to be on the safe side.

I'm trying to think about other rides...and I'm getting so excited! I think that is my only questionable one...everything else that I do is safe...Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, Pirates...Eeeee! I haven't been in 2 years and that is a record wait! And I will be bringing my husband who has NEVER been (how could I marry someone like that??) and my mom (a regular) and dad (who hasn't been since 1987!! I had to explain that there are more than 3 hotels now and they aren't ALL on the monorail!) Can't wait!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

When I was 4 1/2 months pregnant I went on Test Track. DH rode it again first and thought it would be fine.....would be the same as riding in a car. I just made sure I had a seat with a full seat belt, not just a lap belt. Stay away from the Safari, way too bumpy, but I did go on Kali River Rapids after dh rode it first. I was soooo hot and feeling so sick and that totally cooled me off and was fine. Everyone has their own opinions on if you should ride certain ones or not. Ride ones you know will be fine and then have your mom who is a regular ride TT or Kali first and let her tell you if she thinks it's too rough. You'll have a blast even if you decide not do any of those rides!

Upvote 0

alice

Ohhhh I forgot about KRR! That is my fave at AK. That is a huge drop though, which I usually love (I guess it is an exception bc you don't really feel the no gravity thing) I will have to see if there are any warnings on that one for moms to be...

Upvote 0

mickey7879

I was worried too about it, but dh rode and said I'd be fine. He knows what would be too rough, etc. Not that he's an expert by any means, but he's a paramedic and has rode all those rides like a million times (been over 30 times), so I trusted his judgement and turned out great. I told our dr we were going and all he said was have a great trip! I was worried about the rides and he told me just to stay off roller coasters but pretty much everything else would be fine.

Note: I looked the ride up on Disney's site and it says expecting moms shouldn't ride. With whatever the warnings on any ride, go with your judgement.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom