Pregnant and a scooter

mickey7879

I'm almost 6 months pregnant right now and will be 7-7 1/2 months when we are in Disney. I told my dr today of our plans and of course she said to drink plenty of water, take lots of breaks, etc. She also told me I should rent a scooter while we're there. Even going to Wal-Mart and the grocery store wear me right out, making my leg go numb and back and hips killing me, so I was already thinking I should get one. SO, now with my dr telling me I should get one and me already thinking it, I will be renting one.

Have any other preggo's rented one while there? I know I will get those looks and maybe comments like "what is she doing renting scooter? what's wrong with her, she's just pregnant...." :rolleyes:

L2DAVI

Congrats! :)

Boy or Girl? Anyways back to the scooter thing, seeing YOUR DOCTOR said you should do the scooter then follow his/her advise. He/she knows you and your situation. In the parks I have never heard or seen anything rude unless someone was rammed into or ran over so be careful. As one place you will get comments is the buses. If you use the scooter on the buses then stay seated on your scooter so others can sit down also. I cannot tell you how many people rent the scooters and hold up the buses and then get off the scooter they are sitting on and take a seat. I travel with my son and there have been times where he was asleep in our arms and we had to stand. So just a heads up. :) GOOD LUCK

Upvote 0

kstella

It's odd that you left out a few details about expectant twins and an older child. But, that withstanding, I still have an issue with people using handicap services (or entrances) that are not handicapped. Just because the people that YOU have determined are fat and lazy do it, does not make it right for anyone else. You can respond if you like, but I have said my piece on this issue and will not be returning to this thread.

I think it's probably a good thing he excused himself from this thread. Perhaps he would benefit from wearing one of those pregnancy outfits to see what it's like.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

fruitcake

I went when I was 6 months pregnant and rented a wheelchair. The only way I was allowed to go, according to DH, was to rent one. I had severe swelling in my feet and ankles as well as gestational diabetes. He would push me from ride to ride, and then we would all stand in the regular line. The only ride we went in the back way was HM and I just stayed in the wheelchair for Country Bears and Mickey's Philharmagic. Otherwise, we went from MK to EPCOT back to MK again...from open to close. Whatever makes you comfortable and able to enjoy yourself without being in pain.

Upvote 0

MrsToad71

I am not pregnant and have not ever been- but as someone who is healthy and still gets sore feet and swollen hands and feet just from walking around a hot park all day- I can understand why you would want a scooter when you are pregnant! I would not think twice about a pregnant woman being in a scooter.

Don't worry about what anyone else thinks- just do whatever you need to in order to be comfortable and enjoy yourself :)

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Maybe you should have entitled this thread "For Women Only" :ROFLOL:

I don't think men can really jump in on this thread as they will NEVER get the opportunity to experience being pregnant and how wonderful and uncomfortable it can be at the same time.

That being said, YOUR doctor advised the use of a scooter so he/she obviously understands YOUR current condition.

Hope you have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

DisneyGirl10

It's odd that you left out a few details about expectant twins and an older child. But, that withstanding, I still have an issue with people using handicap services (or entrances) that are not handicapped. Just because the people that YOU have determined are fat and lazy do it, does not make it right for anyone else. You can respond if you like, but I have said my piece on this issue and will not be returning to this thread.

If you look at my very first post on this thread, you will see that I do clearly mention that I was pregnant with twins. I did not leave out that "detail!" I dont like the inference that I'm lying about my situation!

Anyway, my doctor also advised me that having a scooter would be the only way she'd OK me going. And boy was it a lifesaver! If you've never been pregnant, there is no way for you to understand what it's like lugging around 20+ extra pounds all in the tummy area! And, with twins, you can imagine that it was twice as hard!

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Original Poster
i would suggest postponing the trip--

Postponing isn't an option for us. We want to go on our last trip as a family of 3 before our little one arrives. The only way we'd consider postponing it would be if my dr suggested it for health reasons. But, although she thought I was crazy, she said I'd be fine to go and gave me the advice of drinking lots of water, taking breaks, staying out of the heat as much as possible and renting a scooter. She thought I was crazy since her daughter didn't do so well while there, not the fact that I was pregnant. Our son has already been twice and LOVED it, especially the last trip at 15 months.

Upvote 0

L2DAVI

Congrats on the news of a boy. Love the due date, close to mine. :lol:
Go, Have Fun, Enjoy!

Just remember, your dr knows your situation, follow his/her advice. Best wishes, Good luck.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom