Pregnancy and Deluxe Dining Plan

jenperich

Original Poster
Hello all! I have asked multiple questions about being pregnant in Disney...as I hope to be in October when we go. However, I haven't asked this one yet.

Has anyone been pregnant @ WDW and been on the Deluxe Dining plan?

This is our plan for right now. All ADRs have been made, and we're very excited to have an "all-out" Disney trip before starting a family. However, I'm getting a little nervous now that it'll be too much food for me, if I'm pregnant. Please help!

tigsmom

Hello all! I have asked multiple questions about being pregnant in Disney...as I hope to be in October when we go. However, I haven't asked this one yet.

This is our plan for right now. All ADRs have been made, and we're very excited to have an "all-out" Disney trip before starting a family. However, I'm getting a little nervous now that it'll be too much food for me, if I'm pregnant. Please help!

It's too much food for me and I'm not pregnant! :lol:

Depending how far along you may be at the time you may not even want to get out of bed let alone eat...I'm not wishing horrible morning sickness on you, but it has been know to happen. :lookaroun

sweetpee_1993

Totally depends on the person. When I was pregnant both times I was a voracious eater. Like a bowl of cereal for breakfast was a mixing bowl with half a box dumped in. I ate constantly & was forever full-on painfully hungry. It was horrible. For me, the deluxe plan would've been a bad thing because I would've eaten myself to death. Seriously.

My best advice would be to use a different perspective when it comes to the amount of food you get on the deluxe plan. Don't look at all the food available to you as stuff you have to eat because it's paid for, look at it as an opportunity to sample. Be smart about what you eat. I wish I'd known what my eating was going to do to my body. I wish I'd had someone to tell me this stuff. I gained way too much weight (50 lbs. w/the firstborn & 75 lbs. w/the second). It took years to get the weight back off. Then there's the extreme scarring from stretch marks. I kid you not, I had stretch marks on my calves. I did have a few near the bottom of my belly that stretched so far they tore. No fun. Without giving too much detail 12 years after the fact, my stomach will require surgery to ever look halfway normal again. Weight loss alone cannot fix what I did to my skin.

Soooo, in short, enjoy the opportunity to try lots of foods & experiences. Just be careful to keep the sampling from harming you down the road.

:wave:

My husband and I both felt it was way too much food. We did a lot of 2TS meals. I was so uncomfortable... there were times I hardly touched my meal. I wasted too much great food!

SaraElla

i was pregnant the last time (oct. 08) my husband and i went. We were on the dinning plan but the only problem was i started to get morning sickness or in my case, all day sickness during our trip. I could eat but i definalty wasted a lot of food. Plus we had to change some of our reservations to restaurants with buffets so i could pick anything that didn't make me feel naueous. The people at the deesk were very helpful with recomendations. My poor husband probably gained 10lbs during that trip because i made him eat things off my plate so i looked like i ate something

Pooh Lover

Our problem with the dining plans (and I love them dearly) is that they take up so much time. With all those ADR's, you really have to plan your days thoroughly and can be pretty logistically challenging. At least with the regular dining plan, you only have one ADR a day to deal with. Good luck and have a great trip!

marcriss

I went in my first trimester for my son and eating was a challenge. I had morning sickness so we got cereal or something light, ate in the room so I could lie down after. It was not our best vacation for good meals.

For my daughter I was right around 7 months, and I grazed all day. Not too much at any one sitting. We went in December so the weather was comfortable.

If you're not worried about the money then stick with your plan. If you're going to be early in your pregnancy then you might want to rethink it. Smells can be overwhelming and kill your plans. Plus, what makes you nauseous one day will not necessarily make you that way 20 minutes later:). It's really tough to plan. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

I can't answer this question as being pregnant at Disney - but I can tell you that I love the Deluxe Dining Plan. It is a lot of food - but we enjoy a lot of Signature experiences (Brown Derby, Cali Grill, CRT, Yachtsmen, etc) that we would not enjoy with out this plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom