Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

Dan Deesnee

If anyone wants to / can come back.

It will be packed, US during spring break time will be the beginning of the slow return to near normal crowd levels by November 2021 (of course they could have crowd limits, they'll hit those most days).

Air travel is slowly rising, if it keeps up it's current pace it will be back to normal before next November. Pull the data.

Disney Will give plenty of incentives to visit and don't forget, you have thousands and thousands of DVC owners who need to use their points that didn't go this year. Next year they'll either have to use them, rent them or risk losing them.

Also international travel bans will be long gone by this time next year, it's basic economics. Add that to the pent up demand to get out of town and go on a vacation.

TTA94

Original Poster
It will be packed, US during spring break time will be the beginning of the slow return to near normal crowd levels by November 2021 (of course they could have crowd limits, they'll hit those most days).

Air travel is slowly rising, if it keeps up it's current pace it will be back to normal before next November. Pull the data.

Disney Will give plenty of incentives to visit and don't forget, you have thousands and thousands of DVC owners who need to use their points that didn't go this year. Next year they'll either have to use them, rent them or risk losing them.

Also international travel bans will be long gone by this time next year, it's basic economics. Add that to the pent up demand to get out of town and go on a vacation.

Likely true as long as things do not get any worse, and hopefully some type of vaccine is out by then. Maybe not out to the majority, but out enough to start getting things back to normal.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I meant the crew.

Allow me to clarify that.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

That assumes they can afford to sit around and wait. I have to think many will move on.
That’s the greater tragedy with all these layoffs. Can Disney find new workers? Sure. But they are saying goodbye to talented CMs with hundreds of thousands of combined years of service to the company. Losing their expertise will significantly damage the parks and guest experience.

Half of the dads in America think they can put on professional pyrotechnic shows every July 4 but show quality will suffer if we rely on people like that over folks who worked on IllumiNations for decades.

TTA94

Original Poster
That’s the greater tragedy with all these layoffs. Can Disney find new workers? Sure. But they are saying goodbye to talented CMs with hundreds of thousands of combined years of service to the company. Losing their expertise will significantly damage the parks and guest experience.

Half of the dads in America think they can put on professional pyrotechnic shows every July 4 but show quality will suffer if we rely on people like that over folks who worked on IllumiNations for decades.

Definitely that possibility of talented folks moving on, but there may be some, hopefully most, who will be anxious to return and work on, let’s say, the new Harmonious show.
But yeah no doubt there will be some big losses which is sad.

Dan Deesnee

I meant the crew.

Allow me to clarify that.

I don't work in the entertainment industry so this is just speculation / me not knowing what I'm talking about. I would assume that for entertainment industry jobs these people might have almost not choice BUT to wait around? I can't imagine the entertainment job industry is even remotely healthy right now.

Is it more likely that a lot of these people just leave the industry entirely and change careers?

TrainsOfDisney

I don't work in the entertainment industry so this is just speculation / me not knowing what I'm talking about. I would assume that for entertainment industry jobs these people might have almost not choice BUT to wait around? I can't imagine the entertainment job industry is even remotely healthy right now.

Is it more likely that a lot of these people just leave the industry entirely and change careers?
There isn’t an easy answer to that question.

Tech.’s will be needed for movie and tv shoots as they open back up again, other jobs will become available locally that will be outside the entertainment industry but a good option for someone just laid off from Disney.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I know people leaving the creative and entertainment industries. Sadly.

Dan Deesnee

Well, I guess possibly one silver lining is those that do stick with it and get through this in the entertainment industry maybe their pay will go up because their will be less competition and more demand eventually? Just trying to find a bright side.

TTA94

Original Poster
Worst case couldn’t WDW bring in entertainment crews from CA or outside the US? Still sad for those who might choose not to return.

drew81

Worst case couldn’t WDW bring in entertainment crews from CA or outside the US? Still sad for those who might choose not to return.

That might break the agreement between IATSE Local 631 and Disney Parks. I'm not sure what the exact agreement states, but I doubt Disney would do that.

TrainsOfDisney

Sure. But that’s like Disney hiring outside animators for princess and the frog. Sure it was “traditional animation” but it wasn’t the same.

Disney could hire a 3rd party to do the pyro shows if they want. Lots of options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom