PREDICT FROZEN IN EPCOT

DinoInstitute

I'm hoping it will be some sort of tour of Norway but it appears it won't be.
"
will take our guests to Arendelle and immerse them in many of their favorite moments and music from the film"
Straight from the post announcing it. Seems like it will just be a short frozen dark ride
It does. That's why I'm hoping though that they find some way to still showcase it as the story was 99% based off of Norway (whether it was or not, I will convince myself of it)

cw1982

the story was 99% based off of Norway

99%? In what way? So far the references I've seen mentioned in other threads have nothing to do with the story at all, and are obscure enough that the average person wouldn't notice without watching the film more than once anyway.

LostPrincessKarleigh

99%? In what way? So far the references I've seen mentioned in other threads have nothing to do with the story at all, and are obscure enough that the average person wouldn't notice without watching the film more than once anyway.
I agree. Besides some if the architecture, rosemarling (sp?), and some of Kristoff's costuming based off an indginious tribe, there was not really a lot of Norweigian culture in Frozen.

DinoInstitute

No no no no no, I wasn't saying at all it was, because I really don't think so. You only quoted a little bit and not the whole thing.

What I was saying was that I hope Disney does though try to shove down our throats that it is so that it feels somewhat in place

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well everyone that has done any research at all on Norway knows they have a huge problem with singing snowmen and ice monsters wearing tiaras.

cw1982

No no no no no, I wasn't saying at all it was, because I really don't think so. You only quoted a little bit and not the whole thing.

What I was saying was that I hope Disney does though try to shove down our throats that it is so that it feels somewhat in place

I quoted the part that I comprehended at the time... for some reason, the way you are wording your posts makes it hard for me to follow. We'll call it baby brain for now ;) I even had to re-read your response to me a time or two just now to make sure that I read it correctly.

Making Frozen feel "in place" will definitely be a challenge for anyone who thinks about this on a critical level IMO. The powers that be are clearly relying on people to be of the Disney Bubble mindset and not think too hard about how illogical this whole thing truly is.

DinoInstitute

I quoted the part that I comprehended at the time... for some reason, the way you are wording your posts makes it hard for me to follow. We'll call it baby brain for now ;) I even had to re-read your response to me a time or two just now to make sure that I read it correctly.

Making Frozen feel "in place" will definitely be a challenge for anyone who thinks about this on a critical level IMO. The powers that be are clearly relying on people to be of the Disney Bubble mindset and not think too hard about how illogical this whole thing truly is.
I agree. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the theme had been to showcase the countries of the world "Disney" style with their characters, but that hasn't been it. But, like the three duck amigos I probably will adapt quickly.

Although, the ducks are a little more Mexican then magic princesses are Norwegian

Beholder

I predict the executives will be happy, the average guest pleased, and the long time fan base, or the purists, will be upset. For myself, I'll miss Maelstrom. I'll lament for the passing of EPCOT's original "mission", if you will. But, as life moves on, so will I, so I'm sure I'll take a look, stare dumbfounded at the mass of Elsa and Anna devotes, and move on.

Winter

I predict it will be a frozen dark ride that will inculde a big hill and bumpyness at the marashmellow chase and maybe even at the wolfs part.And a one of the best ride ever.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It will probably just be an overlay..

Olaf's head greets you as you come on the chain lift, then you're in Arendelle and it's covered in snow then you pass by Anna who's going the direction you're going to look for Elsa. Doors open to reveal Elsa and Anna arguing and she strikes her with the magic sending your boat backwards, as you go backwards on your left side, the trolls are singing "fixer upper" and then, what used to be a waterfall is now the window of the room where olaf comes to help rescue Anna and get him to Kristoff. Then Olaf says "come, this way!" and you go down this small drop and there's a wall blocking two small scenes, one where Elsa is crying over Anna's frozen ice body, then it goes dark and you hear Olaf say "An act of true love thaws a frozen heart" dah dah dah dah dramatic music, final scene, waving as passengers go to the station (such as little mermaid) the end.

The overlaid attraction.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Well... They did have trolls.... Rock trolls.. :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom