Pre-Trip Rituals

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Anyone have any strange pre trip rituals?

We’re getting ready for your yearly May trip (5 more days!!!) and I just realized what a nut I am.

1.I let my hair grow longer than normal (miss a couple of haircuts) and then the day before we leave I ‘treat’ my self with a high and tight cut.

2.Save up all our soda, water and beer cans all year and the week before we go I cash them all in so that I have “airport” money for the trip down.

3.With the exception of 1 year I always buy a new pair of sneakers especially for our WDW trip

4. I wait until the last day before we leave to mow my lawn.

5. Spend every waking moment on these boards getting all my last minute details so
I’m in the know before I go.

There are a few others, but I’m afraid if I list anymore you guys might have me committed. :lookaroun

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Original Poster
A sacrifice of a small mammal before burning some incense and saying an incantation to the volcano ash gods.

I've done this one as well -- but that was the year we were staying at the Poly;)

A couple more...

I have a count down I start on my work calendar only from the 30 day mark.

Night before I watch that year's vacation planning video.

My desk at work needs to be completely cleaned and free of clutter before I leave work for the last day.

Ok maybe some of these things are just my OCD kicking in.....:lookaroun

Upvote 0

allycat27921

We are going again on May 26!! 25 days!! My boyfriend also does the "last minute haircut treat" and I am always packed and ready to go at least two week in advanced. We also watch videos from our last trip to get in the disney mood (not that we really need to because we are already crazy excited) :animwink: Another thing we like to do is to talk about what ride, meal, park, day we are most excited about and why. Yes, we are total disney freaks!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Ballsinc

A sacrifice of a small mammal before burning some incense and saying an incantation to the volcano ash gods.

As long as it's not a small mouse......;)

We also like to do the Chain countdown. We put different Disney characters on the links and when we cut each link we usually play some music from that movie, parade or park. We also made a Mickey Wish box, where we each put a Disney Wish for each of us. We will read these on the ride down to WDW.

We also have a Movie Theme night each month and one fun Pirate Day, since we are making this years trip a Pirate Adventure. We play the Magic Kingdom Board game and make up our own Disney trivia questions based on the Disney Music we listen to. The DW and I have countdown calendars at work where we have infected our co-workers in counting down ours days with us.

And 2 top it off we are celebrating our DD 10th birthday this Sunday with a POTC themed Party....Yaaarrrgggg!!!!

Upvote 0

Bri1121

The last time we went it was a little chaotic. I planned the the trip three weeks before we actually left. We had a lot of running around to do, reservations to make and clothes to buy. It was December and my kids pretty much grew out of their summer clothes and it was not so easy to find summer ones!

This time we are surprising the kids so there is a lot of hush hush around here! But I have made the meal reservations. So check! My mom and some family are coming with us, so we will get together to have a "meeting" and map out the details! I will be religiously on this board! DH and I have been looking through our last trips pictures and video to get us all pumped. Not that we need it! Still have 92 days!!!

Upvote 0

Mr Wizard

Being one who allways drives I make sure the car is ready. Oil change, new coat of wax to make sure the bugs are easier to pry off when we get home, clean the windows, check tire pressure etc. And I like to have some fresh tunes to listen to when we hit the "dead" radio areas Where there is nothing but country, country, country, country & western and talk . So it used to be that I would get out the LP's and make some new 8 tracks. Then I progressed to making new cassetts. Then it was firing up the computer to burn some new CD's. After that it turned into making some new playlists for the Ipod. Now I just pull up Slacker Radio on my phone, plug it into the car and hit play. At least some things have gotten easier over the years.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

Being one who allways drives I make sure the car is ready. Oil change, new coat of wax to make sure the bugs are easier to pry off when we get home, clean the windows, check tire pressure etc. And I like to have some fresh tunes to listen to when we hit the "dead" radio areas Where there is nothing but country, country, country, country & western and talk . So it used to be that I would get out the LP's and make some new 8 tracks. Then I progressed to making new cassetts. Then it was firing up the computer to burn some new CD's. After that it turned into making some new playlists for the Ipod. Now I just pull up Slacker Radio on my phone, plug it into the car and hit play. At least some things have gotten easier over the years.
Good thinking on the Slacker Radio.
There sure are a lot of MD Disney freaks on here. Maybe a group should be started methinks?

Upvote 0

Supergirl7710

I'm going down with my boyfriend for our one year anniversary in July (67 days!!!!) and I've been going NUTS!

I'm on all the websites, I have a long list of all the hidden secrets all over the park that I know and that I've found from other forums (as its my boyfriends first trip)

I check the Disney Vacation Connection Widget every day

And I like to plan out my attack route. I'm not so Disney Commando but I do know what I like :p

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom