Pre-Trip report. Suggestions Welcome!

Hi All, I'm new around here at WDWMagic, but I've been a Disney fan all my life, especially the parks, so much so, that to work for Imagineering or the Disney Parks is a lifelong dream of mine.

Oddly, I've only been to a real Disney World vacation once in my life. When I was six. When I was 13 and visiting a friend in Florida, I went back to the Magic Kingdom, but that was the extent of that visit to Disney.

Coming up in a little less than two weeks, I shall return to Disney World for a real vacation, and I couldn't be more thrilled. There are a few downsides (to save money, we are using a family condo instead of staying on property at Disney. Not my choice, but I'm not funding the majority of the Vacation) but it is seeming to be a brilliant trip. I wanted to run by the more-than-likely plan with you guys, see what you think. We are going down to meet my aunt and her partner, along with their 8 year old son who are staying on Property, so part of these plans revolve around being where they will be. We have 5-Day Park Hopper passes (and I may extend mine for an extra day while down there)

Friday March 26th - Flight to Orlando. Arrive at 10:00pmish
Saturday March 27th - Magic Kingdom, No Meal Plans made at this time
Sunday March 28th - Epcot, Lunch at LeCellier, Possibly Dinner at Coral Reef
Monday March 29th - Hollywood Studios, No Meal Plans made at this TIme
Tuesday March 30th - Magic Kingdom, Lunch at Tony's Town Square, Might visit Epcot or Hollywood Studios in the Afternoon/Evening
Wenesday March 31st - Animal Kingdom, No Meal Plans made at this time
Here's where things get...complicated
Thursday April 1st - Family might go to SeaWorld. I have no desire to do this. I may meet up with a good friend who lives in Orlando (and has an annual pass) and go to Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios for the day.
Friday April 2nd - Flight home from Orlando, leaves around 6pmish

These may change, and really the only set in stone plans are the two meal reservations we have with my Aunt and her family, but I am fairly sure this is how things will work out.

My family also seems to have little desire to go to Animal Kingdom (and yet want to go to SeaWorld. :veryconfu), but I am trying to change that. AK is the park I most want to do, as it wasn't in existence the first time I went, and the second time, it had just opened, and we went to MK instead (on our one day visit to a park) and I am just dying to try Everest, regardless of it's problems.

So that's the plan for March 27th - April 1st. I can't wait.

If you WDWMagic users have any suggestions or tips, I would be most appreciative. You guys know your stuff.

tiaragirl

Sounds like a pretty good trip! I'd opt for the extra time at AK and HS, but that's just me.. I'm a HS girl, and Sea World doesn't interest me much.

harveyt0206

Have a great trip. I personally love AK. I think the park is beautiful and really love the atmosphere. Since you have never been I would definitely recommend it. I hope you are able to find some time to explore it. Enjoy your Disney vacation.

UberMouse

I have never been real impressed with SeaWorld for some reason. If you've seen one Dolphin jump, you've seen them all. LOL

DizneyPryncess

Sea World is my DH's favorite park. He is not obsessed with Disney World like I am though. I do like Sea World too. It has several good shows, and also has a few rides. The exhibits there are what we really like though. The shark exhibit & dolphin exhibit are especially good. Having grown up going to the Ohio Sea World, I have to say Orlando is better.

That being said, if you've never done Animal Kingdom, I completely understand why you'd like to go there. The rides, shows & trails are all amazing. If your family decides to do Sea World, it won't be the worst thing in the world. You will have fun there, and you can always insist on an Animal Kingdom visit next time. :)

If you end up visiting Epcot on the evening of the 30th (which I'd do over going to HS because there's more to do), consider having one of your meals that day. Coral Reef & Le Cellier are both a lot of food and you might not be super hungry at dinner after lunch at one of them. Eating at them on different days would allow you to really appreciate them both. Have a great time!! :wave:

darthspielberg

Original Poster
Thanks for all the tips.

If the family does decide to do Sea World, I will be doing a Disney park instead regardless. I am not fond of Aquarium like places (not that they are bad, just sort of...not my thing) and most of the rides they have at Sea World are roller-coasters that go upside down, which is a big no-no for me. So, I don't see the need to waste 80 bucks on a ticket for me to go and only go on one ride, and would rather upgrade my Magic Your Way pass for an extra day for a much cheaper price.

My plans, if they work out, is to stay with my Aunt at her on property hotel on Wednesday night (she has a couch, I believe, so I'll just sleep there) so I can be on property all day, and then meet the rest of my family after their excursion to Sea World without having to trouble them for a ride to Disney in the morning. That's the biggest downside to staying off property (besides not being immersed in Disney, which I'd prefer)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom