Pre Trip Report & Itenerary

Pre Trip Report & Itinerary

First off, let me say that my trip isn't until December of this year (2010)! :brick:But, I can't freakin' wait so I'm posting this now!!

My name is Jon and I live in North Carolina (Go Tar Heels!). I am 32 years old and married to the woman of my dreams who got me turned on to Disney and now I'm a WDW Freak! I have been to the World 4 times in my life. I went once when I was about 10 years old with my parents and brother, once with my school when I was in the 10th grade, then in February of 2006 with my girlfriend (now wife) and her family and my last trip was in January of 2008 with my fiance (now wife) and her family again. I've been ready to go back since I walked out of the Magic Kingdom that last night in January 2008...

Here is my tentative itinerary:

Saturday Dec. 4 - Arrive at Walt Disney World - Fort Wilderness Campground. My in-laws have a HUGE 5th Wheel Camper so we love to stay at the campground. It's SOOOO much cheaper and we spend all our time in the parks, so it just makes sense for us. We drive all the way from North Carolina so we usually stop to spend the night near the GA/FL line on Friday night. We will finally arrive at the WDW Resort around lunch time on Saturday and proceed to check in at Fort Wilderness. After we take time to set up the camper, grab a few things from the outpost, and explore the campground for a bit, we will proably either head over to the Magic Kingdom or go over to Downtown Disney (if not both) and then come back to rest up for our first full day in the parks!
Sunday Dec. 5 - Animal Kingdom. We usually grab a quick breakfast on our way to the bus stop. Probably a pop tart or something like that. :rolleyes:We always make a B-Line straight for Kilimangaro Safaris as soon as the ropes drop because the best time to see the animals are first thing in the morning. But this time, I think I'm going to get everyone's card ticket and sprint toward Expedition Everest and get us all Fast Passes and then meet the rest of my crew at the Safaris. I want to try some of the different restaurants in Animal Kingdom this time because in the past we just grabbed something quick.
Some of my cant' miss attractions in DAK are: Expedition Everest (my favorite in this park and overall in WDW), Kilimangaro Safaris, It's Tough to be a Bug, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur and of course all the trails (I love animals). We always close out a day at Animal Kingdom by visiting the Rainforest Cafe! The atmosphere there is just awesome!
Monday Dec. 6 - Hollywood Studios. We always like to be at the parks at rope drop, so DHS is no exception! The last time I was at WDW, Toy Story Mania was not there yet... so after reading all the trip reports and ridiculous wait times for this attraction, I'll go there first and either ride and then get fast passes or just get fast passes for later. DHS is probably my favorite park... well I love them all, but I really like this one. It has my 2nd favorite attraction at Disney (TOT) and my 3rd favorite (RRC), not to mention great shows!
My can't misses for Hollywood Studios are: Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster, Beauty and the Beast, Star Tours (Can't wait for the new one!), Great Movie Ride, Blacklot Tour, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Muppet Vision 3D, Lights Motors Action and of course Fantasmic!
Tuesday Dec. 7 - Sea World. I know, I know. We cheat on Disney one day during our trip, but we love Sea World! Nemo forgives us every time. :kiss: We don't go all day without getting a taste of Disney though... First thing in the morning we will be driving over to the Contemperary Resort for breakfast at Chef Mickey's! This is our favorite character meal EVER! So yummy!! After that, it's off to Sea World for the day. Sea World closes around 6:00pm so we normally come back to the campground and then hop on over to which park is having EMH that night! You've got to love the fact that the Park Hopper option only goes up by like $3 a day after like 5 days! I mean, $3 to spend three or four hours in a Disney park? That's a deal you can't beat!
Wednesday Dec. 8 - Magic Kingdom - Ahhhh, the classic Disney park! How can you not just love it!?! I love scheduling a breakfast at either Crystal Palace or Cinderella's Castle before the park opens just so I can walk down Main Street USA when it is empty... It's just awesome. I love to snap a few pictures of the park and castle with nobody in the park and then snap a few shots later when it gets crowded. What a contrast! Anyway, we never really have a touring plan for Magic Kingdom, so we just explore all day and ride until Wishes lights up the night sky... I do want to try a Dole Whip on this trip (never had one before) and I also want to do the Jungle Cruise at night. My can't miss attractions for MK are: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain (It was closed for refurb on my last visit:mad:), Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Carousel of Progress and the TTA! I love all the shops along Main St. USA and all the places to eat! This park is truly magical!
Thursday Dec. 9 - EPCOT - EPCOT is another one of my favorites! I get excited just thinking about it! First things first - we sprint to Soarin' and then we get fast passes for it for later. We spend a little time in Future World and do all of our favorite attractions there along with the Land and the Seas with Nemo and Friends. Then, my favorite part, World Showcase! I love going to and exploring all of the countries, trying the food and browsing in all of the shops! A day at Epcot is not complete without taking in Illuminations! What an awesome display! My Epcot can't misses include: Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Mission:Space, Test Track, the American Adventure and Maelstrom.
Friday Dec. 10 - I have nothing planned for this day as of yet, but it will probably consist of hitting all of the parks and doing our favorite attractions one last time before heading home or grabbing that souvenir that we passed on earlier in the week.

I hope you guys enjoyed the rough draft of my tentative itinerary for my WDW trip that is still several months away! Oh well, the time will fly and it will be here before I know it! I'll update as plans fall into place... Until next time....
:wave:

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
I know what you're saying! I wish my time between Disney trips was shorter, but that's part of what makes it so magical when I do get to go. I'm afraid if I went all the time, it wouldn't be as special.
Still, the last time I went was January 2008 and I'm not going back until December 2010... That's almost 3 YEARS! That's unacceptable! Haha.

I know what you're saying! I wish my time between Disney trips was shorter, but that's part of what makes it so magical when I do get to go. I'm afraid if I went all the time, it wouldn't be as special.
Still, the last time I went was January 2008 and I'm not going back until December 2010... That's almost 3 YEARS! That's unacceptable! Haha.

I haven't been since December 2008, and I'm suffering Disney withdrawal! I can't imagine going three years without a Disney trip. I'm hoping to visit this December as well. Have a good time counting down for your trip! I think it's perfectly acceptable to wish a bit of life away if it means getting to Disney faster. :)

lebeau

I think hanging around the forums can give you the impression that there's something wrong with you if you can't go at least annually. Well, that's a skewed perspective. Most people go maybe once in a lifetime. So, don't feel bad about waiting 3 years between trips. It just keeps the magic fresh.

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
True. I know I'm lucky to have been 4 times in my life so far, but I just can't wait to go back. I think most anybody can go to WDW at least once if they want to. You can't go anywhere on vacation for less that $1000 anymore, so if people really want to go, all they have to do is book it. It's their choice. Disney or another beach trip.
Some people don't get hooked on Disney like some of us and they never go back. Some of us get hooked though!

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Also, June is just around the corner and that will make it 6 months until my trip! You know what that means... Park hours, fireworks and show times are released, and ADR's can be made! I'll post an updated itinerary asap after any revisions are made! :cool:

meganw1985

Sounds lik a great trip plan! I've never stayed at Fort Wilderness, stayed at Wilderness Lodge in November, but not the campground. Looking forward to seeing pictures! We always "plan" on chillin at DTD our first day there too, but are SO excited to get to the Magic, we hit Magic Kingdom right away! We can't help ourselves! And I completely agree with you the Chef Mickey's is the all-time best character experience/breakfast! Ate there for the first time in April 2009, went back in November, going back again this coming September! It's so good we usually pay out of pocket for it so we don't use a DDP credit. I have also wanted to take a day out to go to Sea World, as I haven't been there since I was 6, and my son has never been there. I can't make myself leave Disney property though...maybe I can make it in Sept :shrug: Oh and one last thing, don't worry about the time flying, it seems like just yesterday my bff and I were getting up at 4:45am to have our computers ready by 5am (6am Disney time) to do our ADRs. And today is our 97 day mark! :sohappy: It really is flying!

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Park Hours for December were released recently, so our itinerary has been updated accordingly...

Friday Dec 3 - Leave North Carolina around 12 noon and stop for the night near the Florida/Georgia line.

Saturday Dec 4 - Arrive at WDW!!! Check in to the Fort Wilderness Campground and hit Downtown Disney. We have ADR's at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue at the campground at 5:00pm and then we are gonna start the trip off right by hitting the Magic Kingdom - which is open until 10:00pm!!

Sunday Dec 5 - We are starting out the day at Animal Kingdom and have dinner reservations at the Rain Forest Cafe at 6:00pm. Then we are hopping over to Hollywood Studios for EMH from 8:00pm-11:00pm!

Monday Dec 6 - We will be spending the day at EPCOT and catching IllumiNATIONS at 9:30. Then, if we have time, we might head over to the Magic Kingdom since it has EMH until 11:00pm.

Tuesday Dec 7 - We have ADR's at 7:00am (too early :dazzle:) over at the Comtemporary Resort at Chef Mickey's!! This is my favorite character meal! Then we are cheating on Disney at little by going to Sea World for the day...well until about 5:30ish... Then we are heading back to WDW to the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at 7:00pm until Midnight!

Wednesday Dec 8 - We will have a full day at the Magic Kingdom... well at least until 5:00pm or so - then we are hopping over to Animal Kingdom for EMH from 5:00pm-8:00pm!

Thursday Dec 9 - We have Hollywood Studios scheduled all day and Fantasmic at 6:30pm.

Friday Dec 10 - We will be hitting all four parks and hitting all of our favorite attractions one last time before heading home. We will probably start out at Animal Kingdom and finish up at EPCOT since it is open until Midnight for it's EMH!

Saturday Dec 11 - We will be getting up early and heading back up to NC... :( Such a sad day....

That's the updated trip itinerary! Hope you enjoyed it!

Oh, also, just last week, our tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party came in the mail!!!! It's getting closer and closer!!!
Hahaha. Later, guys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom