Pre Trip report for a trip of firsts

I leave tomorrow for WDW so I figured that I would write out a quick PTR to show what I am doing. I put down that this is a trip of firsts because there are several in terms of the trip.

My 1st first: The purpose of this trip is to surprise my 4 nephews! I will be meeting my twin brother and his wife at the studios on Tuesday for our first day, but the nephews don't know that I am coming. This is a first because I have NEVER visited the parks with kids before! Since I am a former cast member I get to play tour guide and make suggestions.

My 2nd first: I fly out of Wisconsin tomorrow and transfer through Chicago O'hare Airport. I have always flown through Minneapolis and avoided Chicago like the plague up until now, but I couldn't find a flight available through Minneapolis this time around. This makes me kind of nervous because its a very busy airport and I have no idea where I'm going.

My 3rd first: Once I actually get to Orlando tomorrow night it will be my first time taking the Magic Express. I am really hoping that since I arrive at 8:30 at night it won't be as busy as the rest of the day and I won't have to wait an hour to get on a bus.

My 4th first: I will be staying CBR this time around! I usually stay at one of the value resorts, but I figured this time around why not splurge a little bit?! My brother and SIL are staying at POR, but I figured I would stay at a seperate resort just to get away and get some ME time while I'm there.

My 5th first (possibly): If I can get to the resort and get checked in with enough time left I plan on going to Planet Hollywood to use the $15 voucher that is part of my package. Believe it or not as a cast member I never even ate here!

Ok so that should be all my firsts, but here is a schedule of what we are doing for the week:
Monday: Check in to hotels
Tuesday: Disney Hollywood Studios
Wednesday: Magic Kingdom
Thursday: Epcot
Friday: Split up day! Brother and SIL go to AK and if I can get together with friends I will be going to Universal Studios for the day to see Harry Potter for the first time. Otherwise, I will be joining my brother and SIL at AK.

I am taking my laptop with me to empty my camera with every night so I will try to post nightly updates!

JonUWStout

Original Poster
O'Hare only has me worried because I have never flown through there before and its HUGE with all the different terminals. I have to go from terminal 2 to 1 on the way down and 1 to 2 on the way back. Everyone tells me how terrible of an airport it is, and that I can probably expect a good hour or two delay on my flight because that is the norm. I also forgot another first! I am flying with a different airline this time and I have never flown this airline before! As it is I really don't like flying much (If I had more time I would have taken Amtrak). I just get really claustrophobic in planes for some reason. I will fly if I have to but I prefer not flying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom