PR/Media Relations...or any type of that kind of Position...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Original Poster
Hi gang.... maybe someone here can help me out....
A few years ago...I got lucky and there was an opening for the Editor of Eyes and Ears....I applied....and I got a very nice letter back saying I did not get the position.....

I have a ton more experience now...I have been in broadcasting for the past 6-7 years.... alot of that time I have been writing for the most part...I have a ton of computer and graphic arts experience and am very flexible on what I can do....( I have a bunch of Customer service and retail experience as well) I am an editor/writer/producer for a DOT COM/Broadcast hybrid company right now... and well...I'm kind of burned out here.

I always wanted to be part of the magic at WDW.

I was wondering what positions I would be good for...or who to contact...(send the resume to) ...Or what are my odds of getting in at WDW. ... I have quite a few great references as well...
Any info would help.... or.... feel free to send me a Private Message :)

DanStat

I asked MKTiggerman a little while back about the same sort of thing. I think if you do a search it might turn up something...but, of course, I want an anchor job! :animwink: ...too bad there isn't WDW Daily News...

DMC-12

Original Poster
Originally posted by disneyprep50321
I asked MKTiggerman a little while back about the same sort of thing. I think if you do a search it might turn up something

Yeah.... It’s not just specifically the media sector I am looking for at this point.

I am looking for anything with my experience :)

cm1988

Salute to a veteran poster

Originally posted by DMC-12
...have a ton of computer and graphic arts experience and am very flexible on what I can do...kind of burned out here.... always wanted to be part of the magic at WDW....what are my odds of getting in at WDW...
Wow, I see you have over a thousand posts here, so I guess I don't need to give you the jobline phone number or tell you about the Disney company's employment website, or monster.com.

You've been there, right?

The best I can offer is a little encouragement and sincere best wishes. As an internal candidate for promotion at WDW, I'm sure I applied for hundred roles. Eventually found a path that I never would have expected.

Not to say I fell into a million-dollar opportunity, but hey, the current job is a pretty good fit and 'pays the rent'.

Sorry to hear you're feeling burned-out (perhaps mildly?). That's not the best place to be in a tight employment market.

Anyway, I won't ramble on further here since I have so little to offer. Just wanted to wish you well and maybe a challenge will come up at work this week to bring back that spark. From what I see (above) you have some great work experiencesin your past. Here's to the future!

DMC-12

Original Poster
Re: Salute to a veteran poster

Originally posted by cm1988

Wow, I see you have over a thousand posts here, so I guess I don't need to give you the jobline phone number or tell you about the Disney company's employment website, or monster.com.

You've been there, right?

The best I can offer is a little encouragement and sincere best wishes. As an internal candidate for promotion at WDW, I'm sure I applied for hundred roles. Eventually found a path that I never would have expected.

Not to say I fell into a million-dollar opportunity, but hey, the current job is a pretty good fit and 'pays the rent'.

Sorry to hear you're feeling burned-out (perhaps mildly?). That's not the best place to be in a tight employment market.

Anyway, I won't ramble on further here since I have so little to offer. Just wanted to wish you well and maybe a challenge will come up at work this week to bring back that spark. From what I see (above) you have some great work experiences in your past. Here's to the future!

Thanks! Yeah...I watch monster.com like a hawk for WDW jobs....:lol:

By the company's employment website you Mean this one?
Disney Job Site I am just asking to make sure there is not another site out there I am missing ;)

I will give the jobline a buzz during the week....I have never done that before......do they have the same thing on the Jobline as they do on monster.com....or does it differ....ie. more jobs posted on the jobline?

Thanks for your words of encouragement! I will keep trying....and one of these days... I will be working at WDW :)

cm1988

Yep, yep

Originally posted by DMC-12

By the company's employment website you Mean this one?
Disney Job Site...
Yes, that's the one!

...do they have the same thing on the Jobline as they do on monster.com....or does it differ....ie. more jobs posted on the jobline?
I think the jobline is focused on hiring for 'front-line' roles, still they advertise that you will be able to talk with a casting rep, live.

And there's always the networking perspective to consider. Do you belong to any professional organizations in which you might make Disney contacts? Do you know anyone who might be a vendor, participant, contractor or consultant to WDW? Considering the numbers of those folks, it seems not too unlikely that you do... even if you haven't yet discovered who those contacts are.

DMC-12

Original Poster
Re: Yep, yep

Originally posted by cm1988

Yes, that's the one!

I think the jobline is focused on hiring for 'front-line' roles, still they advertise that you will be able to talk with a casting rep, live.

And there's always the networking perspective to consider. Do you belong to any professional organizations in which you might make Disney contacts? Do you know anyone who might be a vendor, participant, contractor or consultant to WDW? Considering the numbers of those folks, it seems not too unlikely that you do... even if you haven't yet discovered who those contacts are.

Thanks....:)
Thats kind of the problem though.... I dont have the connections you speak of to use my networking abilities....lol :)

tahoe98

Bad News

I'll have to tell you that trying to get a professional job at WDW is near impossible. I have been applying (in many different ways--Disney website, Monster.com, mail, fax, networking) for about a year and a half.

Where am I now? Laid off from Compaq/HP and still wanting a job with WDW. In the very least, I am trying to get a job in Central Florida.

If you call the WDW Professional Jobline, it will tell you that "WDW is a proponant of internal promotions." That right there says it all. :brick:

I have seen other posts from present/past CMs that have even had problems getting promoted from within.

Nevertheless, the quest continues--as it must. I will never give up. My goal at this point? Get a good job in the Orlando/Kissimmee area, and perhaps a PT job for WDW. That way I could move up from within the company.

Other than that, all I can say is GOOD LUCK!!! If you do find some luck somewhere, how about passing it along.

I hope this doesn't sound too pessimestic; however, you can understand my position. I do have some jobs lined up, but keep hoping that one day......

Best regards,
tahoe (Ben) :lookaroun

DMC-12

Original Poster
Re: Bad News

Originally posted by tahoe98
I'll have to tell you that trying to get a professional job at WDW is near impossible. I have been applying (in many different ways--Disney website, Monster.com, mail, fax, networking) for about a year and a half.

Where am I now? Laid off from Compaq/HP and still wanting a job with WDW. In the very least, I am trying to get a job in Central Florida.

If you call the WDW Professional Jobline, it will tell you that "WDW is a proponant of internal promotions." That right there says it all. :brick:

I have seen other posts from present/past CMs that have even had problems getting promoted from within.

Nevertheless, the quest continues--as it must. I will never give up. My goal at this point? Get a good job in the Orlando/Kissimmee area, and perhaps a PT job for WDW. That way I could move up from within the company.

Other than that, all I can say is GOOD LUCK!!! If you do find some luck somewhere, how about passing it along.

I hope this doesn't sound too pessimestic; however, you can understand my position. I do have some jobs lined up, but keep hoping that one day......

Best regards,
tahoe (Ben) :lookaroun

Ben....
I totally understand.... :) I have been trying off and on for the past 3 years... at least... to get into WDW.... so I know what you are saying... its very frustraing at times... I am just asking around... to get a feel for whats going on currently... :)

Good luck in your ventures as well :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom