Potential PS Difficulties

mickeysaver

We have been working on some of details of our December vacation. Can anyone here tell me how much trouble we may have securing the following PS arrangements? I know about the PS Calculator and how to get a PS in advance. I just wanted to know if any of these are potentially harder to come by than others. Thanks! Mickey

Saturday - Cheesecake Factory at DTD - Lunch
Saturday - WolfGang Puck's Cafe at DTD - Dinner
Sunday - Rose & Crown at Epcot - Dinner
Monday - Rainforest Cafe at AK - Dinner
Tuesday - Liberty Tree Tavern with MVMCP package at MK - Dinner
Wednesday - Planet Hollywood at DTD - Lunch
Wednesday - Rainforest Cafe at DTD - Dinner
Thursday - Le Cellier at Epcot - Dinner
Friday - Big River Grille and Brewing Works @ Boardwalk - Dinner
Saturday - Chef Mickey's at Contemporary - Breakfast

BDF

Hiya mickeysaver,

If you call by the times calculated by the PS calculator, you should have no problems. Although, the last time we were there we had a bad experience at Big River Grille and Brewing Works @ Boardwalk , The service was only so so and the food wasn't much better. If it were me I would book dinner at either Spoodles or the Flying Fish.

Good luck on the PS's and enjoy your meals.

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Originally posted by BDF
Hiya mickeysaver,

If you call by the times calculated by the PS calculator, you should have no problems. Although, the last time we were there we had a bad experience at Big River Grille and Brewing Works @ Boardwalk , The service was only so so and the food wasn't much better. If it were me I would book dinner at either Spoodles or the Flying Fish.

Good luck on the PS's and enjoy your meals.

Thanks for the input on this BDF. I guess I will have to reconsider that Friday night. The day is planned for MGM with a counter service lunch somewhere there. I was hoping to check out the Boardwalk, but my honey is a picky eater and Spoodles and Flying Fish just won't work out as well as what I saw on the menu at Big River Grille. Maybe we will just make this a quiet evening with room service and some cuddle time. Mickey

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Originally posted by goofyman
You should have no problem with most of these. The hardest ones will be liberty tree and chef Mickeys....call early

The Liberty Tree is going to be the toughest from what I understand. I have to book the PS for it when I book the MVMCP tickets. I am watching for the ticket sale date like a hawk. I really want a PS at an early time, so we can play until midnight without having to stop and eat.

As for Chef Mickey's, I am holding out hope that someone at WDW gets a clue and makes the Ohana breakfast a Lilo and Stitch meal. So, I'm waiting for now.

Thanks for your input. Mickey

Upvote 0

conntom

Hi Mickeysaver if you need more help I think Pam at
Kingdom Konsultants can help you she knows all kinds
of things about the Parks give her a try.

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Thanks conntom, I've seen that Pam is one smart cookie. I might have to ask her a thing or two, but I usually can do ok with the advice of the fine folks of this and a few other boards. Mickey

Upvote 0

iluvwdw

MickeySaver, where is the Cheesecake Factory in DTD? Are you talking about the Cheesecake Factory Express in Disney Quest? Just wondering...I love the Cheesecake Factory and if there was a full service restaurant, I would definitely be there! Especiall if I could make a PS...there is one near where I live and the wait is ALWAYS at least 1 hour....

Upvote 0

wdwforus

We didnt have any problem getiing a PS for Chef Mickeys but I wouldnt go there again unless my kids really wanted to. The food wasnt nearly as good as Crystal Palace.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Mickey, Coordination!!! A fine thing!!! You are doing just awesome!!! As long as you call 60 days out for the Magic Kingdom stuff you should have no problem on the PS for those. Le Cellier is awesome Id call a bit further back for that. I cant imagine you are going to have any difficulty though. Are you going to be attending the Magic Meet & Greet?? We are doing the first one in the later half of the first week of December and the second in the first half of the second week. ( Like Thursday and Tuesday type of thing). In addition, we are also trying to schedule a private dessert party and a private viewing area for Fantasmic for that Friday (December 5th) We would love to have you!!! PM me or Kingdom Konsultant with any questions! Belle

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Originally posted by iluvwdw
MickeySaver, where is the Cheesecake Factory in DTD? Are you talking about the Cheesecake Factory Express in Disney Quest?

Unfortunately, yes, it's just the Latte and Cheesecake shop. I don't think it will matter much. I'm betting we eat at Cracker Barrel on the road from Deland to Orlando with my honey's family that morning. You know how that food sticks to your ribs. lol Mickey

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwforus
We didnt have any problem getiing a PS for Chef Mickeys but I wouldnt go there again unless my kids really wanted to. The food wasnt nearly as good as Crystal Palace.

You know, I keep hearing rave reviews on the Crystal Palace. I am seriously considering changing to that instead. I just was hoping to do a resort breakfast instead of a park breakfast, so that we could have some freedom in the park hopping that day. I want an OMG early PS time. lol Mickey

PS.....pray for a Lilo & Stitch Ohana breakfast!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Mickeysaver, You like that Cracker Barrel Place?? Two of my friends took me there after they were raving about it. I found it just only passing fair. If you want qa GOOD Breakfast that will stick to your ribs you must try Boatwright's at the Port Orleans Riverside!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!! I Sometimes think I stay there just for Boatwright's!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Thanks Belle! I would love to have done the Internet meet week, but the last chunk of my Disney fund doesn't come into my hands until the 13th of December and it's about 25% of the entire budget. So, we will arrive at WDW on 12/13 and leave on 12/21. I can't wait! At least I get to miss Pop Warner. lol I hope to do an internet meet one day, but it's sometime a few years out it looks like. Mickey

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

no problem there Mickey!!!! Had to invite you though!! Isnt it nice to be wanted??? Anything I can help with otherwise please ask!!! I will do my best to help!!! Belle

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Hello again Belle! lol

Yes, I love Cracker Barrel. Their breakfast is not all good. I love the Country Boy breakfast. It's huge and perfect for splitting with my honey when she orders a pancake breakfast. Another good alternative is their steak biscuits. Cracker Barrel definately does things their own way.

I continue to hear good things about Boatwright's. A co-worker was raving about the place today. I don't think it will fit into the plans for this trip, but the trip I hope to take in October, 2004, would be just about perfect. Thanks again. Mickey

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Hello Mickeysaver,

All of the PS plans that you have should go off without a hitch. Just follow the planner and keep track of which restaurant you have to book when and then call when you hit the 120, 90, 60 or 30 day mark. This will assure you that you get the times that you want.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom