Rumor Potential New Magic Kingdom Area Hotel

Purduevian

Original Poster
Please show me how exactly that would be the case? To date they have not successfully integrated resorts into parks in US. Look at how "successful" the Star wars resort was
Star Wars resort was not at all similar to an in park hotel. It was a "cruise" with a half day stop at DHS.

In the US the only example is Grand California hotel and I would say it's pretty successful.

Looking at DLR website for the last week of July 25th-28th for a 3 night stay (~2 months out from today):
Room typeDisneyland hotel (0.4 miles to gate)Grand California (private entrance to park)
Standard$613$842
Deluxe View$669$874
Premium View$704$946
Downtown Disney View$751$995

Disneyland hotel used to be the flagship hotel of DLR... I know proximity isn't the only difference between these 2, but the rooms and the pool are quite similar as well.

J4546

I think they should make an Epcot Hotel, heres my plans. A Italian/Venice themed hotel with canal boats to ride on, all rooms facing inward and all building 3-5 stories and cant be seen from the park. You also get to use the old Italy Pavilion for a new one, Im thinking India, Egypt, or Brazil

Attachments

• epcoth.jpg
    epcoth.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 89

DCLcruiser

So, if it's near Adventureland, what are we thinking for the specific theme? We already have Polynesian and Caribbean Beach. Perhaps it is the S.E.A headquarters?

bmr1591

I can... Sometimes it is not necessarily about the "room" perse but more about the resort as a whole. The deluxe resorts are often not as full of young families...tend to be less crowded...The design of the Deluxe resorts has usually much nicer amenities, restaurants etc. We stayed at Pop Century years ago when it was new...In general it was fine, but the pool was always full of screaming kids all the way until after midnight, the Food Court area was mayhem in the morning when we just wanted a quiet coffee or breakfast thing... It was literally unpleasant and we had to drive over to the Boardwalk for breakfast each morning. The rooms at the Deluxe are also larger and better appointed....
If I had kids and a young family, then I am sure I would be fine with the environment at the All Star and Pop Century resorts... But now I prefer to be able to escape the chaos when we return to the hotel in the evening...and I am sure a lot of other people feel the same way.
no shade on those that enjoy the noise and screaming crowds in their hotel... I just prefer a little peace after a day of running around in the heat and crowds...

Those prices feel only justifiable if you’re doing a hotel trip to really enjoy the hotel. But at those prices, I can fly to the actual places their modeled after for cheaper…

Yes, but it would kill Grand Floridian, so it’s not being considered except potentially DVC many years out.

Why would it kill GF? If it really would, then GF needs to fix its underlying issue.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think they should make an Epcot Hotel, heres my plans. A Italian/Venice themed hotel with canal boats to ride on, all rooms facing inward and all building 3-5 stories and cant be seen from the park. You also get to use the old Italy Pavilion for a new one, Im thinking India, Egypt, or Brazil
Because Epcot needs a third gate before any other park would get a second one? And the "idea" put forth...

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

TheIceBaron

Disney is also concerned about how such a hotel will affect operations, I would think a hotel connected to a park would actually be better operationally.

If there was a hotel connected to Epcot’s entrance for example, people staying at that hotel would obviously not need transportation to Epcot but would also be able to use the monorail to get to MK, reducing transportation operating costs. I am firmly against the Disney bus system so I hope most new hotels have lots of non-bus options. It’s better for Disney and the guest to not need to overly rely on busses.

ToTBellHop

Those prices feel only justifiable if you’re doing a hotel trip to really enjoy the hotel. But at those prices, I can fly to the actual places their modeled after for cheaper…

Why would it kill GF? If it really would, then GF needs to fix its underlying issue.
GF isn't particularly fancy but they still want $1000/night. What it lacks in amenities it largely makes up for with fireworks views and proximity to MK. If there is a closer resort with cash rooms, why would anyone pay $1000 for a night at GF? It's not something that better smelling body wash and monogrammed toilet paper would fix, either.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The amount of money they could make if they were to incorporate a hotel with a back entrance to beyond big thunder expansion would be insane (think Epic Universe Helios, Disneyland Paris Hotel, Mira Costa TDS, or Fantasy Springs hotel).

Add in a potential secondary exit from MK (busses to the TTC or other parks shared with the hotel), and it could relieve some of the pressure off main street.

Blue is potential beyond Big thunder, Red is potential hotel space with private entrance. Red area is ~3.5 million sq feet. For reference contemporary with parking lot, convention center, marina and Baylake tower, ect is ~2.1 million sq feet
View attachment 788156
too close to fireworks launch pads.

gerarar

Premium Member
Yellow represents a firework launcher. Blue are the newer smaller launch sites that came with Project Nugget/Disney Enchantment.

Red X's and Tron mean the site has been decommissioned since 2021.
1000011042.png

Regardless, firework launch sites could always be moved further back behind Floridian Way. However, considering Disney just refurbished the launch site that sits on the Beyond BTMR plot, who knows..

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Star Wars resort was not at all similar to an in park hotel. It was a "cruise" with a half day stop at DHS.

In the US the only example is Grand California hotel and I would say it's pretty successful.

Looking at DLR website for the last week of July 25th-28th for a 3 night stay (~2 months out from today):
Room typeDisneyland hotel (0.4 miles to gate)Grand California (private entrance to park)
Standard$613$842
Deluxe View$669$874
Premium View$704$946
Downtown Disney View$751$995

Disneyland hotel used to be the flagship hotel of DLR... I know proximity isn't the only difference between these 2, but the rooms and the pool are quite similar as well.
Perhaps, I would much rather they focus on improving and expanding the parks themselves, rather than adding another resort that connects to the park. I would add, if they felt forced to do this, do this at a park like DHS or AK or Epcot, so you hopefully increase the draw there, instead of over packing MK

BaymaxFan

Yellow represents a firework launcher. Blue are the newer smaller launch sites that came with Project Nugget/Disney Enchantment.

View attachment 788196

Regardless, firework launch sites could always be moved further back behind Floridian Way. However, considering Disney just refurbished the launch site that sits on the BTMR plot, who knows..
I miss when they actually had perimeter fireworks using those launch sites. Now it's just 3 behind the castle and on special days three parallel to eachother on the lake.

Purduevian

Original Poster
GF isn't particularly fancy but they still want $1000/night. What it lacks in amenities it largely makes up for with fireworks views and proximity to MK. If there is a closer resort with cash rooms, why would anyone pay $1000 for a night at GF? It's not something that better smelling body wash and monogrammed toilet paper would fix, either.
Isn't there already a closer resort with cash rooms (Contemporary)?

View attachment 788196

Regardless, firework launch sites could always be moved further back behind Floridian Way. However, considering Disney just refurbished the launch site that sits on the BTMR plot, who knows..
So really just the far-left active yellow dot would need to be moved for a hotel back there (or nothing needs to be moved if they put in in Len's spot from the original post).

ToTBellHop

Isn't there already a closer resort with cash rooms (Contemporary)?

So really just the far-left active yellow dot would need to be moved for a hotel back there (or nothing needs to be moved if they put in in Len's spot from the original post).
Grand Floridian is the flagship resort. You don’t one-up your flagship. Contemporary isn’t opulent like the Grand supposedly is, so it’s never commanded the same room rates.

Guests are starting to realize the Grand isn’t actually opulent at all which present work is somehow meant to fix.

ToTBellHop

I can see more standalone dvc…but on a not too complicated sight.

There’s just zero evidence/indication they need more hotel space.

Can’t sell what they got
Certainly not deluxe resort cash rooms. They already cannibalize their own deluxe rooms.

Honestly, an Extra Value tier below the All Stars would book up. But what would that look like? Only 3 walls to a room? Outhouses?

I guess if it’s like $70/night…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Certainly not deluxe resort cash rooms. They already cannibalize their own deluxe rooms.

Honestly, an Extra Value tier below the All Stars would book up. But what would that look like? Only 3 walls to a room? Outhouses?

I guess if it’s like $70/night…
Agree…

But that totally blows up this “location based” crap they have tried to push.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom